Coca-Cola required ID in 2020 shareholder meeting, but slams Georgia for voter ID law

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Hypocrites.

It's so important to protect the sanctity of our shareholders and keep the riff raff out, but, the sanctity of your vote is not important to us.

Coca-Cola has released a statement condemning Georgia’s new voting legislation, but the company requires valid ID to be admitted to its annual meeting of shareholders.

“At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify your registration and request to see your admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport,” the company wrote in reference to its 2020 annual meeting of shareholders, held before the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgia’s new voting law requires a drivers’ license or state ID number be listed to submit an absentee ballot to vote, among other new reforms. The state already required ID to vote in person. It had previously relied on signature matching to verify ballots.

Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta. This week, the beverage company, among other Georgia-based companies, issued statements condemning the new legislation after threats of boycott.

Hypocrites.

It's so important to protect the sanctity of our shareholders and keep the riff raff out, but, the sanctity of your vote is not important to us.

Coca-Cola has released a statement condemning Georgia’s new voting legislation, but the company requires valid ID to be admitted to its annual meeting of shareholders.

“At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify your registration and request to see your admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport,” the company wrote in reference to its 2020 annual meeting of shareholders, held before the coronavirus pandemic.

Georgia’s new voting law requires a drivers’ license or state ID number be listed to submit an absentee ballot to vote, among other new reforms. The state already required ID to vote in person. It had previously relied on signature matching to verify ballots.

Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta. This week, the beverage company, among other Georgia-based companies, issued statements condemning the new legislation after threats of boycott.

I suppose a Coca-Cola board meeting is a right then.

Hypocrites.

Since voting is a right, you have to make sure those doing it actually are entitled to that right. Non-citizens do not have that right, so verification of citizenship is a logical prerequisite.

Hypocrites.

Since voting is a right, you have to make sure those doing it actually are entitled to that right. Non-citizens do not have that right, so verification of citizenship is a logical prerequisite.

Well, maybe. But that point in time is NOT at the polling station. It's beforehand.

Hypocrites.

Well, maybe. But that point in time is NOT at the polling station. It's beforehand.
Most other countries do it in multiple stages. There's a registration period, and then you have to show ID at the polls.

The only valid argument I've seen from the left on this is that the ID should be paid for by taxes. I'm ok with that. If the left is willing to support voter ID in exchange for the ID being "free" for the poor, then so be it.

Hypocrites.

Most other countries do it in multiple stages. There's a registration period, and then you have to show ID at the polls.

The only valid argument I've seen from the left on this is that the ID should be paid for by taxes. I'm ok with that. If the left is willing to support voter ID in exchange for the ID being "free" for the poor, then so be it.

Yes, you'd have to make sure people aren't getting disenfranchised.

The problem in the US is there is no form of ID that is required. Something about freedom and not wanting the government to have all this information.

So, either you go with a big government bureaucracy giving ID cards, or you don't show ID at the polls.

Hypocrites.

The problem in the US is there is no form of ID that is required. Something about freedom and not wanting the government to have all this information.

So, either you go with a big government bureaucracy giving ID cards, or you don't show ID at the polls.
"Big government" makes sense when it comes to securing elections. It's one of the few roles that government should be charged with.

Hypocrites.

"Big government" makes sense when it comes to securing elections. It's one of the few roles that government should be charged with.

Perhaps.

My issue here is that voter ID is unnecessary.

The US doesn't have proper democracy. It has a rubbish system that doesn't listen to the will of the people, hardly even gives the people a real choice. It's like elections in Hong Kong where you get to choose between three pro-Xi choices.

What's the point of caring who votes, when even if everyone is legitimate, the result isn't democracy?

Perhaps.

My issue here is that voter ID is unnecessary.

The US doesn't have proper democracy. It has a rubbish system that doesn't listen to the will of the people, hardly even gives the people a real choice. It's like elections in Hong Kong where you get to choose between three pro-Xi choices.

What's the point of caring who votes, when even if everyone is legitimate, the result isn't democracy?
Oh I agree. I'm just saying that, from the perspective of assuming voting actually matters, identification matters.

But yes, I don't vote. I realize we have an illusion of choice. Now, if I lived in Japan, Taiwan, or Poland, then I'd actually vote if I was a citizen. Those countries seem to have actual choices.

Hypocrites.

If I were the State of Georgia, I'd run an ad on billboards showing Coke's double standard!

It's all about turning the U.S. into a Red Chinese franchise. These corps love the labor practices and totalitarian mentality of their Cadre buddies there, and they can count on the Democratic Party to force it on the U.S.; they have the stupidest, most degenerate base they can rely on.

There is nothing more pathetic than butthurt Trumpers.

Actually you dumbass corporate shills are in for the biggest surprises; your stupidity is only temporarily useful, and after the coup is complete you will be the first to get exterminated, since your stupidity will no longer be a useful asset to the Cadre and its business partners. You will be depreciated out of the culture soon. that's why the big rush to bring in criminal illegal aliens; they work a lot cheaper and are too stupid and amoral to get up any kind of revolt, which is why their countries are such shitholes in the first place.

Hypocrites.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There is a fundamental right to vote; there is no ‘right’ to attend a shareholders’ meeting.

Hypocrites.

Attending a shareholders’ meeting is not a ‘right,’ however – hence the false comparison fallacy.

Hypocrites.

in my state the govt does give out IDs...they have what's called a department of motor vehicles

Hypocrites.

Attending a shareholders’ meeting is not a ‘right,’ however – hence the false comparison fallacy.
it is certainly a right..you have the right to own property in this country...that includes a company, or shares of a company. If you own shares of a company you have a right to go to share holder meetings.

Obviously, Coke who thinks minorities are too stupid to get an ID, also doesn't want them owning or partaking in company policies.

Hypocrites.

in my state the govt does give out IDs...they have what's called a department of motor vehicles

Which you have to pass a test to get.

So, are you saying anyone who chooses not to take the test can't vote?

Why would driving be a requirement to exercise a right?

"Sorry sir, you didn't pass the driving test, no guns for you".

Hypocrites.

it is certainly a right..you have the right to own property in this country...that includes a company, or shares of a company. If you own shares of a company you have a right to go to share holder meetings.

Obviously, Coke who thinks minorities are too stupid to get an ID, also doesn't want them owning or partaking in company policies.

Is it a RIGHT to own property? Or is it something that you can just do?

There's a big difference.

Forum List

Back