Egypt’s President: Islamic ‘Thinking’ Is ‘Antagonizing the Entire World’

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't agree with everything General al-Sisi says or does, but I think he is right on this one.

Jan. 2, 2015 12:01pm
Raymond Ibrahim

Speaking before Al-Azhar and the Awqaf Ministry on New Year’s Day, 2015, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, a vocal supporter for a renewed vision of Islam, made what must be his most forceful and impassioned plea to date on the subject.

Among other things, Sisi said that the “corpus of [Islamic] texts and ideas that we have sacralized over the years” are “antagonizing the entire world”; that it is not “possible that 1.6 billion people [reference to the world’s Muslims] should want to kill the rest of the world’s inhabitants—that is 7 billion—so that they themselves may live”; and that Egypt (or the Islamic world in its entirety) “is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost—and it is being lost by our own hands.”

The relevant excerpt from Sisi’s speech follows (translation by Michele Antaki):

I am referring here to the religious clerics. We have to think hard about what we are facing—and I have, in fact, addressed this topic a couple of times before. It’s inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire umma[Islamic world] to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world. Impossible!

Continue reading at:

Egypt 8217 s President Islamic 8216 Thinking 8217 Is 8216 Antagonizing the Entire World 8217 TheBlaze.com

I don't agree with everything General al-Sisi says or does, but I think he is right on this one.

Raymond Ibrahim

Speaking before Al-Azhar and the Awqaf Ministry on New Year’s Day, 2015, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, a vocal supporter for a renewed vision of Islam, made what must be his most forceful and impassioned plea to date on the subject.

Among other things, Sisi said that the “corpus of [Islamic] texts and ideas that we have sacralized over the years” are “antagonizing the entire world”; that it is not “possible that 1.6 billion people [reference to the world’s Muslims] should want to kill the rest of the world’s inhabitants—that is 7 billion—so that they themselves may live”; and that Egypt (or the Islamic world in its entirety) “is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost—and it is being lost by our own hands.”

The relevant excerpt from Sisi’s speech follows (translation by Michele Antaki):

I am referring here to the religious clerics. We have to think hard about what we are facing—and I have, in fact, addressed this topic a couple of times before. It’s inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire umma[Islamic world] to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world. Impossible!

Continue reading at:

Egypt 8217 s President Islamic 8216 Thinking 8217 Is 8216 Antagonizing the Entire World 8217 TheBlaze.com

sally I am surprised that al sisi survived his speech

The Martin Luther of Islam?

The harbinger of a long-overdue and badly-needed and genuine Islamic Reformation?

Nahhhhhhhhhh..... they haven't got it in 'em..... much easier to blame everybody BUT themselves for their image-problems...

Still..... every so often..... a brave and honest soul like this... with the courage to tell it like it is.

The harbinger of a long-overdue and badly-needed and genuine Islamic Reformation?

Nahhhhhhhhhh..... they haven't got it in 'em..... much easier to blame everybody BUT themselves for their image-problems...

Still..... every so often..... a brave and honest soul like this... with the courage to tell it like it is.

how long do you think al sisi has to live?

Raymond Ibrahim

Continue reading at:

Maybe Egypt will lead the way in cleansing the Middle East from these Islamic lunatics. Who knows. What is certain that the Muslim world is still living in the medeival ages and in dire need of a leader like Turkey's Attaturk who modernized the nation and removed the filth of Islam from influencing the government affairs.

Nobody understands the dangers of Islamism like Muslims themselves.

how long do you think al sisi has to live?

There is a chain of command I'm sure. If Sissi goes another will take over. It would be fair to assume that they know and are ready for all possibilities. They will not let another situation like the Sadat assassination ever occur again.

Raymond Ibrahim

Continue reading at:

Maybe Egypt will lead the way in cleansing the Middle East from these Islamic lunatics. Who knows. What is certain that the Muslim world is still living in the medeival ages and in dire need of a leader like Turkey's Attaturk who modernized the nation and removed the filth of Islam from influencing the government affairs.

One thing for sure, Roudy, you would have never seen this under the Morsi regime.

Copts Egyptian government plan extra security for January 7 Christmas services News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Raymond Ibrahim

Continue reading at:

One thing for sure, Roudy, you would have never seen this under the Morsi regime.

Copts Egyptian government plan extra security for January 7 Christmas services News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Of course not. Morsi was an Islamist that wanted to take Egypt back to the dark ages and cause another war with Israel.

The funny part is when the protests began, the Muslim Brotherhood promised they would NEVER run a candidate if Mubarak was removed and elections were held. And when Mubarek was forced out by Obama, suddenly, the Muslim Brotherhood pops up their candidate Morsi. Rule number one, never trust an Islamist.

The people then watched Morsi slowly but surely take away everything they fought for and attempt an Islamic takeover of the country and the military. It was then that the army made their move to save the country from becoming a second Iran.

Morsi was a great leader and hero of Egypt.

Eventually another like him will pick up the Islamic banner and free the Egyptian people from the zionist backed dictators and tyrants. .... :thup:

Raymond Ibrahim

Continue reading at:

When the world is going to hell it says two things about the ones in the lead. ISIS is in the lead.

The Egyptian people will never allow another Islamic group to gain power. In a few years the Egyptian military will have removed every last one of these Islamic animals off the streets and put them in cages where they belong.

Forum List

Back