Conservatism in action - Judges cant give jail time to criminals because jails are full.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Examples of criminals given suspended sentences because of prison conditions include an inmate who poured boiling water over a prison guard and had his six-month custodial sentence quashed; a drug dealer who was told by a judge it was due to “the current state of prisons and the overcrowding”; and a drug driver without a licence who led police on a high-speed chase.

Well that certainly makes me feel safer. Like every other aspect of life in Btitain the criminal justice system has fallen apart. The prison population is forecast to grow if they ever get around to clearing the backlog of cases.

Where the guilty will be sent to is anyones guess. The US and Australia are non starters and our existiing jails are already deemed not fit for purpose. Perhaps the tories will substitute harsh words for prison time ? Who can say ?

Rehabilitation seems a ong way down the list of priotities.

Last edited:

Examples of criminals given suspended sentences because of prison conditions include an inmate who poured boiling water over a prison guard and had his six-month custodial sentence quashed; a drug dealer who was told by a judge it was due to “the current state of prisons and the overcrowding”; and a drug driver without a licence who led police on a high-speed chase.

Well that certainly makes me feel safer. Like every other aspect of life in Btitain the criminal justice system has fallen apart. The prison population is forecast to grow if they ever get around to clearing the backlog of cases.

Where the guilty will be sent to is anyones guess. The US and Australia are non starters and our existiing jails are already deemed not fit for purpose. Perhaps the tories will substitute harsh words for prison time ? Wgo can say ?

Send them to Rwanda.

In the past when this happened we doubled the count of prisoners in a cell as we built more prisons... the answer to overcrowding is not to just release dangerous people onto society... That's just stupid....

America isn't far behind. Sometimes one officer is responsible for 200 inmates. It's reaching a breaking point.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio had the solution

Stop coddling criminals with air conditioning and exercise rooms

Set up less expensive tent cities that give more for our money

The solution to the prison population is to allow US manufacturers to build prisons and use slave labor to build their products.
Oh, and mass graves for child molesters, druggies, rapist, murderers and politicians.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio had the solution

Stop coddling criminals with air conditioning and exercise rooms

Set up less expensive tent cities that give more for our money
Did Joe ever do work as a correctional officer? I sure wouldn't want to work in a place like that. The inmates being more desperate and dangerous would be only one reason why.

We try to take our 8th amendment rights seriously in this country.

In the past when this happened we doubled the count of prisoners in a cell as we built more prisons... the answer to overcrowding is not to just release dangerous people onto society... That's just stupid....
Who will you find to work those facilities? LEO is hated by our culture now, especially correctional officers. The prisons we have now are already heavily understaffed. You'd have to raise our base pay to 100k to fill all those spots.

Where the guilty will be sent to is anyones guess. The US and Australia are non starters and our existiing jails are already deemed not fit for purpose. Perhaps the tories will substitute harsh words for prison time ? Who can say ?

I was just reading where it all started from -

And 27% of todays prison population are foreign nationals, you know, those immigrants that Corbynites like you love and embrace, and you're not happy? You need to calm down small guy.

The solution to the prison population is to allow US manufacturers to build prisons and use slave labor to build their products.
Oh, and mass graves for child molesters, druggies, rapist, murderers and politicians.

TNHarley, did I say something funny? lol.. I assure you, I'm dead serious about using slave labor from prisoners.
US manufacturers can pay the state, making prisons 100% tax free for the tax payers.
Of course there should be oversight, to make sure prisoners aren't being worked more than say 12hr shifts. And that their medical needs are taken care of. And that they're fed.
But the company can still pay for all that.

Imagine prisons in the US that doesn't cost the tax payers a dime.

I think one stipulation should be that companies can only produce things that the US doesn't produce anymore. Or at least don't produce a lot of. We don't want them competing with other American companies.

TNHarley, did I say something funny? lol.. I assure you, I'm dead serious about using slave labor from prisoners.
US manufacturers can pay the state, making prisons 100% tax free for the tax payers.
Of course there should be oversight, to make sure prisoners aren't being worked more than say 12hr shifts. And that their medical needs are taken care of. And that they're fed.

I think one stipulation should be that companies can only produce things that the US doesn't produce anymore. Or at least don't produce a lot of. We don't want them competing with other American companies.
We already work the shit out of inmates for free dude. Almost all of them where I work make no money at all. The inmates that run the staff canteen make 50 dollars a month.

You're underestimating the cost, and in particular probably the medical costs. We spend a huge amount of tax dollars on inmate medical care. Think about the inmates laid up in the ICU and how much that's costing the state.

Prisons are already underfunded. And understaffed. To make more prisons and adequately staff them would require a gargantuan amount of money.

Mass graves for people that want to light up a joint is one of the most tyrannical things I have ever heard in my life.
Its a fucking FLOWER man.

Mass graves for people that want to light up a joint is one of the most tyrannical things I have ever heard in my life.
Its a fucking FLOWER man.
Even other drugs. If somebody is only really doing damage to themselves then I think it's ridiculous to take their freedoms away and treat them like criminals.

Did Joe ever do work as a correctional officer? I sure wouldn't want to work in a place like that. The inmates being more desperate and dangerous would be only one reason why.

We try to take our 8th amendment rights seriously in this country.
People who rob , steal, rape and murder do not deserve the same pristine rights that everyone else had

The idiot judges forget that

Forum List

Back