Conservatives and Liberals| Are they alike?

Most independents are just terribly embarrassed conservatives who hate having to ever play defense.
And right wingers say that most independents are actually embarrassed left wingers.

You folks are peas in a pod.
And you seem to simply enjoy lecturing everyone from your non-committal high-horse where you never have to defend anything.
My specific stands on the positions are listed in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

I happily take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every single day here.

Meanwhile, you hide in your ideological Safe Space and fling poo.

Wanna try again?
Not really.

-Both spend the majority of their time and energy trash talking the "other side" while turning a blind eye to their own misdeeds.

-Both tend to be hypocritical

Good points, but these seem both pretty much the same thing.

- Both talk a lot about reducing the national debt and fixing our infrastructure at election time, but neither side does a damn thing about it once the election is over.

- Both lie a lot

Again, same thing.

Conservatives - Use more dirty language (how that squares with their Evangelical faith, I have no idea) Use more personal attacks, Write like little children i.e. Dims, cuz, butthurt etc. Keep their many gay and lesbian sexual habits in the closet.

I still see the dirtiest language coming from the left. The Cult of 45 uses memes, attacking the character of a person with the use of derisive nicknames, flat out lying (using fake news/videos), thinly veiled racism, religious persecution, misogyny and homophobia to get their message across. Conservative Republicans, for the most part, haven't changed all that much to me.

Liberals - Complain about racism and sexism a lot. Have no plan regarding foreign policy, Think all white males are "the enemy" Won't vote for their party's candidate unless their candidates thinking aligns at least 95% with their own.

I think today's left wingers use racism, sexism, homophobia and religious persecution as tools to try and achieve some resemblance to a mob rule to try and punish the former. Alienating people never works. No self described liberal I know believes Caucasians are the enemy. That's a hyperbolic argument from the Cult of 45. The lefty diehards will fall into place once the desired candidate is anointed (rigged/selected) by the DNC because they are as clueless and brainwashed as the Cult of 45. Liberal Democrats, for the most part, haven't changed all that much to me.

Good thing that Mac, the extreme centrist, never deflects.
Perfect. First a left winger, now a right winger. I love it.

From the second line of my sig: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

Wanna try again?

You have repeatedly defended the nonsense that is the horse-shoe theory. You are an extreme centrist, no lie. How do you feel now that "extreme" is attached to your name?

Further, deflection is your super power. You are at least as good at it as I am with insults. Goes well with extreme centrism.
Defending the political horse shoe theory is easy. The two ends of the spectrum are consistently and comically similar in their behaviors.

They refuse to admit it, of course, because they hate being equated to any degree with those they so loathe.

Not my problem.

Most independents are just terribly embarrassed conservatives who hate having to ever play defense.
And right wingers say that most independents are actually embarrassed left wingers.

And you seem to simply enjoy lecturing everyone from your non-committal high-horse where you never have to defend anything.
You KNOW where I stand. I don't hide behind ANYTHING.

I will continue to lecture the commie left and Jesus Nazi right and anyone else not committed to the preservation of liberty, rather than their own ass.

From the second line of my sig: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

Wanna try again?

You have repeatedly defended the nonsense that is the horse-shoe theory. You are an extreme centrist, no lie. How do you feel now that "extreme" is attached to your name?

Further, deflection is your super power. You are at least as good at it as I am with insults. Goes well with extreme centrism.
Defending the political horse shoe theory is easy. The two ends of the spectrum are consistently and comically similar in their behaviors.

They refuse to admit it, of course, because they hate being equated to any degree with those they so loathe.

Not my problem.

Horse shoe theory is at least as radical and false as the theories presented by Hitler and Stalin combined.

With the logic you could observe a war and conclude "both sides are the same, they are shooting each other". Well that is a genius insight indeed.

It just means I have principles.
It doesn't take much in the way of "principles" to obediently follow a tribe.

So a free thinker can’t be on a particular side of the spectrum? That’s the type of attitude so-called independents have toward people who actually believe in something. Meanwhile you believe in nothing but chastising everyone and claiming moral superiority.

Anyone can be cynical. Try a new shtick. These independents like to pretend they’re babysitters when all they do is point to hypocrisy on both sides, meanwhile they either have no principles or don’t fight for their principles. I’m on the right, the fact that there are hypocrites on the right doesn’t make me a hypocrite. It just means I have principles. The fact that you’re an independent doesn’t make you any more or less virtuous than a conservative or liberal.
I fight for the principle of liberty.

I don't fight for the principle of us v. them.

It just means I have principles.
It doesn't take much in the way of "principles" to obediently follow a tribe.

So a free thinker can’t be on a particular side of the spectrum? That’s the type of attitude so-called independents have toward people who actually believe in something. Meanwhile you believe in nothing but chastising everyone and claiming moral superiority.
No, but we don't have to get involved in all the R v. D bullshit either.

I call the ALL to the carpet when they do bullshit.

Anyone can be cynical. Try a new shtick. These independents like to pretend they’re babysitters when all they do is point to hypocrisy on both sides, meanwhile they either have no principles or don’t fight for their principles. I’m on the right, the fact that there are hypocrites on the right doesn’t make me a hypocrite. It just means I have principles. The fact that you’re an independent doesn’t make you any more or less virtuous than a conservative or liberal.

Between the left and right which sides with liberty more often?

Wanna try again?

Not my problem.

Horse shoe theory is at least as radical and false as the theories presented by Hitler and Stalin combined.

With the logic you could observe a war and conclude "both sides are the same, they are shooting each other". Well that is a genius insight indeed.
Well, I've never been compared to Hitler and Stalin before!

:laugh:

Oh, and I've never said "both sides are the same", not ever, not once. I merely point out the similarities in behaviors. And there are so many!

Keep trying, though.

Between the left and right which sides with liberty more often?
That's like asking who is more evil, Satan or The Devil.

It's like they had a meeting and decided which liberty each side would refuse to defend to slowly fuck us over.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

As an Independent, it's been interesting to observe the similarities and differences between Conservatives and Liberals these past few years, this is not a complete list, but here is what I've found:

The similarities:

-Both spend the majority of their time and energy trash talking the "other side" while turning a blind eye to their own misdeeds.

-Both talk a lot about reducing the national debt and fixing our infrastructure at election time, but neither side does a damn thing about it once the election is over.

- Both lie a lot

The differences:

Conservatives - Use more dirty language (how that squares with their Evangelical faith, I have no idea) Use more personal attacks, Write like little children i.e. Dims, cuz, butthurt etc. Keep their many gay and lesbian sexual habits in the closet.

Liberals - Complain about racism and sexism a lot. Have no plan regarding foreign policy, Think all white males are "the enemy" Won't vote for their party's candidate unless their candidates thinking aligns at least 95% with their own.

Regarding Donald Trump: The sum of missteps and misdeeds are too many to list here, however Trump has 2 redeeming qualities: Unlike many past GOP presidents, he has not started any new wars, nor has he expanded the one's we're in now.

What a long, strange trip it's been -

I don't think so.

I think the problem with claiming that people lie, is that we don't seem to accept a standard of truth.

I know dozens of conservatives, that are not 'evangelical' faith people.

As for the childish talk.... are you not seeing the posts by liberals that are constantly childish all the time?

Keep their many gay and lesbian sexual habits in the closet
What? There are gay and lesbian conservatives. I don't think there are "many"... however... like most conservatives, I don't talk about my sexual habits ever, regardless of if they are hetrosexual or homosexual.

I don't think I've heard a single conservative on this forum yet, that talked about his hetrosexual habits.

So why would you expect them to talk about homosexual habits?

I don't understand this line of thinking, that says people must talk about their sexual habits. Because you never see someone say ... "Keep their many hetro and straight sexual habits in the closet." Yet no one talks about that.... so they most be keeping it in the closet.

Right? I don't get the double standard I see on this topic constantly.

Balance and moderation is not noncommittal.

My specific stands on the positions are listed in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

Wanna try again?
Independence and moderation requires critical thinking. Extreme ideologues on the right and left require no thinking. They speak from a ideological script that has no connection to the real world.

Good points, but these seem both pretty much the same thing.

- Both talk a lot about reducing the national debt and fixing our infrastructure at election time, but neither side does a damn thing about it once the election is over.

- Both lie a lot

Again, same thing.

I still see the dirtiest language coming from the left. The Cult of 45 uses memes, attacking the character of a person with the use of derisive nicknames, flat out lying (using fake news/videos), thinly veiled racism, religious persecution, misogyny and homophobia to get their message across. Conservative Republicans, for the most part, haven't changed all that much to me.

I think today's left wingers use racism, sexism, homophobia and religious persecution as tools to try and achieve some resemblance to a mob rule to try and punish the former. Alienating people never works. No self described liberal I know believes Caucasians are the enemy. That's a hyperbolic argument from the Cult of 45. The lefty diehards will fall into place once the desired candidate is anointed (rigged/selected) by the DNC because they are as clueless and brainwashed as the Cult of 45. Liberal Democrats, for the most part, haven't changed all that much to me.
just like you Bill but on the other side. You are what you criticize.

Wanna try again?
Independence and moderation requires critical thinking. Extreme ideologues on the right and left require no thinking. They speak from a ideological script that has no connection to the real world.
It also requires intellectual honesty, another quality ignored by ideologues.

Each tribe tells itself that it has all the answers. Independents think the best answers come from collaboration and innovation.

People who bring flamethrowers to discussions are the problem. I have a mixture of liberal and conservative positions. Ideology just provides the point of view. Two choices here: play whack a mole or find areas of common ground.

People who bring flamethrowers to discussions are the problem. I have a mixture of liberal and conservative positions. Ideology just provides the point of view. Two choices here: play whack a mole or find areas of common ground.
The question is whether we still have the capacity to do so. I'm not so sure any more.

It's like a muscle: Use it or lose it.

Forum List

Back