CNN fact checker slams Biden’s claim that he reduced federal deficit

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Twas a stupid claim by Biden.

But it is nice to see you all care about such things again, even if it is just till the next election.

I'd like to think that things will be as right as rain afterwards but going to take more than a while to unfuck what Tater's handlers have done and are yet to do.

I am 56 and things have not been right as rain my entire adult life. Matters not who is sitting in the White House.

It is the typical bullshit other administrations have claimed.
All of them are lying sack of shits. Republican or Democrat.
But this claim by Biden does indeed take the cake.
Why is it different than other past ridiculous claims?
Because if it was up to Biden, not only would there be no deficit reduction - but he would have INCREASED the deficit by nearly $2 Trillion if his plans would have past. Thank God they didn't.
So to say his administration reduced the deficits is truly bizarro world.

I am 56 and things have not been right as rain my entire adult life. Matters not who is sitting in the White House.
I guess the ultimate measure is how well you are doing. I did gangbusters under Trump, but I had to go to "alternate methods" when Tater was installed like a toilet but that is what it is.

We already talked about the $10.00 a pound bacon but I went into the dollar store to pick-up some Insure for my mom who had run out.....$10.25 for six, that's up over $3.00 from just a couple of weeks ago.

I figured OK the dollar store is some times higher so I checked Walmart....Over $11.00 for six and that is if you buy the 24 count. I usually get it from Costco.

I mean when is this shit going to end? I pay for it myself because I can afford it but food prices have to be devastating for older people with no other support.

I guess the ultimate measure is how well you are doing. I did gangbusters under Trump, but I had to go to "alternate methods" when Tater was installed like a toilet but that is what it is.

We already talked about the $10.00 a pound bacon but I went into the dollar store to pick-up some Insure for my mom who had run out.....$10.25 for six, that's up over $3.00 from just a couple of weeks ago.

I figured OK the dollar store is some times higher so I checked Walmart....Over $11.00 for six and that is if you buy the 24 count. I usually get it from Costco.

I mean when is this shit going to end? I pay for it myself because I can afford it but food prices have to be devastating for older people with no other support.

That is always the measure. I did well under Obama and under Trump, no better under one than the other.

I got out of the Marine Corps in 2009 in the heart of the recession. Found out very quickly how little 20 years of military service means to most employers. Thus by 2013 I had finished by Bachelors and Masters and started my current career. My wife got her RN in Dec of 2012. Since that time our family income has increased more than 3 fold while our expenses have gone down as our children have grown up.

Between the two of us we know make more than I ever dreamed of as a single income Marine Corps family.

The price increases will not end for a little while, too much going on the world right now for that to happen. Most of what is happening right now would be happening no matter who won the previous election.

.... Most of what is happening right now would be happening no matter who won the previous election.
I don't think that is accurate.
Love him or hate him aside, the 4 years while Trump was President was the only 4 year period since the 80s where Russia made zero military engagements.
I don't believe Trump would have extended the Covid unemployment giveaways the second time like Biden did. I also believe Trump would have ended a lot of the Covid giveaways earlier. I could be wrong on that, I was totally against the first Covid giveaway that Trump did ($1200 per adult household member) That was bullshit. He was trying to buy votes.
The $4.5 trillion Covid spending is a BIG reason why prices have raised through the roof.
Also I believe Trump would have addressed the shipping nightmare that Biden basically ignored for damn near a year. And still hasn't properly addressed,
So, no I don't think things would be like this regardless who won the last election.

Love him or hate him aside, the 4 years while Trump was President was the only 4 year period since the 80s where Russia made zero military engagements.

Is that because Putin was buds with or afraid of Trump? We will never know for sure.

I don't believe Trump would have extended the Covid unemployment giveaways the second time like Biden did. I also believe Trump would have ended a lot of the Covid giveaways earlier. I could be wrong on that, I was totally against the first Covid giveaway that Trump did ($1200 per adult household member) That was bullshit. He was trying to buy votes.
The $4.5 trillion Covid spending is a BIG reason why prices have raised through the roof.

Trump wanted the last round of COIVID checks to be almost 3 times bigger than they were. Would Trump have refused to sign the bill with the extra UE if he got his bigger checks? But I do agree with you that the over spending on COIVD is the main culprit with the rising prices.

Also I believe Trump would have addressed the shipping nightmare that Biden basically ignored for damn near a year. And still hasn't properly addressed,

Not sure what the Fed Govt can do to fix it. Trump would not have had the stupid ass vaccine mandate try, but I am not sure that really caused too much damage or was the cause of the shipping nightmare.

Forum List

Back