Climate Change Adovicate- Where is your inflection point?

Wrong....Humans need CO2 to trigger the breathing impulse.
OK, I'll take your word for that. Which atmospheric gases does the human body need to survive? It would be really helpful if you could please specify the rough amount too. Thank you! | eNotes
Even though that link doesn't support that claim
The thread title has a spelling error, which always triggers my "kick sand" reflex.
I was in the EMS pipeline at one time....That CO2 buildup triggers the impulse to breathe is a physiological fact....This is why taking booze away from clinical alcoholics will kill them....Their bodies have become acclimated to the elevated CO2 bloodstream levels from decades of ETOH abuse, to the point that if you take the booze away their lizard brain will think that everything is fine and they don't need to draw their next breath.

I just researched "yawning" as to why it is and what it does. There is no real confirmed explanation. I thought it was due to CO2 buildup in the blood and the body gets a good deep breath to get back to good O2 & CO2 levels. But no.
Then there was a study about brain temperature. No again.
Then there was a monkey study, no results, could be everything or nothing.
Just sayin', CO2 levels in the blood varies somewhat, not sure that variance triggers breathing rates, or breathing depths, or yawns??

Yawn - Wikipedia
"Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a colorless gas that comprises approximately 0.04% of Earth’s atmosphere. In the human body, carbon dioxide is formed from the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids, in a process known as cellular respiration. While cellular respiration is notable for being a source of ATP, it also generates the waste product, CO2. The body gets rid of excess CO2 by breathing it out. However, CO2 in its normal range from 38 to 42 mm Hg plays various roles in the human body. It regulates the pH of blood, stimulates breathing, and influences the affinity hemoglobin has for oxygen (O2). Fluctuations in CO2 levels are highly regulated and can cause disturbances in the human body if normal levels are not maintained."

Physiology, Carbon Dioxide Retention - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

It does cause yawning and it does trigger breathing...

This is the 2nd sentence from the OP. "CO2 is where humans get their oxygen and plants get their food."
Is this true or wrong?
Add to that the OP title misspelling and my judgment as to the authors stupidity.
CO2 is where humans get their oxygen and plants get their food.
Thats only half true. Plants produce food with CO2. Breathing oxygen creates CO2.

OK, I'll take your word for that. Which atmospheric gases does the human body need to survive? It would be really helpful if you could please specify the rough amount too. Thank you! | eNotes
Even though that link doesn't support that claim
The thread title has a spelling error, which always triggers my "kick sand" reflex.
I was in the EMS pipeline at one time....That CO2 buildup triggers the impulse to breathe is a physiological fact....This is why taking booze away from clinical alcoholics will kill them....Their bodies have become acclimated to the elevated CO2 bloodstream levels from decades of ETOH abuse, to the point that if you take the booze away their lizard brain will think that everything is fine and they don't need to draw their next breath.

I just researched "yawning" as to why it is and what it does. There is no real confirmed explanation. I thought it was due to CO2 buildup in the blood and the body gets a good deep breath to get back to good O2 & CO2 levels. But no.
Just sayin', CO2 levels in the blood varies somewhat, not sure that variance triggers breathing rates, or breathing depths, or yawns??

Yawn - Wikipedia
"Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a colorless gas that comprises approximately 0.04% of Earth’s atmosphere. In the human body, carbon dioxide is formed from the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids, in a process known as cellular respiration. While cellular respiration is notable for being a source of ATP, it also generates the waste product, CO2. The body gets rid of excess CO2 by breathing it out. However, CO2 in its normal range from 38 to 42 mm Hg plays various roles in the human body. It regulates the pH of blood, stimulates breathing, and influences the affinity hemoglobin has for oxygen (O2). Fluctuations in CO2 levels are highly regulated and can cause disturbances in the human body if normal levels are not maintained."

This is the 2nd sentence from the OP. "CO2 is where humans get their oxygen and plants get their food."
Is this true or wrong?
Add to that the OP title misspelling and my judgment as to the authors stupidity.
Thats only half true. Plants produce food with CO2. Breathing oxygen creates CO2.

1. CO2 is not where humans get their oxygen
2. CO2 is not where plants get their food.

Plants convert CO2 to O2 via photosynthesis with sunlight and various nutrients from soil. Nutrients are "food" not CO2.
Humans get their oxygen from O2 not CO2

"CO2 is where humans get their oxygen and plants get their food."

Both are true...

Plants use CO2 created by humans to process food in photosynthesis which results in O2 being produced. It is not however the only source of O2. Water is a major player in O2 production as it is in CO2 retention or expulsion simply due to levels in the atmosphere and the waters temperature. Cold water sucks up CO2 and warming water expels it.

Yawn - Wikipedia

Is this true or wrong?

1. CO2 is not where humans get their oxygen
2. CO2 is not where plants get their food.

Plants convert CO2 to O2 via photosynthesis with sunlight and various nutrients from soil. Nutrients are "food" not CO2.
Humans get their oxygen from O2 not CO2
If there was no CO2 plants would be unable to manufacture carbs for food.

Both are true...

Plants use CO2 created by humans to process food in photosynthesis which results in O2 being produced. It is not however the only source of O2. Water is a major player in O2 production as it is in CO2 retention or expulsion simply due to levels in the atmosphere and the waters temperature. Cold water sucks up CO2 and warming water expels it.
Nope. If there were zero humans on the planet, plants would still have CO2.

Both are true...

Air_components_graph-300x198.gif

This is the atmospheric air gas composition.
CO2 is 0.03%, so please excuse my skepticism at the OPs hypothesis.

This one is rather easy...

I would also suggest that this much CO2 change would occur over evolutionary time scales ... life would continue to flourish ... insignificant lower rodents might die off but who cares ...
Heres the problem with that train of thought. Humans are not smart enough to predict what the consequences are of having those "insignificant lower" rodents die off. For example. Europeans almost wiped themselves when they got it into their heads to kill off cats because they believed they were the devil. Turns out those cats killed rats that carried the plague.
But you kne that because it was written down in books. Where as the rest of the world had nothing to show for their ways. But we know the were so much smarter. In Africa they went to the moon and back. And in Asia they built hundreds of under the ocean cities. Those backward Europeans only have majestic buildings and sewer systems and aquaducts and primitive power systems and so much more mundane things from those older eras. To have went to the moon and visited one of those large under the ocean cities. Lucky bastards!

Both are true...

Lets make this simple...

Do humans breath O2? Yes
Do humans breath out CO2? Yes
Do plants breath out created O2? YES
Do plants breath in CO2? YES

While plants can not provide all of our O2 needs they are a big part of the earths respiration process. CO2 is created in degrading plants and animals so the creation of CO2 is not all a human thing..

Technically the OP is correct.

This one is rather easy...

I would also suggest that this much CO2 change would occur over evolutionary time scales ... life would continue to flourish ... insignificant lower rodents might die off but who cares ...
Heres the problem with that train of thought. Humans are not smart enough to predict what the consequences are of having those "insignificant lower" rodents die off. For example. Europeans almost wiped themselves when they got it into their heads to kill off cats because they believed they were the devil. Turns out those cats killed rats that carried the plague.
But you kne that because it was written down in books. Where as the rest of the world had nothing to show for their ways. But we know the were so much smarter. In Africa they went to the moon and back. And in Asia they built hundreds of under the ocean cities. Those backward Europeans only have majestic buildings and sewer systems and aquaducts and primitive power systems and so much more mundane things from those older eras. To have went to the moon and visited one of those large under the ocean cities. Lucky bastards!
Europeans only know those things because the Moors came from Africa and educated them. :rolleyes:

Both are true...

The OP did not say this. This is what you wanted it to say. So you could bash him. We all know that there are many carbon sinks and creation mechanisms just as there are with O2.

Both are true...

The OP did not say this. This is what you wanted it to say. So you could bash him. We all know that there are many carbon sinks and creation mechanisms just as there are with O2.
I didnt say the OP said that. I was responding to what you said in your post.

"Plants use CO2 created by humans to process food in photosynthesis which results in O2 being produced."

Plants existed before humans were even on the evolutionary radar.

Both are true...

Lets make this simple...

Do humans breath O2? Yes
Do humans breath out CO2? Yes
Do plants breath out created O2? YES
Do plants breath in CO2? YES

While plants can not provide all of our O2 needs they are a big part of the earths respiration process. CO2 is created in degrading plants and animals so the creation of CO2 is not all a human thing..

Technically the OP is correct.

After your post #10, I will gladly defer to your expert opinion.
Post #10 is how I like to see posts, with tons of backup proving the point.
I still don't like the misspell in the title, "Adovicate" it detracts from the OP,

Q. so who is more right, Trump or AOC/Bernie regarding the Paris Climate Treaty and the $Trillions it would cost the US?

Implicit in your Climate Change argument is that at some point, CO2 stops being critical for life and becomes a pollutant.
Not so much a pollutant as destabilizing to the climate, the rise of CO2 levels causing warming, eventually making life on Earth unsustainable. Disruptive climatic conditions already exist at the current CO2 level just above 400PPM.

Both are true...

"Plants use CO2 created by humans to process food in photosynthesis which results in O2 being produced."

DO we not contribute to the CO2 in the air? Why yes we do... Can you guess what plants do with that?

Q. so who is more right, Trump or AOC/Bernie regarding the Paris Climate Treaty and the $Trillions it would cost the US?
The cost of minor adaptation to a warmer environment is far less than killing our economies for something we can not control and something that has no chance of causing a catastrophic calamity they claim can happen. One simply has to look at the earths paleo history to figure out that CO2 runaway is not possible in our atmosphere. Trump getting us out of that wealth redistribution scam was the correct move.

Both are true...

DO we not contribute to the CO2 in the air? Why yes we do... Can you guess what plants do with that?
No. We did not always contribute to the CO2 in the air because we were not here for eons while plants were here.

The cost of minor adaptation to a warmer environment is far less than killing our economies for something we can not control and something that has no chance of causing a catastrophic calamity they claim can happen. One simply has to look at the earths paleo history to figure out that CO2 runaway is not possible in our atmosphere. Trump getting us out of that wealth redistribution scam was the correct move.

Thank you! I thought that's what your charts said.
If the US is only 15% of the CO2 "problem" I'm not in favor of wrecking the place.
This may be where the "Law of diminishing returns" covers it.

The cost of minor adaptation to a warmer environment is far less than killing our economies
The notion that transitioning our energy sources to renewable energy is an economy killer is a fallacy. Disruptive, yes. Essential for survival, yes. Economically devastating, absolutely not.
We as humans are nothing compared to the earth. Most of our affect on it is as pollution and not climate change. Perhaps if the elites and the establishment people did not lie so much, there would be a more serious approach. Just like Obamacare, some will get things for free while others pay and a percentage get rich from it.

The notion that transitioning our energy sources to renewable energy is an economy killer is a fallacy. Disruptive, yes. Essential for survival, yes. Economically devastating, absolutely not.
:auiqs.jpg:

Please show me the SCIENCE that proves there is a problem....

IF we take the Bernie and AOC approach we blow up the world and force everyone into servants of the elite class.... Nope...

Forum List

Back