Confidence in Elections Waning

Sorry it doesn't fit your "democrats never accepted defeat" narrative.

There is little that is truly wrong with the way we elect Presidents.

There are many things wrong with it. The core of it is "lesser of two evils".

Tell me; what objective data do you have that there is some big problem with the elections?

The results for the last fifty years.

Lets be clear I would allow Voter ID voting on condition:

ID can be given out by the Federal Government to anyone, free, within a 20min drive of anyone's house. The process has to be painless and anonymous (i.e. can use this database for IRS, Social Welfare,....).

Voting day is changed to a Friday and if a National Holiday

Voting is available in every state 3 weeks for 16 hours a day before election day...

IDs can be obtained at special areas beside poll places

Provisional ballots would be taken for people with no IDs (there identity could be confirmed later if the ballot is needed)

Polling places would be in every elementary school no exceptions... Every School and booths would be assigned by size of school...

If Queues for Polls get over one hour then the polling place will extend its hours to 24 hrs, the various state officers will be fined personally...

That is just a start..

Any honest person with common sense knew the presidential election was about to be tampered with when all the last minute process changes were put in place, knew it was being tampered with when they saw it happen in real-time on election night if they followed any of the affected states results, and knew it was tampered with when they saw all the evidence in the weeks and months afterwards.

I'm not interested in hearing how "it's different when we do it".

The point is, the insane partisanship and fear tactics are a problem with both parties, with our entire system. Trump was exceptionally egregious, but the problem isn't just him. It isn't just Republicans. Our system is fucked up.

LOL - not my blob.
The point is ... the dems accepted the vote counts.

But the question is maybe how can elections be changed to provide for more certainty. Unfortunately, the trumptards bought the lie without any evidence that systemic fraud changed anything. I don't think we can address that other than to ... move on. But people who don't fall for the big lie, also think voting is being skewed, and it is. Look at Fla's legislature and Sup Ct killing citizen initiative to let felons vote. Look at Calif and vote harvesting. That can be addressed, assuming we had a responsible congress.

The point is ... the dems accepted the vote counts.
The point is ... they had a powerful emotional incentive to seek denial, and pursued it for Trump's entire Presidency. Now Trumpsters have the same powerful emotional incentive. I've talked to some of these #StopTheSteal people. It's not just a political angle for them - they really believe it. The idea of "demoncrats" running things is so terrifying to them, that they simply refuse to accept it.

All of this is a direct result of the artificial "two-party system". We've distilled it down to a bitter faction war. Each side is convinced (or at least tries to convince voters) that the other is completely insane and evil. Many partisan voters fear the "other side" more than they fear outside enemies like Russia and China. A country can't last like that.

But the question is maybe how can elections be changed to provide for more certainty.
Security isn't the problem with our elections. The problem is the way we vote, and the slew of regulations that limit us (if only psychologically) to whatever the two parties offer.

Yet your claims lost in court and the election stands. have any other magical declarations for us? Like, unicorns really exist? :auiqs.jpg:
You really have me confused with someone else. The day after the election I said the Biden won.
Never wavered since. The governor of Pa. did not have the authority to change the voting procedure
regardless of what a court says, Not like courts can be biased, huh?

My point is there is reasons for the waning confidence in elections

Any honest person with common sense knew the presidential election was about to be tampered with when all the last minute process changes were put in place, knew it was being tampered with when they saw it happen in real-time on election night if they followed any of the affected states results, and knew it was tampered with when they saw all the evidence in the weeks and months afterwards.
Utter fantasy regurgitated by a gullible mark.

There are many things wrong with it. The core of it is "lesser of two evils".
Well, if that is the worst thing we have to worry about...we're better than 99.9% of the other nations where the choice is voter for X or else.

The results for the last fifty years.
Wow...really?

1631813433585.png

Yeah, we're struggling.

Don't get me wrong; there is plenty that is wrong in the nation and we would be well served if we were to change the Constitution to ensure that people are not spending most of their careers exploiting loopholes in Washington...but the idea that our elections are fraudulent, our leaders are all corrupt, the nation is a banana republic (you're not making that specific argument I know) is simply nonsense.

What nation did better since 1971 in electing heads of state?

Interesting link, but it shows two distinct things, at least to me. 1) A maj of gopers accept Trump's lie. No court bought it, and even his own AG told him he was being an idiot over a stolen election. 2) Dems are buying into the argument that restrictions enacted in red states suppress black/minority/poor votes and don't, as the gop claims, make elections more transparent. I'm not really sure that GA's law does this. Nor maybe Arizona's. But we'll see. I don't think Texas deserves any benefit of a doubt.

I'm not hopeful, but it seems to me this "cries out" for some bipartisan federal law that would apply to federal elections.
That's what I think is happening as well, I can't blame Trump for the Democrats going down the wrong road. What is concerning is the Republican numbers are staying the same and I was hoping for them to come back up.

We need Congress to work on legislation to restore voter confidence, but they seem to be as far apart as ever to work on anything together. The extremes on this country are killing this country and we need leadership but there is no one on either side that seems capable of leading.

Republicans and Trumpists have lied so much about election and voter fraud that this was the inevitable outcome: lower confidence in the greatest and best electoral system in the world
Oh fuck off with this whiney ass shit. You idiots cried ENDLESSLY for 4 years about the election outcome when Trump won. Suddenly now it's the best system on the planet.

SERIOUSLY......GFY

You really have me confused with someone else. The day after the election I said the Biden won.
Never wavered since. The governor of Pa. did not have the authority to change the voting procedure
regardless of what a court says, Not like courts can be biased, huh?

My point is there is reasons for the waning confidence in elections
"Regardless of what a court says"

Goes well with

"Regardless of what the science says"

And

"Regardless of what the experts say"

And....

This is "delusion maintenance"

Well, if you don't think your vote counts...don't vote. Simple. If you're under the impression that everyone thinks the way you do...you have nothing to lose. For myself...I'll continue to vote. We'll see who comes out ahead.
Where did I say not to vote? You knee jerk so much, the issue is both sides of the aisle are losing faith in our elections. So you want people that don't have faith to not vote. Got it, thanks for your moronic input.

Based on what??? Do YOU have confidence in the implementation of our system with wide spread mail in voting, drive through voting etc...

EVERY SINGLE ELECTION we see "irregularities" AKA CHEATING but the left and the media downplay it.
Republican numbers are staying the same and I was hoping for them to come back up.

Where did I say not to vote? You knee jerk so much, the issue is both sides of the aisle are losing faith in our elections. So you want people that don't have faith to not vote. Got it, thanks for your moronic input.

LOL...thanks for the chuckle.

Proof of massive voter fraud...zero. None. Nada.

The moronic input is from anyone who is concerned about election security; mostly republicans who can't fathom why their cult leader was denounced so strongly; and those who bring up polls as some sort of "gotcha" device when the facts clearly state otherwise.

We need Congress to work on legislation to restore voter confidence, but they seem to be as far apart as ever to work on anything together. The extremes on this country are killing this country and we need leadership but there is no one on either side that seems capable of leading.

Because our election system actively discourages such leaders. Plurality voting and the two-party system (esp. with its primaries) penalizes consensus builders. Ranked choice voting, and other reforms, will be no magic bullet (it may be a case of too little, too late), but would help guide us back to the light. Assuming that's where we want to go.

"Regardless of what a court says"

Goes well with

"Regardless of what the science says"

And

"Regardless of what the experts say"

And....

This is "delusion maintenance"
Science? What does the science say about a transgender's sex?
Courts? How do you feel about the Supreme Court?

Hey it is what it is? It just depends on one's view on a given subject.
But the bottom line IS, there is waning confidence in elections

Based on what??? Do YOU have confidence in the implementation of our system with wide spread mail in voting, drive through voting etc...

EVERY SINGLE ELECTION we see "irregularities" AKA CHEATING but the left and the media downplay it.
Meanwhile back in reality, multiple states (blue and red) have done nothing but mail in voting for a long time.

Never, not once, have you questioned those elections or called the people who were elected "illegitimate" until some orange blob tells you what to think then--presto---you're screaming like a little bitch about voter fraud.

Forum List

Back