Conservative attitudes to history.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The response of our disgusting government to this piece of research is quite instructive. Put simply you rely on public money and should not publish research that this conservative government does not approve of. The dopey fucker who runs the ministry actually states that.

'As set out in your Management Agreements, I would expect Arm's Length Bodies' approach to issues of contested heritage to be consistent with the Government's position. "

In normal times this would be recognised for what it is - fascism. However, in the age of trump and johnson it does not raise an eyebrow. However to gauge the brain dead state of tory thought I would invite my USMB friends to scroll down to the readers comments.

Its true that the popular nickname for the Mail is the Daily Heil but it is a recognised paper and a good indicator of current conservative thinking.

I understand the comfort in that. But on a basic level it is just not true. It isnt history its xenophobia. On a more sinister level it is a template for promoting hate and division. All populist liars love to wrap themselves up in the flag.

This is the first offering.

I don't give a flying fuck what someone did 300 years ago, it's so irrelevant.

Indeed. Why would a body called "Historic England" delve into things that happened a few hundred years ago ? Why would Historic England be interested in the past FFS ?

And so the comments go on, increasing in idiocy.

Incidentally, the same class of imbecile who didnt give a flying fuck is exactly the same loser who glories in the stories of Agincourt, Waterloo and Empire History is great if its "our" history and approved by white nationalist authoritarians.

It is a bad thing.

The response of our disgusting government to this piece of research is quite instructive. Put simply you rely on public money and should not publish research that this conservative government does not approve of. The dopey fucker who runs the ministry actually states that.

'As set out in your Management Agreements, I would expect Arm's Length Bodies' approach to issues of contested heritage to be consistent with the Government's position. "

In normal times this would be recognised for what it is - fascism. However, in the age of trump and johnson it does not raise an eyebrow. However to gauge the brain dead state of tory thought I would invite my USMB friends to scroll down to the readers comments.

Its true that the popular nickname for the Mail is the Daily Heil but it is a recognised paper and a good indicator of current conservative thinking.

I understand the comfort in that. But on a basic level it is just not true. It isnt history its xenophobia. On a more sinister level it is a template for promoting hate and division. All populist liars love to wrap themselves up in the flag.

Indeed. Why would a body called "Historic England" delve into things that happened a few hundred years ago ? Why would Historic England be interested in the past FFS ?

Incidentally, the same class of imbecile who didnt give a flying fuck is exactly the same loser who glories in the stories of Agincourt, Waterloo and Empire History is great if its "our" history and approved by white nationalist authoritarians.

It is a bad thing.

Nice hissy fit Tammy.

Need tissues?

It is a bad thing.

Nice hissy fit Tammy.

Need tissues?
You see Jimmy, I suspect that you are one of the ignorant underclass who likes his history lessons to fit on a bumper sticker. Apologies if you can cope with more than that old chap.

It is a bad thing.

Nice hissy fit Tammy.

Need tissues?
You see Jimmy, I suspect that you are one of the ignorant underclass who likes his history lessons to fit on a bumper sticker. Apologies if you can cope with more than that old chap.

You suspect wrong you elitist twink.

Brag about your education darling?

You sound mad that I lit up your thread hunny.

First reply post you get owned.

It is a bad thing.
sure---whites EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hashahahhahahahahahahahahahha

It is a bad thing.

Nice hissy fit Tammy.

Need tissues?
....you, obviously, are the ignorant one

It is a bad thing.
..the whites made Britain great and America--facts .....

It is a bad thing.
When were either of those places great ?

This is a perfect example of an individual being fed a doctored version of history. Thanks for making my point.

It is a bad thing.

This is a perfect example of an individual being fed a doctored version of history. Thanks for making my point.
you ARE ignorant of history and out of your mind

It is a bad thing.

you ARE ignorant of history and out of your mind
Ya,boo, sucks is an accurate indicator of the level you operate on. It underlines the accuracy of the OP.
Approved history still reflects the need for the BLM movement.

It is a bad thing.
No mention of the Arabic traders and African tribesmen who captured and sold the slaves, because in your world its all the white mans fault.

It is a bad thing.
No mention of the Arabic traders and African tribesmen who captured and sold the slaves, because in your world its all the white mans fault.
Well I have no evidence that Arabic traders built any churches or colleges in the UK. Perhaps you could point me to some ?

Im only joking mate. You carry on scratching your arse and sniffing your fingers. You have once again illustrated the depth of learning in right wing history circles.

It is a bad thing.

The purpose of an agency paid for by the taxpayers to promote the country and its people- not to tear it down. If particular researchers are so interested in ripping down the people of Britain (or any other country), they should seek funding from the nation's traditional enemies. Spain traditionally hates the UK, no? Aren't they still pissed about England's leader Hank, dumping Cathy of Aragon back in the day?

Tell the researchers to go to Madrid to find their funding, although Britain has other traditional enemies if Spain doesn't want to pony up.

It is a bad thing.

It is a bad thing.
Well I have no evidence that Arabic traders built any churches or colleges in the UK. Perhaps you could point me to some ?

Im only joking mate. You carry on scratching your arse and sniffing your fingers. You have once again illustrated the depth of learning in right wing history circles.

It is a bad thing.
If Africans were capturing other Africans to enslave them, and Arabs were selling those Africans, it stands to reason that it was Good, Moral and Jesus Approved that White Christians buy those Slaves.

It is a bad thing.

The purpose of an agency paid for by the taxpayers to promote the country and its people- not to tear it down. If particular researchers are so interested in ripping down the people of Britain (or any other country), they should seek funding from the nation's traditional enemies. Spain traditionally hates the UK, no? Aren't they still pissed about England's leader Hank, dumping Cathy of Aragon back in the day?

Tell the researchers to go to Madrid to find their funding, although Britain has other traditional enemies if Spain doesn't want to pony up.
No , you are describing a Ministry of Propaganda. We are not best served by following a narrative that states that everything is all right and always has been. It breeds arrogance and delusions of white supremacy that are so damaging to our society.

But thank you for your contribution. It is an excellent illustration of the conservative approach to history.

Forum List

Back