Columbus OH city council breaks state law and ignores judge

Long story short
Ohio law preempts county and local laws regarding firearms - cities, etc, cannot create laws more restrictive than those of the atate.
Columbus city council - controlled by Democrats - did just that.
A judge put the legislation on hold - -and the city council passed it anyway.

So here we have a band of Democrats willfully breaking laws and ignoring rulings from the court.
What penalty should they suffer, and why do they believe the law and court rulings do not apply to them?
Laws are only for Republicans.

Yes. The Columbus city council knows state law prevents them from enacting the ordinance in question.
That is, they willfully broke the law.
What penalty should there be?
I don't know. This happens all the time all across the country. Gun laws, abortion laws, don't say gay laws, sactuary cities, environmental laws. I guess it depends.

How come Capone got all those years for tax evasion but Trump's CFO is only going to serve 100 days?

Depends on what?
Why is it OK for these Democrats to willfully break the law and violate a court order?
Civil disobedience? Okay what sentence would you give them? I think it depends on the law. Shoplifting isn't the same thing as burglary and abortion isn't murder. What would you do with a woman who got an illegal abortion? Would you charge her with murder? Why? We didn't do that before Roe V Wade why would you be so harsh now? Have we gotten MORE conservative since then?

And like I said. Trump's CFO was found guilty of tax fraud and he will spend 100 days in jail. How come Capone spent longer in jail? No difference between Trump's CFO and Capone, right? Broke the same law.

Or Wesley Snipes. How come he got longer than 100 days?

if you don't know that answer, you're not bright.
Can you answer the question?

Forget Capone. How about Wesley Snipes? Why didn't he only get 100 days in jail?

Point is, you guys want us to say "what penalty should they get for breaking the law?" Depends. What are the laws like in that state? In Russia they'd sentence them to 9 years on a chain gang.

Civil disobedience? Okay what sentence would you give them? I think it depends on the law. Shoplifting isn't the same thing as burglary and abortion isn't murder. What would you do with a woman who got an illegal abortion? Would you charge her with murder? Why? We didn't do that before Roe V Wade why would you be so harsh now? Have we gotten MORE conservative since then?

And like I said. Trump's CFO was found guilty of tax fraud and he will spend 100 days in jail. How come Capone spent longer in jail? No difference between Trump's CFO and Capone, right? Broke the same law.

Or Wesley Snipes. How come he got longer than 100 days?
well I'd first override their vote by use of the judges order and then they would be in contempt of the ruling and should be fined and locked up for 30 days.

Can you answer the question?

Forget Capone. How about Wesley Snipes? Why didn't he only get 100 days in jail?

Point is, you guys want us to say "what penalty should they get for breaking the law?" Depends. What are the laws like in that state? In Russia they'd sentence them to 9 years on a chain gang.
sure, it's obvious. You can't even logically think about the why and you want me to tell you?

was the ban on use or buying them. There are details you didn't provide.

And a city council is elected officials not joe schmoe. Explain

A city council represents the people.

defying a judge's order doesn't seem like something citizens would want to see from their reps.

As I said, depending on what it is, I most certainly do.

If a judge ruled that Covid vaccine's were mandatory but city council came out and said they would not be enforcing that, you wouldn't support them?

So here we have a band of Democrats willfully breaking laws and ignoring rulings from the court.
Dems have been doing that for decades. When the courts rule against them they just ignore the rulings and the laws. Dems tie this shit up in the courts for years, and even when the SCOTUS eventually rules against them they just draft new unconstitutional laws.

As I said, depending on what it is, I most certainly do.

If a judge ruled that Covid vaccine's were mandatory but city council came out and said they would not be enforcing that, you wouldn't support them?
I don't support monarchy, nope. so the city council should stop acting like one.

Dems have been doing that for decades. When the courts rule against them they just ignore the rulings and the laws. Dems tie this shit up in the courts for years, and even when the SCOTUS eventually rules against them they just draft new unconstitutional laws.
As we see in this topic - Democrats believe they are above the law.

Forum List

Back