Cons/Repubs: I don't expect you to like Obama overall, but don't you think it is...

I ask one simple question and can't even get an answer. If you ever wonder why it is no one takes you seriously, there's your answer. I will try again however.

Once again; What specific segment of the economy was the trigger for the financial collapse?

:eusa_whistle:

I made it clear to you specifically how Bush's policies and decisions contribute to the financial crisis. That is the entire point.

What you have made abundantly clear is that you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just here to espouse that which you think you know without regard for the truth. You are willingly obtuse b/c you know that you have no argument against the true events as they transpired. Now you can either let me help you or you can continue to believe and spread lies that are relatively simple to disprove; I say 'relatively' b/c it requires on your part only an open mind, which you have shown no proof of.

One more time.

What specific segment of the economy was the trigger for the financial collapse?

If everything I am saying can be so easily disproven, why haven't you done it yet?

Why should I answer that question? There are at least a dozen factors that contributed to the financial crisis. Why should I write you a fucking essay on it? You haven't provided any facts of your own and you expect me to indulge you? Get real.

I made it clear to you specifically how Bush's policies and decisions contribute to the financial crisis. That is the entire point.

What you have made abundantly clear is that you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just here to espouse that which you think you know without regard for the truth. You are willingly obtuse b/c you know that you have no argument against the true events as they transpired. Now you can either let me help you or you can continue to believe and spread lies that are relatively simple to disprove; I say 'relatively' b/c it requires on your part only an open mind, which you have shown no proof of.

One more time.

What specific segment of the economy was the trigger for the financial collapse?

If everything I am saying can be so easily disproven, why haven't you done it yet?

Why should I answer that question? There are at least a dozen factors that contributed to the financial crisis. Why should I write you a fucking essay on it? You haven't provided any facts of your own and you expect me to indulge you? Get real.

You get real. If anything you said was actually true, why isn't it true yet?

Why are you dodging, Billy? You first began blaming Bush for the financial crisis, then here you claim that "a dozen" factors contributed to it. You have some explaining to do.

One more time.

Why are you dodging, Billy? You first began blaming Bush for the financial crisis, then here you claim that "a dozen" factors contributed to it. You have some explaining to do.

Yes how can I forget your poor reading comprehension skills, TK? I said that Bush CONTRIBUTED to it. I never said he was solely responsible.

Yes how can I forget your poor reading comprehension skills, TK? I said that Bush CONTRIBUTED to it. I never said he was solely responsible.

My reading comprehension skills are just fine. You on the other hand, can't even read your own posts:

Okay explain why it's not? The financial crisis happened on his watch. He deserves blame and you know it. If it happened during Obama's years you wouldn't stop bitching about it and you know it. Instead, Obama's stimulus saved the economy.

You are too fucking immature to admit that it was Bush that fucked this country over.

:lmao:

Last edited:

My reading comprehension skills are just fine. You on the other hand, can't even read your own posts:

You are too fucking immature to admit that it was Bush that fucked this country over.

Umm I am failing to see how what you quoted contradicts what I am saying.

You first were blaming Bush directly, now you're downplaying his role in the economic meltdown, saying he "contributed." I'm simply revealing your contradictions for all to see. Learn how to utilize the English language properly before making further assertions, Billy. You aren't helping yourself.

Next!

You first were blaming Bush directly, now you're downplaying his role in the economic meltdown, saying he "contributed." I'm simply revealing your contradictions for all to see. Learn how to utilize the English language properly before making further assertions, Billy. You aren't helping yourself.

Next!

Lol I can blame Bush directly and still say he contributed.

You try so hard, TK, but you never really do get anywhere do you?

Next!

You're self flagellating. I don't need to try hard with you, Billy. You make it easy. I get a lot further by telling the truth and assigning blame where it belongs than lying about it.

You cannot blame Bush directly and then say he merely "contributed to it" I mean you did blame him, then said that "a dozen other factors contributed to the collapse" if I'm not mistaken. If you don't believe me, go back and read your own posts.

Next!

You're self flagellating. I don't need to try hard with you, Billy. You make it easy. I get a lot further by telling the truth and assigning blame where it belongs than lying about it.

You cannot blame Bush directly and then say he merely "contributed to it" I mean you did blame him, then said that "a dozen other factors contributed to the collapse" if I'm not mistaken. If you don't believe me, go back and read your own posts.

Are you done yet?

1) He appointed a bi-partisan cabinet. When you start out with a complete and utter lie....

2) He gave the order to raid bin Laden's compound. Aaannnddd?

3) He extended the Bush tax cuts and is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. taxes are up

4) 2.5x more private sector jobs have been created in his 5 years than all of Bush's 8. and yet somehow, Bush ue was ~ 5% and obamas ue hasn't fallen below 7%, even with a the numbers tinkering.

this is why obama gets no credit, liars like you give him credit when no credit is due

1) He appointed a bi-partisan cabinet. When you start out with a complete and utter lie....

3) He extended the Bush tax cuts and is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. taxes are up

4) 2.5x more private sector jobs have been created in his 5 years than all of Bush's 8. and yet somehow, Bush ue was ~ 5% and obamas ue hasn't fallen below 7%, even with a the numbers tinkering.

this is why obama gets no credit, liars like you give him credit when no credit is due

1) I confused this issue with his budget commission. I already admitted my mistake. However there is no denying he hired Robert Gates for his cabinet.

2) The intel on who exactly was in the compound was divided. Obama could have embarrassed himself and the country if he had been wrong. Obviously Pakistan would have been more upset by the unsanctioned offensive on their soil. It was a ballsy order and you know it.

3) is that all you're going to say? Really? Revenue is still quite low as a percentage of the GDP.

4) Why am I not surprised you minimized this achievement? The lower unemployment rate under Bush is a moot point for two reasons:

A) job growth under Bush was pathetic.

B) The 2008 crisis happened under his watch. We lost millions of jobs in his final months and millions more in Obama's first few months. It wasn't until the stimulus took effect that that massive job loss rate turned to job growth.

Last edited:
funny how we couldn't see a picture of a dead Bin Laden but Obamacult can spike this head a million times and howl, Obama KILLED BIN LADEN

same ole same ole different day

1) I confused this issue with his budget commission. I already admitted my mistake. However there is no denying he hired Robert Gates for his cabinet.

2) The intel on who exactly was in the compound was divided. Obama could have embarrassed himself and the country if he had been wrong. Obviously Pakistan would have been more upset by the unsanctioned offensive on their soil. It was a ballsy order and you know it.

3) is that all you're going to say? Really? Revenue is still quite low as a percentage of the GDP.

4) Why am I not surprised you minimized this achievement? The lower unemployment rate under Bush is a moot point for two reasons:

A) job growth under Bush was pathetic.

B) The 2008 crisis happened under his watch. We lost millions of jobs in his final months and millions more in Obama's first few months. It wasn't until the stimulus took effect that that massive job loss rate turned to job growth.

2) horseshit. Pak is a country that wants money, they would have waved their arms about until payday.

3) taxes are up, you know they are up, there's so much digging I'd have to do...

A) his UE was 5%, so clearly job growth wasn't all that needed, since there were plenty of jobs.

B) the 2008 crisis was caused by the housing bubble that was created by Clinton. You do know that, right?

There are rubes who think I am some kind of Obama worshipper, so I hope it does not cause any heart attacks when I critique some of your points, Billy.l

...kind of ridiculous you won't give him credit for ANYTHING positive?

1) He appointed a bi-partisan cabinet.

Okay, a good point. And I actually liked Jon Huntsman. I would have voted for him if he was the GOP candidate for Prez.

2) He gave the order to raid bin Laden's compound.

Yep. He definitely gets kudos for that. I say that as a vet, and I don't give a flying fuck what the foaming chickenhawks have to say about it.

3) He extended the Bush tax cuts and is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan.

Here is where you get into a little trouble. Obama tried and tried and tried to end the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and he eventually succeeded. It is only through his sheer incompetence they weren't ended sooner.

4) 2.5x more private sector jobs have been created in his 5 years than all of Bush's 8.

The plunge in the labor force participation rate which began in 2001 continues unabated.

And burger flipping jobs are nothing to brag about.

I mean my god, you can dislike a president overall and still give him credit for the things he has done right.

Domestically, Obama is an unmitigated disaster. Sorry. That's just the way I feel.

I can tell you two things he has done right, and if a Republican President had done them, the Right would be crowing and crowing and crowing about it.

First, Syria. His threat to bomb Syria brought Assad to the table. Chemical weapons are now being removed from Syria and that would never have happened if Obama did not try to bomb Syria. And since Syria is a client state of Iran, it also shook up Iran. No matter how you slice it, the removal of any amount of chemical weapons from Syria is a fantastic accomplishment.

Second, Iran. Obama has done everything right. He kept up the sanction pressure, and exploited every possible diplomatic angle. Without saying it outright, it has been made plain that when the US feels all diplomatic options are exhausted, we are going to exercise military options. And Obama's bombing threat toward Syria put an exclamation point behind that.

Last edited:

One more time.

Where, in any post of mine, did I ask you to 'write an essay?' All I've done so far is ask you ONE. SIMPLE. QUESTION that you have chosen to NOT ANSWER. I realize that there were many factors that contributed to the financial crisis, however, I'm attempting to whittle it down to the basic factors. Why you're getting defensive is beyond me, I assume it's b/c instead of discovering for yourself what the truth is, you would rather sit in your ivory tower yelling 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!'

This is Billy NOT blaming Bush, stating only that he 'contributed.'

:lol:

Perhaps saying it again will make it correct...

Impeach the Kenyan !

100131-sotu.jpg

lm507b1410.jpg

There are rubes who think I am some kind of Obama worshipper, so I hope it does not cause any heart attacks when I critique some of your points, Billy.l

...kind of ridiculous you won't give him credit for ANYTHING positive?

1) He appointed a bi-partisan cabinet.

Okay, a good point. And I actually liked Jon Huntsman. I would have voted for him if he was the GOP candidate for Prez.

2) He gave the order to raid bin Laden's compound.

Yep. He definitely gets kudos for that. I say that as a vet, and I don't give a flying fuck what the foaming chickenhawks have to say about it.

Here is where you get into a little trouble. Obama tried and tried and tried to end the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and he eventually succeeded. It is only through his sheer incompetence they weren't ended sooner.

4) 2.5x more private sector jobs have been created in his 5 years than all of Bush's 8.

The plunge in the labor force participation rate which began in 2001 continues unabated.

And burger flipping jobs are nothing to brag about.

I mean my god, you can dislike a president overall and still give him credit for the things he has done right.

Domestically, Obama is an unmitigated disaster. Sorry. That's just the way I feel.

I can tell you two things he has done right, and if a Republican President had done them, the Right would be crowing and crowing and crowing about it.

First, Syria. His threat to bomb Syria brought Assad to the table. Chemical weapons are now being removed from Syria and that would never have happened if Obama did not try to bomb Syria. And since Syria is a client state of Iran, it also shook up Iran. No matter how you slice it, the removal of any amount of chemical weapons from Syria is a fantastic accomplishment.

Second, Iran. Obama has done everything right. He kept up the sanction pressure, and exploited every possible diplomatic angle. Without saying it outright, it has been made plain that when the US feels all diplomatic options are exhausted, we are going to exercise military options. And Obama's bombing threat toward Syria put an exclamation point behind that.

Ah, finally a good answer! However, I do disagree on a few points.

1) the tax cuts for the wealthy needed to end. They were costly and ineffective. They greatly contributed to our national debt and the job growth from it was pitiful. 4.6 jobs every million dollar debt.

2) I find it very odd you wouldn't commend Obama on his jobs record. Seriously do some no bullshit research on the success of his stimulus package. It is the reason we are in a recovery. It saved us from another Great Depression. It's astonishing there isn't more light shed on this. Yeah too many part time jobs, but had his stimulus been bigger like intended, we would have more full time jobs. Demand side economics is the key to this economy's success.

3) I was divided on his intent on Syria. I wanted to know exactly what he was planning. He never gave any details. A timetable would have been great at the least. If he would have given this info, he probably would have had more support from both sides of the aisle.

Forum List

Back