Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Baking a pink cake with blue frosting is going to ruin his entire reputation as a baker?

Seriously?
Yep....he perceives that it will.

Look, some bakers refuse even if is a normal wedding...simply because you aren't a "blue blood" or aren't Irish or because you are.

Some Bakeries are highly selective....(bridezillas beware)
That's just the nature of this business.

I actually refused to bake custom cakes whatsoever. I could have...but I flat out didn't want to. You got what was in the case or you went without.
I still had the reputation of the best eclair in middle TN. I had many many fine offerings.
And if the state of TN tried to force me to bake a pink cake with blue icing I would have used a lot of coarse expletives and essentially said that I would rather sit in jail than to bake that cake.

I had a unique menu that was all mine. Where I have plenty of talent and probably enough bandwidth to make that cake....I still would say "no" just because.

The arguments on this thread from our bigoted friends are entertaining but are getting more and more bizarre.

It appears that they want a society where certain folk can only use certain outlets.

Pretty soon it will be to live in certain areas so that they are sperated from the rest of society.

We could call them ghettos.

When will society learn from history ? I guess it is lucky that they are a dwindling part of the community.

The arguments on this thread from our bigoted friends are entertaining but are getting more and more bizarre.

It appears that they want a society where certain folk can only use certain outlets.

Pretty soon it will be to live in certain areas so that they are sperated from the rest of society.

When will society learn from history ? I guess it is lucky that they are a dwindling part of the community.

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy:

My mother (a human construct btw) always said, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Now, there is a city in Colorado that apparently is in need of a Baker that specializes in Transitioning Cakes!

I’d scoop that opportunity up and become stupid wealthy!

You could make sooooooo much money, hell, you could afford to transition!

Look at Stumps....all bold and aggressive.... lol

Currently, because Chik filet is perceived as "anti-homosexual" they are always swamped with customers seeking chicken sandwiches. Their business actually increased since LGBT groups called for a boycott.

It's still very very strong today.

I imagine that this bakery is wanting the same thing.

Currently, because Chik filet is perceived as "anti-homosexual" they are always swamped with customers seeking chicken sandwiches. Their business actually increased since LGBT groups called for a boycott.

It's still very very strong today.

I imagine that this bakery is wanting the same thing.
Which groups of people does chikfilet refuse to serve ?

Yep....he perceives that it will.

Look, some bakers refuse even if is a normal wedding...simply because you aren't a "blue blood" or aren't Irish or because you are.

Some Bakeries are highly selective....(bridezillas beware)
That's just the nature of this business.

I actually refused to bake custom cakes whatsoever. I could have...but I flat out didn't want to. You got what was in the case or you went without.
I still had the reputation of the best eclair in middle TN. I had many many fine offerings.
And if the state of TN tried to force me to bake a pink cake with blue icing I would have used a lot of coarse expletives and essentially said that I would rather sit in jail than to bake that cake.

I had a unique menu that was all mine. Where I have plenty of talent and probably enough bandwidth to make that cake....I still would say "no" just because.

He didn't make the cake because he didn't like the person. I have addressed this many times. He says it's his Christian beliefs that would not allow him to make them a simple cake. As a Christian I can not grasp this.

Customer: I'd like a pink cake with blue frosting to celebrate my transistion.

Baker: I can have that ready Thursday.

Customer: I'm here to pick up my cake I ordered the other day.

Baker: I see where you live in the neighborhood. Do you have a home church and if not, I'd like to invite you to mine.

Instead he runs the person off. I do not understand that.

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy:

My mother (a human construct btw) always said, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Now, there is a city in Colorado that apparently is in need of a Baker that specializes in Transitioning Cakes!

I’d scoop that opportunity up and become stupid wealthy!

You could make sooooooo much money, hell, you could afford to transition!
You are a poster child for wierdness Norm. A cake is a cake. Your sturdy straw man constructs cannot alter that.

He didn't make the cake because he didn't like the person. I have addressed this many times. He says it's his Christian beliefs that would not allow him to make them a simple cake. As a Christian I can not grasp this.

Baker: I see where you live in the neighborhood. Do you have a home church and if not, I'd like to invite you to mine.

And you have what right to understand?

Which groups of people does chikfilet refuse to serve ?
The group that demands a sandwich they don’t supply.

Test it, go to chick fillet and order a Big Mac

You won’t get one regardless of your sex or sexuality.

They don’t provide the product you request.

See how easy it is when you open up your mind like we progressive thinkers do?

The group that demands a sandwich they don’t supply.

Test it, go to chick fillet and order a Big Mac

You won’t get one regardless of your sex or sexuality.

They don’t provide the product you request.

See how easy it is when you open up your mind like we progressive thinkers do?
It isnt possible to deal with that level of stupid.

I understand that....

Baking is a LOT of hard work for pennies....literally.
A baker is a baker because of passion. He is passionate about baking cakes. His very identity goes into every product sold.

Which is why every bakery has their own unique take on their menu. Menus might appear similar but in truth they aren't.

And in a shop like this...if you don't like a customer...they get nothing custom. The Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" is an actually accurate depiction of bakers. We are sour individuals....we don't care. It may seem laughable and counter productive but if you want generic go to Walmart or Publix for a cake....they will be happy to do whatever.

But an independent cake baker's success is built on selective menus and his passion to create your cake. If he doesn't want to make that cake....he won't. My business partner had more than one hissy fit because I refused to make Publix style kids cookies.
One of the first things he did after I left was to bake those cookies.
He made one batch (well he commissioned them as he cant cook)....they went stale. He is in the process of going out of business because of my departure.

But he got his cookies. Whoopee....at the cost of his business. A half million dollar batch of cookies....because that's what he is going to lose from going out of business.

A successful and good chief baker are very rare commodities. Especially for independent bakeries. We don't grow on trees. We can command 6 figure salaries easily. We work for the independent bakeries because we can do what we want and when. We can and will be successful...but the price is total menu control. So usually in order to secure a baker we are given sweat equity. And I can tell you that a pink cake with blue frosting hit that baker the wrong way....and he absolutely doesn't care one bit.

Forum List

Back