Cognitive Dissonance

Because your pleasure is more important than doing the right thing. Just admit it.

And I just told you I will not tell any woman what they should or should not do. I have no stake in the abortion issue and I already believe that morals are relative you're the one who says they aren't and by choosing to do what you know is wrong makes you immoral.
I already did admit it.

And that’s just you rationalizing your cognitive dissonance. It’s hilarious you are good with abortion and blow your stack on eating meat.

Because your pleasure is more important than doing the right thing. Just admit it.

And I just told you I will not tell any woman what they should or should not do. I have no stake in the abortion issue and I already believe that morals are relative you're the one who says they aren't and by choosing to do what you know is wrong makes you immoral.

If morals are relative then there's nothing wrong with animal abuse, animal torture, exploitation and needless violence and killing. I don't think you really believe that.

I guess you and I see veganism differently. I want other people to go vegan, because that's one less person harming animals. But I know that for most people, being yelled at and condemned does not work. Not only does it not work, it often has the opposite effect and it gives vegans a bad name. There are better ways. But if you just want to argue and debate, then.... I'll get out of your way here. :dunno:

I know most people will not be vegans and Ding already admitted that he's never going to stop eating animals because his pleasure is more important to him and he really doesn't care about the suffering of animals.

I grew up with a heroin addict I know not to try to convince people to try and do what they have no desire to do.

I know most people will not be vegans and Ding already admitted that he's never going to stop eating animals because his pleasure is more important to him and he really doesn't care about the suffering of animals.

I grew up with a heroin addict I know not to try to convince people to try and do what they have no desire to do.
Yes, when will you admit killing a baby in the womb is wrong? I bet you’d think killing a calf in the womb is wrong.

Heck, I think most vegans said that at one point in their life, before their paradigm shift. I know I did, I specifically remember saying "I will NEVER go vegan or vegetarian." Yet here I am. :lol:

But thanks for explaining why you hold your view.

If morals are relative then there's nothing wrong with animal abuse, animal torture, exploitation and needless violence and killing. I don't think you really believe that.

Morals are relative the fact that ideas of what is good and bad have changed over time proves that.

5000 years ago veganism didn't exist because people needed meat to survive. No one thought it was wrong to kill animals to survive

As society changed and technologic advance allows us to easily secure far more calories than we need to survive did people start to consider veganism as an ethical choice.

Morals are relative the fact that ideas of what is good and bad have changed over time proves that.

5000 years ago veganism didn't exist because people needed meat to survive. No one thought it was wrong to kill animals to survive

As society changed and technologic advance allows us to easily secure far more calories than we need to survive did people start to consider veganism as an ethical choice.

I couldn't disagree more. On pretty much everything you said. But I'm not going to get into a debate right, I was just taking a break from some real life work. Maybe i'll get back here later.

Yes, when will you admit killing a baby in the womb is wrong? I bet you’d think killing a calf in the womb is wrong.

I'm not the one claiming absolute morals exist.

Societies decide what is right and wrong and if our society decides women can have abortions I have no power to change it.

I have always said that I think abortion should be limited to the first 12 or 14 weeks and that is my personal moral opinion.

I couldn't disagree more. On pretty much everything you said. But I'm not going to get into a debate right, I was just taking a break from some real life work. Maybe i'll get back here later.
OK

will you make that argument tomorrow?

I'm not the one claiming absolute morals exist.

Societies decide what is right and wrong and if our society decides women can have abortions I have no power to change it.

I have always said that I think abortion should be limited to the first 12 or 14 weeks and that is my personal moral opinion.
Is abortion right or wrong? Yes or no.

Your rationalizing abortion as moral would be an example of that.

Is this an excuse or a rationalization?

Simple question. Is abortion wrong? Yes or no.
See now you think you have some gotcha here but you have to find where I stated that I think abortion is wrong.

Can you do that? No you just stated that abortion is always wrong and attributed that sentiment to me.

My position on it has always been that abortion should be limited to a time frame of no more than 12-maybe 16 weeks or so unless there is a fatal abnormality in the fetus or the mother's life is in jeopardy.

Now YOU can disagree with my position but you will find no evidence that I ever said abortion at any time during pregnancy was wrong.

If you want to discuss why I hold my position i will tell you but it won't be an excuse like saying "I'm weak and selfish:" it will be a reasoned position that I take full ownership of.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back