Clowning Without Borders Aims To Give Refugees Another Way To Heal

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I am sure all the readers will be happy that these unfortunate children are having a little entertainment to keep their minds off of their terrible circumstances.

Clowning Without Borders Aims To Give Refugees Another Way To Heal
JANUARY 02, 2015 8:09 PM ET
partner content from

LAURA SECORUN-PALET
ap396664969448_wide-68313625474c2d329e7b2206df48e81aa09d6ebb-s1100-c15.jpg
i
Lebanese clown Sabine Choucair, a member of "Clowns Without Borders," performs for children in June at a Syrian refugee camp in the eastern town of Chtoura, Lebanon.

Bilal Hussein/AP
On a cold November morning, 300 children gather in a soccer field in Zaatari, a Jordanian village next to the country's largest refugee camp.

PARALLELS
A Syrian Refugee Camp With Girl Scouts And A Safeway Store

MIDDLE EAST
As Numbers Swell, Syrian Refugees Face New Woes

Most of them are Syrians who fled from Homs with their families and now live in makeshift tents in what was already a poor rural area. But today the children are not lining up to collect food coupons or clothes from NGOs: They are here to watch the clowns.

On the "stage" — a space in front of a velvet curtain covering the goal — a tall, blond woman performs a handstand while doing the splits, while two other performers run around clapping and making funny faces. As the upside-down woman pretends to fall, the children burst into laughter.

Continue reading at:

Clowning Without Borders Aims To Give Refugees Another Way To Heal NPR?

The trials and tribulations of a world gone mad.

Lifting the burdens of a child is a most noble endeavor.

It certainly is. Too bad they aren't entertained more often. Compare our lives when we were their age to what they are going through now, and how lucky we were.

It certainly is. Too bad they aren't entertained more often. Compare our lives when we were their age to what they are going through now, and how lucky we were.
Actually, when I was their age my life was pretty fug dup.

Many people have had lousy childhood, Mr. H., and I am sorry to hear that yours was one of them. However, nothing can compare to what these children have gone through and will probably be going through for a long time.

Many people have had lousy childhood, Mr. H., and I am sorry to hear that yours was one of them. However, nothing can compare to what these children have gone through and will probably be going through for a long time.
Won't argue with that.

Maybe I should report to Dante 's pity thread. :dunno:

Sally, do you again report about clowns? Why dont you go there then and tell those people that the terrorist clowns they fled are lawful rebels. That would make you the most laughable clown.

clowns have always worked well for treating children in hospitals. The use for refugees seems logical.

Sally, do you again report about clowns? Why dont you go there then and tell those people that the terrorist clowns they fled are lawful rebels. That would make you the most laughable clown.

I don't think the pipsqueak in Germany realizes that he is one of the biggest clowns on this forum. As you can see, folks, it was killing him that the children were having some entertainment to take their minds off all their troubles. Maybe Bozo, the Assad cheerleader, would stick on a big red nose and flopppy shoes and go and entertain the children himself. He can tell them that Assad sent him.

Won't argue with that.

Maybe I should report to Dante 's pity thread. :dunno:

such a pity

I don't think the pipsqueak in Germany realizes that he is one of the biggest clowns on this forum. As you can see, folks, it was killing him that the children were having some entertainment to take their minds off all their troubles. Maybe Bozo, the Assad cheerleader, would stick on a big red nose and flopppy shoes and go and entertain the children himself. He can tell them that Assad sent him.
But Sally. Assad sends aid to the people, not fucking clowns. You can ask the WHO.
WHO EMRO WHO and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent reach eastern Aleppo and Mouadamiya in Rural Damascus News Media centre

But Sally. Assad sends aid to the people, not fucking clowns. You can ask the WHO.
WHO EMRO WHO and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent reach eastern Aleppo and Mouadamiya in Rural Damascus News Media centre

Syria UN urged to defy Assad on aid or risk lives of hundreds of thousands World news The Guardian

Syria UN urged to defy Assad on aid or risk lives of hundreds of thousands World news The Guardian
Sending aid to terrorists will not benefit the few civilians there. Would you want to be responsible for bolstering terrorists by delivering the wishing table to them?

We are not talking about your hero Assad in this thread. It is about children in a war-torn country having a little entertainment so that they can forget their troubles for a while. If you can't agree that this is a good thing for the children, then you shouldn't be posting on this thread. There are other threads into which you can drag your hero.

We are not talking about your hero Assad in this thread. It is about children in a war-torn country having a little entertainment so that they can forget their troubles for a while. If you can't agree that this is a good thing for the children, then you shouldn't be posting on this thread. There are other threads into which you can drag your hero.
It was you who who brought Assad into the discussion.

Really??? Can you pinpoint where I dragged in your hero in my original post? It was you who had nothing good to say about these childrem being able to have some entertainment, and you still can't say anything good about it.

Really??? Can you pinpoint where I dragged in your hero in my original post? It was you who had nothing good to say about these childrem being able to have some entertainment, and you still can't say anything good about it.
Its post 12, dumbass.

Forum List

Back