Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Yet you hateful vermin put all kind of hate on him because queers.
Uh oh, now ya got Norm humpin' ur leg..

Best let 'im in on the sad truth about Texans, steers, and such..

steer-Texas-longhorn.jpg

Uh, read what you supposedly just disagreed with me about again:

"The result of" what sort of "a law"?
"Public access" or anti-discrimination law.
No discrimination occurring? No.
Then no need for such a law.
Discrimination happening? Yes.
Then a law dealing with it is appropriate ("relevant").

I quoted and paraphrased directly from an unquestionably authoritative source discussing the very clause of the 14th Amendment of which you supposedly speak. You think you "Understand the Law" better than them? Really? You're that full of yourself?
Correction: "Public accommodation".. not
"Public access"

What is meant by public accommodations?

Public accommodations refers to both governmental entities and private businesses that provide services to the general public such as restaurants, movie theaters, libraries and shops. It does not encompass private clubs that have a membership or dues process.

*On June 15, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia that sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination are prohibited under federal sex-based employment protections.

"Love conquers hate."​

Or do you even know the difference between a Horse and a Goldfish?
Oh sure.
But.......
But I gotta admit I am still struggling to identify which of the two cakes in post #494 is the offending "Transition Cake".....and which one was the "Regularl Cake". Truthfully, they seem awfully similar to me.
Does it depend on who eats it to determine which is which?

My avatar had asked for your secret on how to tell the difference.
You couldn't, wouldn't....or at any rate, didn't respond.

Oh sure.
But.......
But I gotta admit I am still struggling to identify which of the two cakes in post #494 is the offending "Transition Cake".....and which one was the "Regularl Cake". Truthfully, they seem awfully similar to me.
Does it depend on who eats it to determine which is which?

My avatar had asked for your secret on how to tell the difference.
You couldn't, wouldn't....or at any rate, didn't respond.

You’ll have to ask the baker. I have “people” that make my cakes.

Colorado’s anti-discrimination laws guarantee equal access to public accommodations, housing, and employment regardless of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status), marital status, family status, religion, national origin, or ancestry.

A place of public accommodation includes any business that is engaged in any sales or offers services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public. This includes all sorts of businesses, such as restaurants, stores, hospitals, health clubs, clinics, schools, etc. Specifically excluded are churches, synagogues, mosques, and other places principally used for religious purposes. In Colorado, it is unlawful for a place of public accommodation to refuse, withhold from, or deny individuals in any of the above listed classifications the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, etc. offered by the place of public accommodation.
at any rate,

Conquer hate​

Accommodate!​

Nope. You see, if the baker was truly devote, he would also have to refuse to sell wedding cakes to...

1) Anyone who lived together before marriage - about 75% of the people who get married now.
2) Any woman wearing pants. Totally prohibited by the bible.
3) Anyone with a tattoo - also prohibited by the bible.
4) Any woman who wasn't a virgin on her wedding night. Pretty much 99% of brides. Might be awkward to ask, though.
5) Anyone serving pork or shellfish at the wedding.

But you miss my point. Why should only the OWNERS of a business have religious protections? It should apply to the wage slaves as well. In fact, it should apply more to the wage slaves, and there's actually case law for this. Such as the two Muslim truck drivers who were fired because they refused to deliver alcohol. Because the company could have assigned other drivers, they were found in violation of the driver's rights.

I was brought up Catholic. using any kind of contraception is a sin. It's a rule nearly all Catholics ignore but for the really crazy ones, it's still a rule.

But that wasn't the point. The point was, could a cashier refuse to ring up condoms because under your logic, it would be a violation of their conscience to sell them?

Nope, they can't even ring it up.

Now this is a case of Muslims being a protected class, the Catholic refusing to sell condoms would still get thrown out on her ass.

There's actually a longer version of this meme, which goes through all the options.

sorry-i-cant-sell-you-those-condoms-because-im-catholic-33982242.png

The point is to show all the absurdities when you allow people to let their superstitions decide who they will do business with.

In the longer version, some of them are men.

In the list you provide, he could make the cake because they are not asking him to make a cake for a celebration, even if they were, you list things that the catholic religion might consider a sin, but a Protestant religion may not. And again, Phillips, to my knowledge, has never to refused to bake a cake just because the customer is gay, he’s only refused 2 cakes, as far as I’m aware, both dealing with a ceremony.

Now, as to your scenario with the Muslim truck drivers, and apparently with Catholics too (again, I’m not a catholic so I had to look it up), but in both cases, we’ll, at least in the Muslim religion, they are forbidden to transport, sell, or cause other people to buy, basically, they are forbidden to have anything to do with intoxicants, likewise, there is something in the catholic religion that says selling condoms would cause others to sin…so, accommodations have to be made. Here the deal though, that’s going to be a tougher sell working at a place like wal mart where it’s expected that the customers may come through your line with items that may be against your religion to sell. What is the store supposed to do? Put up a sign “no condoms this lane” and “no pork products this lane”? No, more than likely if someone has a religious objection to those things, you don’t put them in the checkout line, you put them in another area of the store.

However, in the case of the two truck drivers, the court ruled in FAVOR of protecting their religious liberty…..which is exactly the same thing that’s happening here with the bakery.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
Go to another baker. Stop targeting people because of their religion.

If
The arguments on this thread from our bigoted friends are entertaining but are getting more and more bizarre.

It appears that they want a society where certain folk can only use certain outlets.

Pretty soon it will be to live in certain areas so that they are sperated from the rest of society.

We could call them ghettos.

When will society learn from history ? I guess it is lucky that they are a dwindling part of the community.
If they had refused to bake the cake just because they were gay, you’d have a point, but that’s not the case.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
You can commit adultery, marry three, four, five times, and cheat on all your wives, and these fake bible-compliant bakers will happily bake your third, fourth, fifth wedding cake for you.

You can commit adultery, marry three, four, five times, and cheat on all your wives, and these fake bible-compliant bakers will happily bake your third, fourth, fifth wedding cake for you.
And a gay man can marry his 5th lesbian and will bake them a cake as well.

Adultery is cool now.

Honestly, if two straight males married, which is completely legal, would them still dating women count as adultry? I mean, straight dudes don’t engage in sex together anyway

Forum List

Back