Congressional Study: Murder Rate Plummets as Gun Ownership Soars

homicide-rates-for-similar-gdp1.jpg

Lol, that is a classic case of data manipulation. You fish around till you have something that fits your claims then go with it.

Why in the hell should GDP/capita have ANYHTING AT ALL to do with homicide rates? lolol

And why that particular group? Where is Russia? Or Mexico? Or the Virgin Islands which is close to the US and the UK in GDP/capita, but it's murder rate is twice that of the USA.
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, that's right. It's because they appear to support your claims...

And the US homicide rate per 100k is not but 4.7, not 6,000+ dumbass. List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That number from your chart is a pure stupidly bad lie.

Using statistics in such a dishonest way is nothing more than lying via statistical data manipulation. But that chart used by you in this topic is about as stupid a lie as I have ever seen, roflmao.

There are liars, damned liars and then stupid ass liars like rightwinger, probably the stupidest liar on these boards besides JoeBitch.

The NRA is taking credit for leading the efforts to keep gun grabbing fascists from stealing our guns, as they would like to do.

But Russia is not in a civil war nor is it fighting a drug war, and yet, despite draconian gun controls, they have high intentional homicide rates.

Switzerland has laws mandating assault rifle ownership and its murder rates are low compared to any other country in Europe.

The US by global standards ahs low rates and high gun ownership rates. If the US data omitted cities controlled by Dimbocrats, our rates would be even better than Switzerlands.

So the fascist gun grabbing rhetoric is false and easily seen s such.

Your misleading map fails to show that Europe has a murder rate one third of our own and much stricter gun laws. The US has a low murder rate only when compared to third world nations

Russia suffers from mob violence fighting for control

You have failed miserably to show any connection between more guns and less crime

Europe also doesn't have the huge percentage of minorities that the US does, but hey lets ignore those little facts, after all, we all know race never place a factor in these things. It's easier to just claim that their gun restrictions are responsible for their lower crime rates. While we're at it lets ignore Switzerland, because they don't have strict gun control yet have low murder rates.

The key to understanding the problems some ethnicities have with high crime rates is not their race. Blacks have different ethnicities among them here in the USA though most people talk about Southern blacks (to include those who immigrated elsewhere in the country) but there are also blacks from the UK and the Carribean who do not have nearly the crime rates that ethnic Southern blacks have.

The key seems to be which black ethnicities were in the US when the Great Society programs started. Those that came much after that are relatively lower in crime rates.

The greater the dependence on federal welfare, the greater the drug addiction and trafficking and the greater the crime rate across the board.

A short time on welfare is not a bad thing, if one is working to get off the dole one can still have some self image of integrity and pride in one's ability to provide for themselves. It is increasingly more difficult to maintain that feeling of confidence if you have spent years and years on welfare, or your whole life or even your family has been on welfare for multiple generations.

Welfare caste ethnic groups are the issue as to who is most involved in violent crime, and the second key point is what party controls the city politics. If the city has a Dimbocrat city machine in control along with a sizeable welfare community, then their crime will tend to be out the roof.

If you look at US crime stats minus cities controlled by the Dimbocrat party, crime rates here would be far better than even in Europe.

Last edited:

Lol, that is a classic case of data manipulation. You fish around till you have something that fits your claims then go with it.

Why in the hell should GDP/capita have ANYHTING AT ALL to do with homicide rates? lolol

And why that particular group? Where is Russia? Or Mexico? Or the Virgin Islands which is close to the US and the UK in GDP/capita, but it's murder rate is twice that of the USA.
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the US homicide rate per 100k is not but 4.7, not 6,000+ dumbass. List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Using statistics in such a dishonest way is nothing more than lying via statistical data manipulation. But that chart used by you in this topic is about as stupid a lie as I have ever seen, roflmao.

There are liars, damned liars and then stupid ass liars like rightwinger, probably the stupidest liar on these boards besides JoeBitch.

The US is considered a first world power, the wealthiest nation on earth.

Impoverished nations are expected to have high crime rates, just like impoverished areas of the US

We look at GDP for comparison because those are the countries that most closely mirror us socioeconomically.

Why are you comparing us to third world countries in examining our horrendous murder rate?

Last edited:

The US is considered a first world power, the wealthiest nation on earth.

Hasn't been true for a few decades now, liar.

Impoverished nations are expected to have high crime rates, just like impoverished areas of the US

Who expects that? Algeria, Albania and Afghanistan are all very poor countries with low homicide rates. Sounds like nothing more than libtard ideological lies and stupidity to me.

Poverty can be a factor but is not the determining one.

We look at GDP for comparison because thoe are the countries that most closely mirror us socioeconomically.

And as I said not only have you failed to justify that 'expectation' (aka racist prejudice) but it simply is not true as demonstrated by the Virgin Islands that has a better GDP/capita than the UK and twice the US homicide rate.

Why are you comparing us to third world countries in examining our horrendous murder rate?

Because I am not the racist liar that you are, apparently. There are plenty of third world countries with low crime rates and it has nothing to do with GPD or anything else other than character of the people and the ability of would-be victims to protect themselves.

Why are you lying about the USA homicide rate being above 6,000/100k, when it is only <5/100k? Why are you tossing Algeria, Afghanistan, Albania and the British Virgin Islands out of your data comparisons? (because they don't fit?)

Again, you are dishonest, stupid and cant think your way out of a wet paper sack.

Last edited:
The pro gun people keep pointing to Switzerland. I recently read that the Swiss government is changing their policies and told the citizens to turn in their audition. Most if the citizens have complied.

The pro gun people keep pointing to Switzerland. I recently read that the Swiss government is changing their policies and told the citizens to turn in their audition. Most if the citizens have complied.

So what?

That doesn't change the FACT that for decades almost every Swiss home had a fully automatic machine gun rifle in their homes with plenty of ammunition and they did not have a high homicide rate.

Rifles are rarely used in homicides anyway, unlike what Hollyweird movie lies tell you.

According to the FBI, people get beaten with fists and feet or clubs or stabbed to death far more often than killed with a rifle.

The 'Assault Weapon Ban' was one of the most misleading, useless and stupid pieces of legislation in our nations history outside of laws that protected slavery.

Except it did do one good thing; woke up a lot of disinterested gun owners who had previously thought all worry of gun confiscation was an NRA lie. The found out that , no, the gun grabbing fascist DO want your guns for sure and so a huge number of them became politically active.

Thank God for that one, lol.

Why are you lying about the USA homicide rate being above 6,000/100k, when it is only <5/100k? Why are you tossing Algeria, Afghanistan, Albania and the British Virgin Islands out of your data comparisons? (because they don't fit?)

Again, you are dishonest, stupid and cant think your way out of a wet paper sack.

Why would we want to compare our murder rates to Afghanistan, Albania or the Virgin Islands?

How about Canada, England, France, Germany, Japan or Italy?

All have murder rates one third of ours or less. Why?

Fewer guns

Why would we want to compare our murder rates to Afghanistan, Albania or the Virgin Islands?

Because they are relevant, you stupid liar. The first three are much poorer than we are and have lower homicide rates, disproving your notion that poverty causes crime.

The Virgin Islands has a GDP/capita better than the UK and they still have twice our homicide rate, again disproving your lies.

You also ducked the most flagrant lie on your stupid chart that claims the USA homicide/100k rate is over 6,000, when it is less than 5/100k.

You are a liar and a stupid one, too stupid to really care about being a liar or stupid either one.

Fewer guns

No, false premise and unwarranted assertion based on fraudulent data sets that stack the deck.

How many times are you going to remind people here what an idiot you are?

In other words, you just stated nothing of consequence or relevance because it is likely BOTH factors that contributed, and not just one.

Except that handgun ownership is relatively rare in Canada, and almost no one, other than law enforcement officers are licensed to carry weapons. IOW's, the only people carrying weapons, aside from cops and armoured car personnel, are crooks.

And yet Canada has experienced the same drop in violent crime rates as the US. That would lead one to believe that gun ownership and open carrying of weapons has no effect on the crime rate one way or the other.

Remind us again what percentage of Canada's population is black?

Canada has a very large immigrant population. 25% of the entire population of Canada is made up of visible minorities - that's a quarter of the entire population, but in many cities, fully half of the population is made up of visible minorities, so your racist asshole rants just dont fly.

So what?

That doesn't change the FACT that for decades almost every Swiss home had a fully automatic machine gun rifle in their homes with plenty of ammunition and they did not have a high homicide rate.

Rifles are rarely used in homicides anyway, unlike what Hollyweird movie lies tell you.

According to the FBI, people get beaten with fists and feet or clubs or stabbed to death far more often than killed with a rifle.

The 'Assault Weapon Ban' was one of the most misleading, useless and stupid pieces of legislation in our nations history outside of laws that protected slavery.

Except it did do one good thing; woke up a lot of disinterested gun owners who had previously thought all worry of gun confiscation was an NRA lie. The found out that , no, the gun grabbing fascist DO want your guns for sure and so a huge number of them became politically active.

Why did they change their policy if it was such a good idea that you guys keep referring to it. And referring to it without mentioning that it no longer exists, which would be the honest thing to do if you are going to speak of it.

Because they are relevant, you stupid liar. The first three are much poorer than we are and have lower homicide rates, disproving your notion that poverty causes crime.

The Virgin Islands has a GDP/capita better than the UK and they still have twice our homicide rate, again disproving your lies.

You also ducked the most flagrant lie on your stupid chart that claims the USA homicide/100k rate is over 6,000, when it is less than 5/100k.

You are a liar and a stupid one, too stupid to really care about being a liar or stupid either one.

Fewer guns

No, false premise and unwarranted assertion based on fraudulent data sets that stack the deck.

How many times are you going to remind people here what an idiot you are?

They have less crimes because they have fewer guns. Thank you.

So what?

Why did they change their policy if it was such a good idea that you guys keep referring to it. And referring to it without mentioning that it no longer exists, which would be the honest thing to do if you are going to speak of it.

Your unproven claim is irrelevant, is what I stated.

Show it true and then I can respond in more detail, but so far its just your word for it.

But even if true, it does not change the facts of what their crime rate was while fully armed. I will leave their reasons why for them to state, unlike your self-serving presumptions.

So what?

Show it true and then I can respond in more detail, but so far its just your word for it.

But even if true, it does not change the facts of what their crime rate was while fully armed. I will leave their reasons why for them to state, unlike your self-serving presumptions.

You gun advocates point to the Swiss as if tgheir society is the same as ours. Get your head out of your ass and look around, the world is not the same as the United States.

You gun advocates point to the Swiss as if tgheir society is the same as ours. Get your head out of your ass and look around, the world is not the same as the United States.

Lol, I never said it was the same as ours, NONE of them are.

But there are useful similarities and contrasts that any THINKING person can learn from, which seems to exclude you , apparently.

But there are useful similarities and contrasts that any THINKING person can learn from, which seems to exclude you , apparently.

Well hell, Jethro, you should try some of that thinking and you might have some idea what I am talking about.

Well hell, Jethro, you should try some of that thinking and you might have some idea what I am talking about.

Given your previous statements I think I know exactly what you are talking about; you don't think blacks should be allowed guns, you have a condescending view of Third World countries like any other racist would, but you think all people too stupid to handle guns anyway.

you have no respect for truth or objectivity and would like lie just as quickly as rightwinger has been if you thought it would suit your purposes.

Except that handgun ownership is relatively rare in Canada, and almost no one, other than law enforcement officers are licensed to carry weapons. IOW's, the only people carrying weapons, aside from cops and armoured car personnel, are crooks.

And yet Canada has experienced the same drop in violent crime rates as the US. That would lead one to believe that gun ownership and open carrying of weapons has no effect on the crime rate one way or the other.

Remind us again what percentage of Canada's population is black?
Canada has a very large immigrant population. 25% of the entire population of Canada is made up of visible minorities
According to this, its 19%.
Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why do you need to lie to make a point?

According to this, its 19%.
Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why do you need to lie to make a point?

Pardon me for misreading the chart. I read 25 million as the total population of Canada, not the white population, and 6 million visible minorities and made my own calculations.

Why do you assume people are lying instead of making an error? One can only assume it's because YOU must be a liar yourself.

Having recently left Toronto, which has a very high percentage of non-whites (nearly 50%), and having moved to a rural area, we had a huge culture shock tonight while attending my grandsons' Christimas concert. First off, they had a Three Wise Men and manger scene which would never have happened in Toronto - too many Jewish, Muslim, and other non-Christian students. And secondly, there is one black family in the school. The rest of the kids were white. My youngest daughter commented she had never seen so many white people in one place.

My youngest daughter, who was born and raised in Toronto, attending schools where white kids made up about 25% of the class. We lived near one of the Asian communities in Toronto (one of three), so half the kid were Asian, a quarter were white, and a quarter were black. My grandchildren lived near the city's main Chinatown, so more than half the kids there were Chinese, and slightly more than a quarter were white, with the rest being black. School newsletters from my daughter's school came home in multiple languages - Chinese, Korean, Somali, Japanese, Thai, Iranian, French and English.

I miss the ethic mix. I also find this entire "war on Christmas" crap that people spew to be utter garbage. I often feel that Christians are more often in your face and disrespectful to those people of other faiths who don't celebrate our religious holidays.

Given your previous statements I think I know exactly what you are talking about; you don't think blacks should be allowed guns, you have a condescending view of Third World countries like any other racist would, but you think all people too stupid to handle guns anyway.

you have no respect for truth or objectivity and would like lie just as quickly as rightwinger has been if you thought it would suit your purposes.

You have no idea what I am talking about when I say the Swiss society is different than the American society. The Swiss society is not as violent as the American society, and they could be trusted with the guns and ammunition. You are dishonest with the reference to the Swiss.

You accusations of my racism are totally unfounded, time to get your head out if you ass and try some honesty.

Forum List

Back