Colorado baker told to bake that cake

I think every store that wants to discriminate, should have to post a sign to let people know who they will and won't serve. That way customers can choose where to spend their money and businesses can choose who their customers are, a win/win.
And let the free market sort it out. One problem like I have mentioned many times before. Back when I was a kid, black people could not buy gas, hit the bathrooms most places, I really remember the day the first black kids could swim in or city pool. If you do not want to provide some artwork for gay people, or demonology or whatever, ok. But if it is for a necessity discrimination should be against the law. Baking a cake or building a web site...shop around.

The only reason why the Homos went to a normative baker to start with is that they were hoping to get refused, so they could sue and actually force the people to do it. If the Colorado baker had said "sure", the homos would have taken their "business" elsewhere.

The lib idea is that people should not be able to disagree with their behavior.

And let the free market sort it out. One problem like I have mentioned many times before. Back when I was a kid, black people could not buy gas, hit the bathrooms most places, I really remember the day the first black kids could swim in or city pool. If you do not want to provide some artwork for gay people, or demonology or whatever, ok. But if it is for a necessity discrimination should be against the law. Baking a cake or building a web site...shop around.
Good point, I guess people would rather lose business than make money. My area I grew up wasn’t that racially divided, black went the same places to get gas, shop, or anything else.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.

Lost another one, Tommy.

Sad news for you there in Wales, I guess. Does nothing ever happen in Wales?

I think every store that wants to discriminate, should have to post a sign to let people know who they will and won't serve. That way customers can choose where to spend their money and businesses can choose who their customers are, a win/win.
Ultimately it was unnecessary for the big to be told what the cake was for.
It was done on purpose to tweak his conscience and start a conflict. Had the customer simply ordered the cake with the instructions given there never would have been a problem. The customer wasn't looking for a cake the customer was looking for a problem.

Who knows what people do with their cakes when they leave the shop? For all he knows a perfectly normal customer could take the cake home and sacrifice children on top of it. But if he finds out before he bakes the cake that that's what it's for he has a right to refuse to become involved. If the customer simply walks in and behaves as a normal customer then he is obliged to serve them.
Maybe they should have a don't ask don't tell for the baking industry too.

Everyone has moral limitations as to what they consider acceptable behavior. Which is one reason why PTSD exists.

To force others to defy their conscience is never good.

I, as a commercial/industrial electrician refused Marijuana Farms and Gun manufacturers....because Marijuana is stupid and truthfully untested. Then I don't think that cheap gun proliferation is good for our communities. I'm not against guns....any type of guns. But the promotion of them and the relative inexpensive nature that mass production makes them....well....they can do it without my help.

Its no shock Sue. When you have extremists making up the law as they go along.
Your supreme court is past its sell by date? You need something else.
The justices don't create laws....merely interpret them.
And the way our laws are written I am free to be a Christian without compromising my morality. (Which has benefits and cautions)

You may not like it but you don't live in the USA...And probably never will.

But then again
You may be just fine with giving an imam a pork fat enema. Dunno.

Forum List

Back