Climate Change & Alternative Energy Conundrum

idb

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2010
"Wind is God’s way of balancing heat. Wind is the way you shift heat from areas where it’s hotter to areas where it’s cooler. That’s what wind is. Wouldn’t it be ironic if in the interest of global warming we mandated massive switches to energy, which is a finite resource, which slows the winds down, which causes the temperature to go up?
So says Representative Joe Barton - Chairman Emeritus of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

And that got me worrying and wondering about the unintended consequences of alternative energy.
Then I realised that it could all work out because, if we shift our focus to solar energy instead of wind, well, those solar panels would just soak up all of the sun's rays that are making us hotter...problem solved.

I am not sure it works that way, will it 'soak' up heat a block away so I am not hot where I am sitting?

I'm not a scientist, but I expect so.
The hot air that is carrying the solar rays would hit the panels and the rays would be sucked into the panels.
The cooler air would now sink to the ground and flow away from the panels and hopefully to your house.

"Wind is God’s way of balancing heat. Wind is the way you shift heat from areas where it’s hotter to areas where it’s cooler. That’s what wind is. Wouldn’t it be ironic if in the interest of global warming we mandated massive switches to energy, which is a finite resource, which slows the winds down, which causes the temperature to go up?
So says Representative Joe Barton - Chairman Emeritus of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

And that got me worrying and wondering about the unintended consequences of alternative energy.
Then I realised that it could all work out because, if we shift our focus to solar energy instead of wind, well, those solar panels would just soak up all of the sun's rays that are making us hotter...problem solved.

Windy joe needs to get with al waxman who said that when ice melts at the pole the tundra will float away... Thats the same House Committee. Must be where they stash the special cases.....

Emeritus tells me this could be dementia...

That's the kind of shit you typically find in a Muslim country.:eek:

Three guesses as to which political party and from which state Joe Barton(R Tx) belongs... and the first two don't count.

LOL. The logic of these hypothesis is truly a wonderful demonstration of the intellectual ability of 'Conservatives'.

Actually it's just a demonstration of why Congress shouldn't have the powers they have to meddle in shit they know nothing about.. And this guy was on the ENERGY committee.. Just like that brainiac maniac Waxmann.. They ALL need some humility..

What some wild-ass hysterical quotes from the Leftist side? Got a million of them...
That's the advantage of not being a Dem or a Rep...

From about 3 gw in 2000 to 60 gw in 12 years. Now that is an enviable growth rate;

Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach: U.S. Installed Wind Capacity

U.S. Solar Industry Continues to Boom
•There are now over 9,370 MW of cumulative solar electric capacity operating in the U.S., enough to power more than 1.5 million average American homes.
• It is expected that by the end of 2013, a solar project will have been installed, on average, every four minutes in the U.S.
•The utility market had another strong quarter. 38 projects, totaling over 450 MW, came online throughout Q2 2013.

Solar Industry Data | SEIA

Each year gets better.

LOL. The logic of these hypothesis is truly a wonderful demonstration of the intellectual ability of 'Conservatives'.

He's a politician. You think Democrats are any better? If so, I give you Al Gore. I give you the moron Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Georgia) who asked if the U.S. territory of Guam would "tip over" if the population increased.

Congressman are selected by voters, who are morons on the average. Why do you expect them to be any better?

He's a politician. You think Democrats are any better? If so, I give you Al Gore. I give you the moron Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Georgia) who asked if the U.S. territory of Guam would "tip over" if the population increased.

Congressman are selected by voters, who are morons on the average. Why do you expect them to be any better?

I'm quite certain there are also ignorant democrats in Congress. But Al Gore isn't one of them. For one thing, he hasn't run for political office in over 13 years now. For another, his grasp of science - global warming in particular - is better than many in this group... yours in particular Paddy.

I'm quite certain there are also ignorant democrats in Congress. But Al Gore isn't one of them. For one thing, he hasn't run for political office in over 13 years now. For another, his grasp of science - global warming in particular - is better than many in this group... yours in particular Paddy.

REALLY?? THe guy who said geothermal was a godsend because the earth is MILLIONS OF DEGREES just a short distance below the surface?

Yet his climate knowledge is still way above yours.

It's not because Gore is brilliant. If someone can feed and dress themselves, they almost certainly have a better grasp of climate science than even the smartest denialist.

Forum List

Back