Conservative Case for Environmentalism

I'm all for environmentalism. Through personal beliefs and efforts. I just don't want a large government with armed men enforcing it.

Have all the electric cars you want.. or hydrogen fuel cell cars.. or manual powered cars... or hamster treadmill cars... or solar cars.. or whatever else.... I'm all for it... I am NOT for FORCING anyone to abandon they type of car they want or need though

REal conservatism has ALWAYS been about CONSERVING.

That might explain why the first conservation minded POTUS was a REPUBLICAN.

History...unless you know it, you don't understand the world you live in.

Environmentalism Is a great thing.... But the reality is we aren't going to get that from the current people trying to push a tax on life disguised as planet saving.

make no mistake a cap and trade or carbon taxing system of any kind will in effect be a tax on life.

Lets say they pass all the cap and trade legislation they want, and after 50 years we find the CO2 is no longer a factor. Say at that time we have abundant alternative energy sources and we found ways to get by with no fossil fuels and we can stop methane from the livestock somehow. And all is as pristine as it was prior to the Industrial revolution...

Do you think they will then relinquish their cash cow? Do you honestly think that after decades and billions upon billions have been made, fortunes won and traded over their cap and trade carbon trade markets like CCX, they will suddenly say "okay its all better now we stop the carbon taxing"....

Yeah sure they will give it up.... Sure...

Last edited:
New forms of Energy, Relying on our own resources, Finding and using new forms of Eco Friendly Products is Conservatism..

Sadly, the Left prefers to use fear and Fraudulent data to prove a False point.

I'm all for environmentalism, as long as those participating in the practice do so by managing their own piece of the environment.

I have so little faith in humans I believe my neighbors wouldn't pay to be hooked up to the sewage system if local big government didn't force it on them.

"Leadership" is overrated. By many accounts, today's "leaders" have enough problems running their own lives.

Still the comment stands in pointing the PANGie (People Are No Good) mindset. "People", that is, except for the person speaking and those who think and believe as do they.

Forum List

Back