What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conservative Case for Environmentalism

bucs90

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm all for environmentalism. Through personal beliefs and efforts. I just don't want a large government with armed men enforcing it.

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Reaction score
Have all the electric cars you want.. or hydrogen fuel cell cars.. or manual powered cars... or hamster treadmill cars... or solar cars.. or whatever else.... I'm all for it... I am NOT for FORCING anyone to abandon they type of car they want or need though

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
REal conservatism has ALWAYS been about CONSERVING.

That might explain why the first conservation minded POTUS was a REPUBLICAN.

History...unless you know it, you don't understand the world you live in.

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Depends upon the brand of "environmentalism" you're talking about.

That which usurps property rights in order to protect some rare mosquito is as overbearing and tyrannical as it gets.

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Reaction score
Considering crazy people now control the 'green' lobby, its very hard to get true evironmentalism.

gslack

Reaction score
Environmentalism Is a great thing.... But the reality is we aren't going to get that from the current people trying to push a tax on life disguised as planet saving.

make no mistake a cap and trade or carbon taxing system of any kind will in effect be a tax on life.

Lets say they pass all the cap and trade legislation they want, and after 50 years we find the CO2 is no longer a factor. Say at that time we have abundant alternative energy sources and we found ways to get by with no fossil fuels and we can stop methane from the livestock somehow. And all is as pristine as it was prior to the Industrial revolution...

Do you think they will then relinquish their cash cow? Do you honestly think that after decades and billions upon billions have been made, fortunes won and traded over their cap and trade carbon trade markets like CCX, they will suddenly say "okay its all better now we stop the carbon taxing"....

Yeah sure they will give it up.... Sure...

Last edited:

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
Reaction score
New forms of Energy, Relying on our own resources, Finding and using new forms of Eco Friendly Products is Conservatism..

Sadly, the Left prefers to use fear and Fraudulent data to prove a False point.

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm all for environmentalism, as long as those participating in the practice do so by managing their own piece of the environment.

I have so little faith in humans I believe my neighbors wouldn't pay to be hooked up to the sewage system if local big government didn't force it on them.

antagon

The Man
Reaction score
Of course, your lack of faith in humans doesn't extend to environmentalist wackos, does it?
Maybe your idea that everyone will be better off without any leadership is wacko enough.:doubt:

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
"Leadership" is overrated. By many accounts, today's "leaders" have enough problems running their own lives.

Still the comment stands in pointing the PANGie (People Are No Good) mindset. "People", that is, except for the person speaking and those who think and believe as do they.

antagon

The Man
Reaction score
:rolleyes:so environmental anarchy will improve the environment.:thup:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List