Confidence in Elections Waning

Do you mean like requiring an ID to vote? Yeah, spare us.
Why should I spare you? Repubs purposely require ID then shut down DMV's for miles around and then cut back on public transportation so you cant get to the few long distance ones that are open. You show them a federal HUD ID and they say thats not good enough. You should spare me your bullshit.

What can we do to stop this trend or is it too late?
Allow full, unhindered audits and canvassing in all states. Impose a requirement for ID at all polling places and that ID must be something other than a mere driver's license. DLs are being handed out to illegals so they can drive and work but that still shouldn't give them the vote. Short of this, the country is on a path to dissolution. The vote was the only thing we all shared in common. Once it's no longer trusted, this nation cannot continue.

Back in January 59% of Americans had confidence in the elections that elections reflected the will of the people. Today 52% of Americans: don't have confidence that our elections reflect the will of the people. To me that is quite the swing.

Democrats and independents, though, are driving a drop in confidence that American elections reflect the will of the people. A narrow majority overall, 52%, now say they lack that confidence, up from 40% who felt that way in January. Among Democrats, confidence has dipped from 90% in January to 69% now, and among independents, it's fallen from 54% to 46% over that time, while Republican confidence has held about even and now stands at 24%.

My comment: The lack of confidence in the election process should concern us all as it seems our confidence in a 245 year old process is now not trusted by most Americans.

On the first page of the report of the survey it clearly states the poll was conducted via the Web, keeping it to people who would take time on their own to respond. Not very scientific in my book. I doubt the results.
I am pretty sure people do not trust one party trying to keep the other party from voting and having shown a willingness to overthrow the election results if they lose.

Democrats have avoided any election legislation which would protect and keep ahead of any fraud that the technology could be compromised.
Democrats are the party who cut off transparency by covering windows, closing precincts to counting then when the media leaves
open up for counting once again.
In Pa. who's Democrat governor changed voting procedures without passing legislation?

Your tribe has given plenty of ammunition for concern.
Appr. 60 lawsuits were filed over the 2020 election and not a single one found fraud. In the instances you brought up about windows being covered or some kind of voting machinations were going on, either were all debunked or raised in court and summarily dismissed.

The issues I have with the new laws in certain Red States is not the voter ID aspect, it is the idea that if the party in power, in this case the Republicans, are unhappy with the count, they can replace the local board and replace them with apparatchiks from the State government. That should be a concern for anyone.

Republicans need to cool the rhetoric.

On the first page of the report of the survey it clearly states the poll was conducted via the Web, keeping it to people who would take time on their own to respond. Not very scientific in my book. I doubt the results.
I am pretty sure people do not trust one party trying to keep the other party from voting and having shown a willingness to overthrow the election results if they lose.
One vote for one American Citizen, doesn't look like the democrats are too concerned with that.
A major concern which could sway a pole.

But it wasn't just Trump repeating the Big Lie. It was the entire Republican Party. See #33
It is a 21% drop in eight months, I find that though to believe, there has to be more. Independents I can understand, Democrats there has to be more.

Appr. 60 lawsuits were filed over the 2020 election and not a single one found fraud. In the instances you brought up about windows being covered or some kind voting machinations were either all debunked or raised in court and summarily dismissed.

The issues I have with the new laws in certain Red States is not the voter ID aspect, it is the idea that if the party in power, in this case the Republicans, are unhappy with the count, they can replace the local board and replace them with apparatchiks from the State government. That should be a concern for anyone.

Republicans need to cool the rhetoric.
Not too many investigations into the fraud accusations in the 2020 election.
Having a governor change voting procedures without legislation IS a violation in itself, but.....

So you just go with your rhetoric.

Back in January 59% of Americans had confidence in the elections that elections reflected the will of the people. Today 52% of Americans: don't have confidence that our elections reflect the will of the people. To me that is quite the swing.

Democrats and independents, though, are driving a drop in confidence that American elections reflect the will of the people. A narrow majority overall, 52%, now say they lack that confidence, up from 40% who felt that way in January. Among Democrats, confidence has dipped from 90% in January to 69% now, and among independents, it's fallen from 54% to 46% over that time, while Republican confidence has held about even and now stands at 24%.

My comment: The lack of confidence in the election process should concern us all as it seems our confidence in a 245 year old process is now not trusted by most Americans.

And that’s driven almost entirely by idiots who simply don’t like the results of the last election

Then why is it that Democrats confidence is down from 90% to 69%? I get the Republican side, I don't understand the Democrats and the Independents slide.
What Democrats are concerned about are the GOP efforts to overturn results that the GOP doesn’t like

Having a governor change voting procedures without legislation IS a violation in itself, but.....

These kinds of complaints actually have some legitimacy. Trumpsters chose to go "full retard" and focused on whacky conspiracy theories instead.

It is a 21% drop in eight months, I find that though to believe, there has to be more. Independents I can understand, Democrats there has to be more.
I agree with you. It's a huge drop. I'd like to see a few more polls on the subject. Never know, this could be an outlier. Also, were the exact same questions asked? I looked at some of the underlying data but it's hard to tell.

Not too many investigations into the fraud accusations in the 2020 election.

So you just go with your rhetoric.
The Trump Administration's own officials called the November 2020 election the safest in history. Nothing that has been raised since has altered that fact.

As far as changes in voting procedures, once again, they were challenged in court and the Republican Party lost.

The attorneys who made outlandish arguments about mail-in ballots and voter fraud are now all, rightfully, facing lawsuits and disbarment.

Our elections are the most secure in the world.

A pity that they are being undermined.

One vote for one American Citizen, doesn't look like the democrats are too concerned with that.
A major concern which could sway a pole.
If it is a voluntary web pole, what makes you think it is democrats voting?

The real big lie is "The Big Lie".

If confidence is waning, then why are the people who could restore that confidence doing everything that they can to stop investigation of the results?

Rhetorical question, of course....They want a lack in confidence, as that tends to stop those who oppose the one-party rule state from even bothering.

The Trump Administration's own officials called the November 2020 election the safest in history. Nothing that has been raised since has altered that fact.

As far as changes in voting procedures, once again, they were challenged in court and the Republican Party lost.

The attorneys who made outlandish arguments about mail-in ballots and voter fraud are now all, rightfully, facing lawsuits and disbarment.

Our elections are the most secure in the world.

A pity that they are being undermined.
You can make all the excuses you want, Johnlaw. The Pa. governor DID NOT have the authority to change a voting law
without the legislative branch of that state.

How?

Exactly. It's not supposed to. It's supposed to reflect a consensus of the states.

Recognizing the error of mob rules does not imply disdain for the citizenry. It just acknowledges the dangers of unlimited majority rule. Do you deny those dangers?
I disagree that elections should reflect the consensus of the states. That's an arbitrary decision which leads to distortion of how our presidents are chosen.

I see no advantages to our current system as opposed to what you guys call "mob rule" and it absolutely demonstrates disdain given you refer to the citizenry as a "mob" which is clearly a pejorative. For starters, there is no "unlimited majority rule". The constitution does still place limits on the actions of federal government. I think there's greater dangers on a party being able to control the government based on the support of a minority of the populace.

Forum List

Back