Conservatives and Liberals| Are they alike?

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

As an Independent, it's been interesting to observe the similarities and differences between Conservatives and Liberals these past few years, this is not a complete list, but here is what I've found:

The similarities:

-Both spend the majority of their time and energy trash talking the "other side" while turning a blind eye to their own misdeeds.

-Both tend to be hypocritical

-Both talk a lot about reducing the national debt and fixing our infrastructure at election time, but neither side does a damn thing about it once the election is over.

- Both lie a lot

The differences:

Conservatives - Use more dirty language (how that squares with their Evangelical faith, I have no idea) Use more personal attacks, Write like little children i.e. Dims, cuz, butthurt etc. Keep their many gay and lesbian sexual habits in the closet.

Liberals - Complain about racism and sexism a lot. Have no plan regarding foreign policy, Think all white males are "the enemy" Won't vote for their party's candidate unless their candidates thinking aligns at least 95% with their own.

Regarding Donald Trump: The sum of missteps and misdeeds are too many to list here, however Trump has 2 redeeming qualities: Unlike many past GOP presidents, he has not started any new wars, nor has he expanded the one's we're in now.

What a long, strange trip it's been -
Simple answer. YES! NEITHER does anything that's in the best interest of the American people.

To me, true ''independents'' are people who aren't much interested in politics. They don't follow it nor do they understand much about it. They'll vote either way every 2-4 years. They are the ones that determine who is president.

1. You're wrong
2. You're wrong
3. Most voters do that very thing
4. We know. So act accordingly

For crying out loud. Say, do you never tire of your saucy bullshit?

The Constitution was created by way of a fierce fight, the federalists won, and the other side was crushed.

Both-side-ists just want to hide in their ideological Safe Space and fling poo - in all directions. Of course, it's the height of hypocrisy to claim they are non-ideological.

They are just sitting somewhere between progressives and the reactionaries (heading back to the 1950s), bereft of ideas of their own, anxiously calling on both sides not to change anything. They are, in fact, the conservatives abandoned by the Trumpish, reactionary GOP, without the creativity and energy to form a party, without the intellectual chops to formulate a program, and with nothing to fight for other than protecting their comfortable, intellectually lazy life against the noisy and messy politics of the day.

Here's Mac, demonstrating what a serious thinker he is:

Funny x 1
Mac1958​
Seriously, you've gotta get me out of your head.
I've gotta hand it to you, Mac. You are definitely an equal opportunity offender.

I consider it a badge of honor that you should wear proudly.

:laugh:
:beer:

To me, true ''independents'' are people who aren't much interested in politics. They don't follow it nor do they understand much about it. They'll vote either way every 2-4 years. They are the ones that determine who is president.

1. You're wrong
2. You're wrong
3. Most voters do that very thing
4. We know. So act accordingly

I'm right. A shitload of people don't even vote, that's how disinterested they are in politics. The majority of people that DO vote don't visit message boards like this and don't much discuss politics on their Facebook pages and they're willing to vote for Obama or Trump, evidenced by the last three elections.

I'm right. A shitload of people

Ahh. Scientific advice. A 'shitload of people' is always a powerful metric we can all identify with. You da man!

don't even vote, that's how disinterested they are in politics.

Disinterested perhaps. They also might be disenfranchised and distracted. They also might be caustically partisan drones that don't actually process the full entirety or brevity of their vote. They simply do what the hive mind tells them. The fact that you dismiss their impact tells me you're scared. Most people live their lives ignorant of politics, nerd. Those people are truly the ones who are going to decide who's going to be President. Dismiss their reach at your own peril.

The majority of people that DO vote don't visit message boards like this and don't much discuss politics on their Facebook pages and they're willing to vote for Obama or Trump, evidenced by the last three elections.

Exactly. Normal people.

For crying out loud. Say, do you never tire of your saucy bullshit?

The Constitution was created by way of a fierce fight, the federalists won, and the other side was crushed.

Both-side-ists just want to hide in their ideological Safe Space and fling poo - in all directions. Of course, it's the height of hypocrisy to claim they are non-ideological.

They are just sitting somewhere between progressives and the reactionaries (heading back to the 1950s), bereft of ideas of their own, anxiously calling on both sides not to change anything. They are, in fact, the conservatives abandoned by the Trumpish, reactionary GOP, without the creativity and energy to form a party, without the intellectual chops to formulate a program, and with nothing to fight for other than protecting their comfortable, intellectually lazy life against the noisy and messy politics of the day.

Here's Mac, demonstrating what a serious thinker he is:

Funny x 1
Mac1958​
Seriously, you've gotta get me out of your head.
I've gotta hand it to you, Mac. You are definitely an equal opportunity offender.

I consider it a badge of honor that you should wear proudly.

:laugh:

I do love how emotional they get when I point out how similar they are to each other.

First line of my sig: It's the wingers vs. the rest of us, buddy.

Last edited:
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

As an Independent, it's been interesting to observe the similarities and differences between Conservatives and Liberals these past few years, this is not a complete list, but here is what I've found:

The similarities:

-Both spend the majority of their time and energy trash talking the "other side" while turning a blind eye to their own misdeeds.

-Both tend to be hypocritical

-Both talk a lot about reducing the national debt and fixing our infrastructure at election time, but neither side does a damn thing about it once the election is over.

- Both lie a lot

The differences:

Conservatives - Use more dirty language (how that squares with their Evangelical faith, I have no idea) Use more personal attacks, Write like little children i.e. Dims, cuz, butthurt etc. Keep their many gay and lesbian sexual habits in the closet.

Liberals - Complain about racism and sexism a lot. Have no plan regarding foreign policy, Think all white males are "the enemy" Won't vote for their party's candidate unless their candidates thinking aligns at least 95% with their own.

Regarding Donald Trump: The sum of missteps and misdeeds are too many to list here, however Trump has 2 redeeming qualities: Unlike many past GOP presidents, he has not started any new wars, nor has he expanded the one's we're in now.

What a long, strange trip it's been -
We don't get the gov't we want but we do get the gov't we deserve.

Forum List

Back