Congressional Study: Murder Rate Plummets as Gun Ownership Soars

According to this, its 19%.
Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why do you need to lie to make a point?
Why do you assume people are lying instead of making an error?
Because the information is only a few keystrokes away for anyone to see, and the information is laid out plainly and clearly - so much so that an "error" is at best unlikely, and if it does not denote dsihonesty, then incompetence.

One can only assume it's because YOU must be a liar yourself.
Non sequitur. Fail.

Forget the movie, but it was about one of the old-time gangsters who tries to emmigrate to Israel. While visiting there he'd remarked (in the movie at least) "Everyone's very polite because everyone has a gun." It's worth considering how in the Old West this was also true as most every man carried, or had ready-access to a firearm. Whereas today people don't seem to care as much because what few gun carrying people there are, they carry concealed. If the point is to reduce crime, open-carry should be the law of the land.

Though I don't any more, I used to own a pistol and carried on the job working security. I don't want to be in that head-space again, but am forced to conceed if someone breaks in when I'm at home, I'm going to grab an improvised weapon. And ideally, I'd have another pistol. Can outlaw every new firearm sale overnight and still not effect gun violence in the US (except the nearly 50% of gun deaths being accidental shootings.) But gun laws and bans only effect law-abiding citizens, not criminals. And if a criminal with a firearm starts shooting at you, the best way to stop that behaviour is by shooting back.

Forum List

Back