Confidence in Elections Waning

Oh fuck off with this whiney ass shit. You idiots cried ENDLESSLY for 4 years about the election outcome when Trump won. Suddenly now it's the best system on the planet.

SERIOUSLY......GFY
When Trump won in 2016 there were questions about foreign interference in our elections. In 2019 a bipartisan Senate committee found that indeed, Russia did meddle in the 2016 election. Senate panel backs assessment that Russia interfered in 2016

The difference between 2016 and now is that in 2016, Democrats were defending election integrity from foreign interference; in 2020 Trumpist and Republicans are actively undermining election integrity by lying about voter and election fraud.

Wait for Trump and everyone who supports him to either smarten up or die. No amount of proof will convince either the blob or his followers that there was no widespread voter fraud. Its the only solution.
Which doesn't explain why the Democrats numbers sliding by 21 point is eight months, but at least you are consistent with your knee jerk responses.

Democrat confidence has dropped because Republicans are changing voter laws to make it harder to vote. Read your own link.

That shift comes after a series of high-profile changes to voting rules and regulations at the state level. Republican officials in some states have tightened the rules around voting, while some Democratic-controlled states have taken steps to make looser rules implemented to address the coronavirus pandemic permanent. Less than half see either side's moves as pure, according to the poll.
I think he gets that. But imo there's something to be said for GA tightening up how ballots are collected. Voting hours are expanded. That's just one example, but I'm just not jumping on the gop is bad wagon just yet. Texas is of course ... trumptard.

Ayup!

It would have taken THOUSANDS to commit the imginary voter fraud behind Trump's Big Lie. Yet not one of them was caught or has blabbed, even though you can't even get a blowjob in the sanctity of the Oval Office without someone blabbing.

And then there are the five MILLION illegals Trump says voted in the 2016 election.

And not one of them was caught, either.

Damn! Those Mexicans are GENIUSES!!!
Sadly, you're just pointing to two of the more outlandish comments.... There are dozens more.

Remember the one about the US military seizing a server in Berlin?

Sadly, you're just pointing to two of the more outlandish comments.... There are dozens more.

Remember the one about the US military seizing a server in Berlin?
I did not hear about that one.

I did hear Trump say the DNC server is in Ukraine, though. :lol:

I think he gets that. But imo there's something to be said for GA tightening up how ballots are collected. Voting hours are expanded. That's just one example, but I'm just not jumping on the gop is bad wagon just yet. Texas is of course ... trumptard.
CowboyTed has some great suggestions on restoring voter confidence.
Lets be clear I would allow Voter ID voting on condition:

ID can be given out by the Federal Government to anyone, free, within a 20min drive of anyone's house. The process has to be painless and anonymous (i.e. can use this database for IRS, Social Welfare,....).

Voting day is changed to a Friday and if a National Holiday

Voting is available in every state 3 weeks for 16 hours a day before election day...

IDs can be obtained at special areas beside poll places

Provisional ballots would be taken for people with no IDs (there identity could be confirmed later if the ballot is needed)

Polling places would be in every elementary school no exceptions... Every School and booths would be assigned by size of school...

If Queues for Polls get over one hour then the polling place will extend its hours to 24 hrs, the various state officers will be fined personally...

That is just a start..

Democrat confidence has dropped because Republicans are changing voter laws to make it harder to vote. Read your own link:

That shift comes after a series of high-profile changes to voting rules and regulations at the state level. Republican officials in some states have tightened the rules around voting, while some Democratic-controlled states have taken steps to make looser rules implemented to address the coronavirus pandemic permanent. Less than half see either side's moves as pure, according to the poll.
It is a perception, I don't think what Georgia is doing is hurting anything but feelings.

ID can be given out by the Federal Government to anyone, free, within a 20min drive of anyone's house. The process has to be painless and anonymous (i.e. can use this database for IRS, Social Welfare,....).

Huh? How can the process of getting an ID be anonymous? Or rather, why should it be? Doesn't anonymity defeat the purpose?

When Trump won in 2016 there were questions about foreign interference in our elections. In 2019 a bipartisan Senate committee found that indeed, Russia did meddle in the 2016 election. Senate panel backs assessment that Russia interfered in 2016

The difference between 2016 and now is that in 2016, Democrats were defending election integrity from foreign interference; in 2020 Trumpist and Republicans are actively undermining election integrity by lying about voter and election fraud.
All major nations meddle in the elections of other nations ya moron. What Russia was doing IS NOTHING NEW. Or are you going to pretend we don't do the exact same shit???

You people are fools. The congress blew untold THOUSANDS to investigate what everyone already knows. They might as well have given that money to a college to investigate why dogs can't drive cars...

The details aren't the point. It's the irrational lack of acceptance. And that's the same problem in both cases.
No, the details are the point.

One group is upset about a very real occurrence.

One group isn't.

The problem is that half the country seems to be disconnected from reality.

All major nations meddle in the elections of other nations ya moron. What Russia was doing IS NOTHING NEW. Or are you going to pretend we don't do the exact same shit???

Yep. And every election has anomalies and irregularities. But we latch on to whatever will justify our delusions.

You people are fools. The congress blew untold THOUSANDS to investigate what everyone already knows. They might as well have given that money to a college to investigate why dogs can't drive cars...

MOAR AUDITS!!!!

Just shitty excuse making for someone who was happy that Russia helped them out.

It's not true. Russia does not always meddle in our election and when they have tried (decades ago) they were met with people who didn't want their help.

As for investigating what everyone knows, it's a lie. Lots of people, including Trump, were trying to deflect blame from Russia. Many Trump supporters still are.

For many decades now I've thought it is a conflict of interest that the vast majority of our elections in this country are run under the supervision of Democrats and Republicans. My way to deal with the matter is to vote to boot the ruling political party from power before it gets too cute and comfy.

Forum List

Back