Suspend the Constitution?

Delldude

Sheep Dipped Boy Scout
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2014
Plasticville U.S.A
Recent comments by Donald Trump have set off a firestorm. Would you be surprised to know there already are secret provisions to do so within FEMA?
Two minute video of an excerpt of the Iran Contra hearings where it was revealed such a plan exists. Note the reaction of the chair, twice, who says this needs discussed in 'executive session'.
These provisions were incorporated during the Reagan/George H Bush days. These same provisions existed under each president since then.
Also note that they equate political dissent with terrorism. That has been a common theme from the left for sometime now.

Recent comments by Donald Trump have set off a firestorm. Would you be surprised to know there already are secret provisions to do so within FEMA?
Two minute video of an excerpt of the Iran Contra hearings where it was revealed such a plan exists. Note the reaction of the chair, twice, who says this needs discussed in 'executive session'.
These provisions were incorporated during the Reagan/George H Bush days. These same provisions existed under each president since then.
Also note that they equate political dissent with terrorism. That has been a common theme from the left for sometime now.

Surely you're not suggesting that Trumps statement is acceptable because of that FEMA provision? As in a way to minimalize what Trump said.
Suspension of the constitution is a huge deal.
It's rather erroneous for someone who would take a vow to uphold and defend the constitution, who also believes it should be suspended.

I wonder if the OP realized that Reagan, Bush Jr., and Trump were all REPUBLICANS? And, the person who first insinuated that domestic protest can be construed as terrorism wasn't the "leftists", but rather a Republican in the form of Bush Jr. Remember when Jr. famously said "if you're not with us, you're against us"?

I wonder if the OP realized that Reagan, Bush Jr., and Trump were all REPUBLICANS? And, the person who first insinuated that domestic protest can be construed as terrorism wasn't the "leftists", but rather a Republican in the form of Bush Jr. Remember when Jr. famously said "if you're not with us, you're against us"?
And many Repub voters understand that now. We need Prog voters to start understanding it from their elites. And Prog voters seem to be reveling in it.

The continuity of government structures are all set up, as an extra-constitutional bureaucracy, by the executive branch, and have never faced SCOTUS challenge.

They are all blatantly Unconstitutional power grabs, whose only purpose is to impose an authoritarian dictatorship upon the people of this nation in the time of crisis.

With that said, any unscrupulous demagogues which should happen to, either by accident, or happenstance, find themselves possessed of that office, could abuse those continuity of government orders to strip every last American of what remains of our liberties.

Dark Journalist - Peter Dale Scott: Deep State COG Doomsday Network Threat​

Surely you're not suggesting that Trumps statement is acceptable because of that FEMA provision? As in a way to minimalize what Trump said.
It's rather erroneous for someone who would take a vow to uphold and defend the constitution, who also believes it should be suspended.
This is perfect for the communists in the Democrat party.
They try to claim Trump said he wanted to suspend the constitution when he didn't, and this gives them the opportunity to suspend the constitution and blame it on Trump.
First they caused the problem by stealing elections.....then Trump says he wants to change election laws and they claim he said he wanted to suspend the constitution....and then they do.
It's all going according to plan.

tumblr_ef0b31c7ca585ff3d0a8762e256e451a_6321eb9e_500.gif

I don't recall making that point. Like I said , has become a firestorm. a firestorm.

You do also realize Trump has denied the claims, don't you?

Are you going to condemn Trump's statements OP?

Is this a requirement?

I believe your "if you're not with us, you're against us" inference was over an attack on US soil by foreign ideologies.

You must also consider the mantra of political dissent is equated to terrorism, is still is in use by the left including now....Biden has crowed about it.

IIRC, you are a Vet.......You remember when Janet Napolitano equated Vets as possible future terrorists? This was under the Obama admin.

You must have missed this part of my post:

This is perfect for the communists in the Democrat party.
They try to claim Trump said he wanted to suspend the constitution when he didn't, and this gives them the opportunity to suspend the constitution and blame it on Trump.
First they caused the problem by stealing elections.....then Trump says he wants to change election laws and they claim he said he wanted to suspend the constitution....and then they do.
It's all going according to plan.

View attachment 735852
0*ng1CjTck1PhOf3AU.jpg

The overarching point made by Trump here is that if one side walks over the rules and gets away with it, then the rules, whatever they are or wherever they come from, do not matter.

The overarching point made by Trump here is that if one side walks over the rules and gets away with it, then the rules, whatever they are or wherever they come from, do not matter.
Which is another way of saying I lost, its not fair, I want a coup.

Isn't that a continuance of government in the case of a nuclear strike that disables the Feds?

Both far left and far right whined about those coming FEMA Camps for the dissenters too.............

Of course he is.

Forum List

Back