Cognitive Dissonance

You made an excuse as to why you will continue to eat meat even though you said your self it was wrong. It's no different than making an excuse to molest children.

A child molester will say he is weak but you would not accept that excuse would you?

So your morality is obviously flexible and if it is flexible then your morality is relative.
No. It wasn’t an excuse. Apparently you aren’t satisfied with me saying I am choosing to do something I know is wrong. Apparently you think that requires making an excuse. I’m not excusing it. I am telling it like it is.

No. It wasn’t an excuse. Apparently you aren’t satisfied with me saying I am choosing to do something I know is wrong. Apparently you think that requires making an excuse. I’m not excusing it. I am telling it like it is.

You are making the excuse that you are weak and you have made that excuse many times.

An excuse IS a rationalization

You are making the excuse that you are weak and you have made that excuse many times.

An excuse IS a rationalization
Im not excusing my behavior, dummy. I am admitting it’s wrong.

I think you must be so used to rationalizing your behaviors as good and just that you can’t recognize when others don’t do that.

Im not excusing my behavior, dummy. I am admitting it’s wrong.

I think you must be so used to rationalizing your behaviors as good and just that you can’t recognize when others don’t do that.
By saying you are are weak THAT is your excuse for doing something you say you know is wrong.

You never said I eat meat because my pleasures are far more important to me than any suffering my choices may cause.

At least then you wouldn't be making the excuse of being weak and selfish and just revealing yourself to be a shitty person.

By saying you are are weak THAT is your excuse for doing something you say you know is wrong.

You never said I eat meat because my pleasures are far more important to me than any suffering my choices may cause.

At least then you wouldn't be making the excuse of being weak and selfish and just revealing yourself to be a shitty person.
Again…. I’m not excusing my behavior. I am admitting that it is wrong. I am admitting that I will continue to choose doing it. So I’m not making any excuses, dummy.

Why do I need an excuse for something I plan on continuing to do?

Again…. I’m not excusing my behavior. I am admitting that it is wrong. I am admitting that I will continue to choose doing it. So I’m not making any excuses, dummy.

Whenever you say you eat meat because you are selfish and weak you are making excuses.

I don't know what you don't undersdtand about that.

You have NEVER made the affirmative statement that you eat meat because your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering your choices cause.

You say I know it's wrong but I do it because I am weak.

Once again that is the very definition of rationalization.

I'll ask again if a child molester told you he rapes kids because he is weak is that not a rationalization?

Why do I need an excuse for something I plan on continuing to do?

You tell me because you have used the excuse of weakness over and over again you obviously have some reason to keep using hat excuse

Whenever you say you eat meat because you are selfish and weak you are making excuses.

I don't know what you don't undersdtand about that.

You have NEVER made the affirmative statement that you eat meat because your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering your choices cause.

You say I know it's wrong but I do it because I am weak.

Once again that is the very definition of rationalization.

I'll ask again if a child molester told you he rapes kids because he is weak is that not a rationalization?
Do you normally make excuses for things you will continue to do?

Aren’t excuses reserved for things you don’t plan on doing anymore?

Wouldn’t making an excuse be hollow if you had no intention of changing what you were doing?

Get it out of your system.

So then where is the positive affirmation of why you continue to eat meat without the excuses of weakness and selfishness?

Stop blaming character flaws for your behavior.

Do you normally make excuses for things you will continue to do?

Aren’t excuses reserved for things you don’t plan on doing anymore?

Wouldn’t making an excuse be hollow if you had no intention of changing what you were doing?

You are by blaming your weakness and selfishness.

But you are in denial that you use those excuses. You have used them so much it seems you don't even know you use them

So then where is the positive affirmation of why you continue to eat meat without the excuses of weakness and selfishness?

Stop blaming character flaws for your behavior.
I’m not making an excuse, dummy.

I don’t need an excuse for something I don’t plan on changing.

I don’t care if you think that makes me a shitty person.

You are by blaming your weakness and selfishness.

But you are in denial that you use those excuses. You have used them so much it seems you don't even know you use them
Incorrect. I can’t explain it any better than I already have.

It’s called a statement of fact, dummy.
No it is an excuse.

You can decide what you eat or do not eat you are claiming your character flaw of weakness prevents you from making a choice.

once again that is a rationalization.

No it is an excuse.

You can decide what you eat or do not eat you are claiming your character flaw of weakness prevents you from making a choice.

once again that is a rationalization.
Believe whatever you want to believe. I’m just glad we got this exchange on the record.

I’m not making an excuse, dummy.

I don’t need an excuse for something I don’t plan on changing.

I don’t care if you think that makes me a shitty person.
I eat meat even though I know it is wrong BECAUSE I am weak that is an excuse by definition stop living in denial.

If your morality was not subjective YOU would think you are a shitty person for doing what you say you know is wrong. Would you be so glib if your weakness led you to rape little boys?

Believe whatever you want to believe. I’m just glad we got this exchange on the record.

Yes you have proven your morality is subjective and that you don't care if you do the very things you consider to be wrong.

Forum List

Back