Conservatism And The Republican Party

Journalism - reporting and opinion. Reporting should be as objective as possible. Opinion pieces are just that, opinion. That doesn't mean they are going to totally objective, that's the whole point of an editorial piece, to express a subjective view but not to lie or distort facts.

This piece doesn't pretend to be straight reportage. It's an opinion piece.

How many falsehoods there?

Oh - is that to be the benchmark for journalistic integrity, then? "My partisan hit piece - masquerading as journalism - didn't contain any outright, provable lies"???!!! That requires more energy than I wish to expend, Diuretic. An article that has to be that cute is suspect right out of the gate, for my money.

Oh - is that to be the benchmark for journalistic integrity, then? "My partisan hit piece - masquerading as journalism - didn't contain any outright, provable lies"???!!! That requires more energy than I wish to expend, Diuretic. An article that has to be that cute is suspect right out of the gate, for my money.

Okay I followed up to make it easier for you.

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face, after the article YOU posted.

Both sides never hurt, If conservatives are tired of being bashed, then refrain from bashing the left. tit for tat.

Between Fox News, the Internet, and talk radio, Americans are better and more objectively informed than ever in history.

Doesnt mean they have the time the will or the patience to hunt down the news in order to be properly informed.

Too bloody right, my friend - freedom from the thirty-year MSM/DNC monopoly on the dissemination of infromation. And, we're better for it.

Like you said yourself, FoxNews, Internet and Talk Radio, we're better for it.
It just becomes harder to filter through the opinions, which are rempant in all sectors.

Is that what you think of me? Am I a mindless little robot, waiting, with a blank stare on my face, for my daily marching orders from Rush Limbaugh and Fox News?

I never called you anything directly.
If you are well informed, then you will have a healthy opinion and be able to discern the news in a neutral manner. and also be able to discuss things knowing which side they fall on, be it left or right. and not get too upset about it.

Please think about your answer to my next question, Superlative - and answer me honestly. This is important.

What SHOULD drive the news?

Its pretty obvious.

The truth. Good luck getting it though, especially with everyone yelling how unbalanced and biased it is.

Okay I followed up to make it easier for you.

No need to get all teste with me, Diuretic. If we can agree that it's a nakedly partisan attack piece - and should be given precisely that degree of weight - I'm fine with it. That's all I was saying to begin with.

No need to get all teste with me, Diuretic. If we can agree that it's a nakedly partisan attack piece - and should be given precisely that degree of weight - I'm fine with it. That's all I was saying to begin with.

Not testy at all, just letting you know I'd already posted another comment when I read yours so it was out of whack. An attack piece? Yes. I would be a bloody idiot to deny that. But having said that I think it's rather well written and pretty restrained.

Aside from that, what do you think of its thesis?

So any article against Global Warming, or promiting Pro Life, or showing protests against gay marriage, arent journalism?

they should essentially show both sides in EVERY article.

but they arent, they cant and they wont.

what you will find is one or the other.

Opinion cant be proven wrong, thats why it is applied so readily now adays.

You dislike Liberal editorials, but im sure I could search through RSR's posts and find a few things just as conservative, that most people disagree with.

What is your point exactly?

You hate liberal media?

You dont have the energy and are not willing to read somethings to get news, but you will read others?

How do you know its liberal or conservative until you start reading it?

and at which point do you stop and say this is biased?

Or do you just read the articles you agree with, and get angry when other people post and read the rest?

Not testy at all, just letting you know I'd already posted another comment when I read yours so it was out of whack. An attack piece? Yes. I would be a bloody idiot to deny that. But having said that I think it's rather well written and pretty restrained.

Aside from that, what do you think of its thesis?

It's garbage. It's poisoned at its root. Any semblance of a reasonable point is immediately lost in its viciousness, and the painful obviousness of its adherence to a specific political agenda. It is always a mistake to play this kind of cute game with reportage; people aren't stupid. They tune out (the more wide-awake ones, anyway) as soon as they sense that they're being played.

So any article against Global Warming, or promiting Pro Life, or showing protests against gay marriage, arent journalism?

they should essentially show both sides in EVERY article.

but they arent, they cant and they wont.

what you will find is one or the other.

Opinion cant be proven wrong, thats why it is applied so readily now adays.

You dislike Liberal editorials, but im sure I could search through RSR's posts and find a few things just as conservative, that most people disagree with.

What is your point exactly?

You hate liberal media?

You dont have the energy and are not willing to read somethings to get news, but you will read others?

How do you know its liberal or conservative until you start reading it?

and at which point do you stop and say this is biased?

Or do you just read the articles you agree with, and get angry when other people post and read the rest?

Settle down, Beavis. All I'm saying is that the article you posted is a nakedly partisan anti-conservative hit piece, and should be given precisely that much weight. Do you deny it?

It's garbage. It's poisoned at its root. Any semblance of a reasonable point is immediately lost in its viciousness, and the painful obviousness of its adherence to a specific political agenda. It is always a mistake to play this kind of cute game with reportage; people aren't stupid. They tune out (the more wide-awake ones, anyway) as soon as they sense that they're being played.

You think it's garbage because you don't like its message. The message is - I'm not telling you this to inform you because you know what the message is - this is just for effect - the message is that radicals have taken over the GOP and trashed the concept of political conservatism. You might not like the message so you denigrate the way it's put. But any reasonable person is going to get a lot out of that article.

Settle down, Beavis. All I'm saying is that the article you posted is a nakedly partisan anti-conservative hit piece, and should be given precisely that much weight. Do you deny it?

No, I dont deny it.

Next time I will post a Disclaimer.

You think it's garbage because you don't like its message. The message is - I'm not telling you this to inform you because you know what the message is - this is just for effect - the message is that radicals have taken over the GOP and trashed the concept of political conservatism. You might not like the message so you denigrate the way it's put. But any reasonable person is going to get a lot out of that article.

Theyre going to get alot out of it, and Any conservative is going to yell and scream that its liberal propaganda.

Unless of course it Conservative propaganda.

Theyre going to get alot out of it, and Any conservative is going to yell and scream that its liberal propaganda.

Which immediately validates it. I don't think they get it. After years of right wing propaganda on mainstream media - I 'm thinking Fox and Clear Channel and of course the shock jock exploding mouths on radio - it's all looking a bit tatty. Suddenly people are waking up to the con job. Mind you they should have got it years ago. I used to piss myself laughing at that whacko Liddy banging on about his radio show from "Occupied Washington DC" when Clinton was in the White House. Fucking certifiable that bloke but they gave him a microphone and air time. I remember the remarks about going for the heads of federal agents because they wore ballistic vests. Sociopath radio.

But, now you're saying I'm unreasonable. All I'm saying is that any useful message the article may contain is obliterated by its terminal cuteness. You and I have discussed this before, I think, Diuretic. You simply cannot appreciate the vicious and all-encompassing nature of liberalism's domination over the dissemination of information in this country in the last century. I, on the other hand, am quite sensitive to it. If a journalist wishes to convey a "message" to me, he'd better just talk straight.

The message is the message is that radicals have taken over the GOP and trashed the concept of political conservatism.

...any reasonable person is going to get a lot out of that article.

Any reasonable and intellectually honest, true conservative Republican already knows this. It is shameful and the main reason I'm considering a change of party (not Democratic). Those of who are honest about the state of the party certainly are growing tired of liberals shouting it from the rafters.

Which immediately validates it. I don't think they get it. After years of right wing propaganda on mainstream media - I 'm thinking Fox and Clear Channel and of course the shock jock exploding mouths on radio - it's all looking a bit tatty. Suddenly people are waking up to the con job. Mind you they should have got it years ago. I used to piss myself laughing at that whacko Liddy banging on about his radio show from "Occupied Washington DC" when Clinton was in the White House. Fucking certifiable that bloke but they gave him a microphone and air time. I remember the remarks about going for the heads of federal agents because they wore ballistic vests. Sociopath radio.

Its amusing that all truth has 2 sides.

A liberal side and a conservative side.

Neither is actually right or wrong, its a matter of opinion.

The only issues that are black and white, right and wrong, are the ones everyone agrees on, even that is a gray area most times.

Any reasonable and intellectually honest, true conservative Republican already knows this. It is shameful and the main reason I'm considering a change of party (not Democratic). Those of who are honest about the state of the party certainly are growing tired of liberals shouting it from the rafters.

I think Libs have felt a little beat down over the past few years and when the giant looks like he is falling, they throw a couple rocks.

Can you blame them? They want to be big and make the same mistakes the Conservatives make.

Give them a chance.

Forum List

Back