Confidence in Elections Waning

I’d say more like enabling politicians in the legislatures to have a hand in decertifying elections if they don’t like the outcome.

Clearly, somebody has to safeguard the election process, particularly with the extremely loose provisions proposed by Democrats.

Nothing. Let them die off. As long as there are enough gullible, willing marks out there, there will be a GOP official pouring lies in their ears for money and for votes. All we can do is make them pay at the ballot box.
Again, you miss the big picture, it isn't only Republicans it is now Democrats as well, their confidence in fair elections has dropped 21 points in eight months.

This is not just a Republican problem it is both parties now having a problem as well as Independents their confidence is down 8 points. Burying your head in the sand won't help the problem but at least you can feel warm and fuzzy.

You really have me confused with someone else. The day after the election I said the Biden won.
Never wavered since. The governor of Pa. did not have the authority to change the voting procedure
regardless of what a court says, Not like courts can be biased, huh?

My point is there is reasons for the waning confidence in elections
What procedures did the governor of PA change?

Again, you miss the big picture, it isn't only Republicans it is now Democrats as well, their confidence in fair elections has dropped 21 points in eight months.

This is not just a Republican problem it is both parties now having a problem as well as Independents their confidence is down 8 points. Burying your head in the sand won't help the problem but at least you can feel warm and fuzzy.
Democrats' confidence level is merely returning to the range it was in before the 2020 election.

Republicans and Trumpists have lied so much about election and voter fraud that this was the inevitable outcome: lower confidence in the greatest and best electoral system in the world.

You know what you need to to do to raise the confidence level again:

Easy....

Republicans need to stop lying about election and voter fraud and cease and desist in undermining our democratic institutions.

Why don't you stop corrupting them and then telling people to shut up when you get caught ?

Fuck off.

Lets be clear I would allow Voter ID voting on condition:

ID can be given out by the Federal Government to anyone, free, within a 20min drive of anyone's house. The process has to be painless and anonymous (i.e. can use this database for IRS, Social Welfare,....).

Voting day is changed to a Friday and if a National Holiday

Voting is available in every state 3 weeks for 16 hours a day before election day...

IDs can be obtained at special areas beside poll places

Provisional ballots would be taken for people with no IDs (there identity could be confirmed later if the ballot is needed)

Polling places would be in every elementary school no exceptions... Every School and booths would be assigned by size of school...

If Queues for Polls get over one hour then the polling place will extend its hours to 24 hrs, the various state officers will be fined personally...

That is just a start..
I actually like most of your ideas. However, how is an elementary school going to take three weeks of voting and using that space while children are in session? Maybe, hold elections in the summer? Not sure. Would we need 24 hour polling places if we have three weeks to vote?

At least you are on the right track. Thanks.

Because our election system actively discourages such leaders. Plurality voting and the two-party system (esp. with its primaries) penalizes consensus builders. Ranked choice voting, and other reforms, will be no magic bullet (it may be a case of too little, too late), but would help guide us back to the light. Assuming that's where we want to go.
While I'm a hard pass on ranked choice voting...I agree with you.

Most people are shades of purple. Cartoonish figments of our imagination (aka "evil" folks whom we disagree with politically) are pure red or blue. Keep in mind the bravado shown on internet chat rooms is not what people actually feel in real life. Even Grampa Murked U stated more than once that he acts like a shit brained idiot just to get a rise out of the other side.

But to get elected, someone who is a shade of purple has to put on either a red or blue overcoat.

If you want to change this; what you need to do is get rid of politicians drawing congressional districts. Once that goes away--you get rid of the safe congressional seats--then you'd see moderates. Currently about 400 out of the 435 house seats are safe. Most are not seriously contested if contested at all. So the women and men in those districts don't need to worry about moderates let alone the other political party. So what do they do? They veer to the extreme...there is no percentage in being a moderate when you don't have to be a moderate.

You get rid of those safe seats and presto--you get rid of idiots like Marjorie Taylor Green and Maxine Waters. You get more people like Simena, McCain, Mancin, and Liberman (it's no coincidence I named 4 senators--there are very few moderates in the House any more).

LOL...thanks for the chuckle.

Proof of massive voter fraud...zero. None. Nada.

The moronic input is from anyone who is concerned about election security; mostly republicans who can't fathom why their cult leader was denounced so strongly; and those who bring up polls as some sort of "gotcha" device when the facts clearly state otherwise.
I don't think there was election fraud, I mentioned that early on, again you just spew partisan knee jerk response, thanks for trolling that seems to be your answer to everything.

Oh fuck off with this whiney ass shit. You idiots cried ENDLESSLY for 4 years about the election outcome when Trump won. Suddenly now it's the best system on the planet.
This only makes sense if you completely ignore what the left was talking about with the 2016 election and how it had nothing to do with what you idiots are talking about now.

Republicans and Trumpists have lied so much about election and voter fraud that this was the inevitable outcome: lower confidence in the greatest and best electoral system in the world.

You know what you need to to do to raise the confidence level again:

Easy....

Republicans need to stop lying about election and voter fraud and cease and desist in undermining our democratic institutions.
/———/ This from one of the asshats who screamed RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA COLLUSION for 4 years. Get a life moron.

This only makes sense if you completely ignore what the left was talking about with the 2016 election and how it had nothing to do with what you idiots are talking about now.
The details aren't the point. It's the irrational lack of acceptance. And that's the same problem in both cases.

I
/———/ This from one of the asshats who screamed RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA COLLUSION for 4 years. Get a life moron.
As usual your post makes no sense.

Notwithstanding your hyperbole on Russian collusion, there is a big difference between defending the integrity of our election system from foreign interference, and Trumpers like yourself debasing out electoral system and lying about voter and election fraud in November 2020.

Last edited:
I don't think there was election fraud, I mentioned that early on, again you just spew partisan knee jerk response, thanks for trolling that seems to be your answer to everything.
I didn't say YOU did. I'm commenting on the idiots who think there was and have some question about election security where there is zero proof of any such massive fraud taking place.

Again, you just spew some paranoid tripe about what you imagine other people said about "you". It seems to be your answer for everything.

Did you read that Democrats confidence has dropped from 90% to 69%? If this is Trump driven, then why the 21% drop from january to September? Are Democrats really Trump followers?
Democrat confidence has dropped because Republicans are changing voter laws to make it harder to vote. Read your own link:

That shift comes after a series of high-profile changes to voting rules and regulations at the state level. Republican officials in some states have tightened the rules around voting, while some Democratic-controlled states have taken steps to make looser rules implemented to address the coronavirus pandemic permanent. Less than half see either side's moves as pure, according to the poll.

I didn't say YOU did. I'm commenting on the idiots who think there was and have some question about election security where there is zero proof of any such massive fraud taking place.

Again, you just spew some paranoid tripe about what you imagine other people said about "you". It seems to be your answer for everything.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ayup!

It would have taken THOUSANDS to commit the imginary voter fraud behind Trump's Big Lie. Yet not one of them was caught or has blabbed, even though you can't even get a blowjob in the sanctity of the Oval Office without someone blabbing.

And then there are the five MILLION illegals Trump says voted in the 2016 election.

And not one of them was caught, either.

Damn! Those Mexicans are GENIUSES!!!

Forum List

Back