Cleveland Police Killed 12-Year-Old Black Boy in Less than 2 Seconds

At one point I was favoring the kid over the cops, after watching the video I now favor the cops over the kid. Dispatch never mentioned that the caller had said the gun might be a toy and made no mention that the perp was a kid.. However in the video the first thing the kid does when the cops pull up is pull the gun out of his waistband. Can;t blame the cop for trying to protect himself.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Cops says put your hands up, you don't reach for a (airsoft) gun

Sorry, but even a 12 year old should know that.

I am sad that a child was killed, but it's his own fault. Or rather, it's someone's fault for not teaching him better.

Oh please just go fuck yourself, if you haven't already. You're saying a 12-year-old should have the sense and responses of an adult. I bet you couldn't even find your micro-dick when you were twelve.

You're god damned right I am. I 'm saying that if a 12 year old doesn't have the sense not to reach for his gun when a cop tellls him to get his hands up, someone ought not let that stupid fucking kid wander off to the park with a gun. DUH

It's called being responsible .

That's right. And why give a 12 year old kid a toy gun anyway ? What kind of stupid thing is that ? So he can go around practicing to be like all the thugs walking around his neighborhood ?

This is about bad parenting, How about giving the kid a microscope ? Or a guitar ? Or a box of tools ? Something constructive, rather than destructive. These kind of gifts could inspire a kid to a desire for science, or culture, or a skilled trade, instead of becoming a stupid thug.

Have you never seen "A Christmas Story"?

At one point I was favoring the kid over the cops, after watching the video I now favor the cops over the kid. Dispatch never mentioned that the caller had said the gun might be a toy and made no mention that the perp was a kid.. However in the video the first thing the kid does when the cops pull up is pull the gun out of his waistband. Can;t blame the cop for trying to protect himself.

Only thing cops did wrong was pull up way too close. Thats a tactical mistake not a legal one.

I saw this video. And im a fair man.

The cops may get indicted on this. I see problems. They pulled up FAR too close for a possibly armed person. Especially if the passenger side officer is getting out.

That was a VERY dumb move tactically. ..and it may end up with them being charged. At the least...they did not respond as trained and will lose a civil charge. No academy in America teaches pulling up that close.

I kind of agree here. Why would a cop roll up that close if he thought the perp was armed?
I would have stopped about a 150 ft short and took cover behind my vehicle and demanded he drop his weapon.
I usually will side with the police on issues like this because the cops usually have a valid reason to shoot. I want to hear what the cops thinking was before I judge them though.

It's looking like a break down in communication via dispatch.

It doesn't matter. The kid should NOT have reached for that gun. PERIOD.
because the cops counted have tried to talk to the kid first?

Plasma, can you believe these idiots are condoning killing children now? It's consistent with their beliefs on what happens to a child once it leaves the womb, though.

I'm done with this board. I've never seen a bigger bunch of low-lifes anywhere. Truly vile Keyboard Kowboys and Kowgirls who have most likely lived half-lives of low expectations and certainly low information.

Goodbye assholes.

To the good people on this board like Plasma, NYCarbineer, Lakota, Carla-Danger and Guno, Rightwinger, RDean, etc. I hope to see you elsewhere in cyberspace.
they are just trolling..these are the type of threads you save when these same people make threads about the left being assholes.

I'll respond to your post then I'm out of here. Is there a way to delete one's profile?

They ARE trolls. They are lazy, rarely posting corroborative links to their ignorant statements, or else they post links to some blog written by fellow filth.
And they like their echo chamber here because they know that if they went to a site like Democratic Underground they'd be chewed up and spit out for the illiterate, bigoted uni-brows that they are.

And the USMB fuckwads condone their trolling because the USMB was started by bottom feeders much like themselves.

Au revoir!

Stop teasing us...

I'll respond to your post then I'm out of here. Is there a way to delete one's profile?

They ARE trolls. They are lazy, rarely posting corroborative links to their ignorant statements, or else they post links to some blog written by fellow filth.
And they like their echo chamber here because they know that if they went to a site like Democratic Underground they'd be chewed up and spit out for the illiterate, bigoted uni-brows that they are.

And the USMB fuckwads condone their trolling because the USMB was started by bottom feeders much like themselves.

Au revoir!
Wow. What a Drama Queen. Maybe you would be happier at Dramacrat Underground.

The cops may get indicted on this. I see problems. They pulled up FAR too close for a possibly armed person. Especially if the passenger side officer is getting out.

That was a VERY dumb move tactically. ..and it may end up with them being charged. At the least...they did not respond as trained and will lose a civil charge. No academy in America teaches pulling up that close.

I kind of agree here. Why would a cop roll up that close if he thought the perp was armed?
I would have stopped about a 150 ft short and took cover behind my vehicle and demanded he drop his weapon.
I usually will side with the police on issues like this because the cops usually have a valid reason to shoot. I want to hear what the cops thinking was before I judge them though.

Well, he was pointing it at civilians walking thru the park.

Yeah, it's just black people causing all these problems.

"Loehman, 26, shot Rice between 1.5 and 2 seconds after pulling up in a patrol car, according to Deputy Chief Ed Tomba. The vehicle was driven by veteran Cleveland police officer Frank Garmback, 46."""

Video in fatal shooting of Cleveland boy, 12, released by police
Cleveland police say officer Timothy Loehman fatally shot Tamir Rice 12 within seconds of pulling up in patrol car - CBS News
Here's the air soft pistol used you tell me in a split second from a distance could you tell if this was an air soft gun or not?
azqFbCH.png

The cop that shot the kid said the kid was 20 years old, too. I can't believe you idiots are trying to rationalize this.
I'm not trying to rationalize defend of criticize the shooting. I wasn't there you have as much information on the shooting as anyone else not connected with the police department. I'm going with my experience and training as a former police officer. But you said the shooting happen in less than two seconds. It didn't the air soft pistol looks like the real thing from a distance and with just a couple of seconds to react.

Where did you get your police training? The Darren Wilson School for Dumb Cops? Watch the video. I just posted it. Yes, the cops just drove up and shot him in less than 2 seconds. No questions asked.

Again, the Q&A period was over once the kid went for his waistband

-Geaux

"Went" for his waistband? The video isn't extremely clear, but I don't think the kid (yes, this time a KID) had time to react to anything. They drove practically on top of him.

Well, he was pointing it at civilians walking thru the park.

True,but if the cops thought he was armed why'd they roll up on him like that?
Thats a good way to get your shit blown away.
If the cops knew he was armed they were either incredibly brave or stupid.
Haven't decided which yet.

I really wonder how many here have watched the police video. It shows the cops driving right up to the kid and shooting as they get out of the squad car. That's the explanation for killing this kid within 2 seconds of arriving.

would wonder why these cops didn't pull their squad car up within 30-40 feet of the kid, stand behind their respective open doors, and ask the kid who he was and what he was doing.

Perhaps they would have had time to see he was less than 5 feet tall and heard from his voice that he was a little boy, instead of " ....20 years old" as the murdering cop stated to his dispatcher after he shot him. As it stood, the kid never had a chance to say anything.

Because he gave up his chance by going for his waistband

-Geaux

Geaux fuck yourself, liar. You don't want to watch the video, fine.

I've seen it.

-Geaux

Anything, anything other than suggest that parents teach kids how to behave in public.

Yep. Imperfect parents and imperfect kids deserve to die.

Thank you, Roadrunner. And Happy Thanksgiving to you.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Cops says put your hands up, you don't reach for a (airsoft) gun

I am sad that a child was killed, but it's his own fault. Or rather, it's someone's fault for not teaching him better.

Oh please just go fuck yourself, if you haven't already. You're saying a 12-year-old should have the sense and responses of an adult. I bet you couldn't even find your micro-dick when you were twelve.

You're god damned right I am. I 'm saying that if a 12 year old doesn't have the sense not to reach for his gun when a cop tellls him to get his hands up, someone ought not let that stupid fucking kid wander off to the park with a gun. DUH

That's right. And why give a 12 year old kid a toy gun anyway ? What kind of stupid thing is that ? So he can go around practicing to be like all the thugs walking around his neighborhood ?

This is about bad parenting, How about giving the kid a microscope ? Or a guitar ? Or a box of tools ? Something constructive, rather than destructive. These kind of gifts could inspire a kid to a desire for science, or culture, or a skilled trade, instead of becoming a stupid thug.

So what about it ?

So what about it ?
Honestly you never wanted a Red Ryder BB gun when you were a kid?
images

Wait.
Tamir Rice shooting Officers were not told the gun could be fake or that suspect was juvenile - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Dig deeper, toots. The initial dispatcher took the call and forwarded it to the police dispatcher who failed to mention that the 911 caller stated TWICE that the gun could be fake.

Video: Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived
"""The dispatcher radioed to officers about a black male who was "pointing a gun at people," but did not mention that caller's belief that he could be a minor and that the gun might not be a real firearm, one of the released recordings shows.
Police previously said it wasn't clear if the responding officers received the information about the suspect's age or the gun possibly being fake."""

Video of Cleveland police shooting of boy released - CNN.com
So you would risk your life on an anonomous caller to 911 saying he weren't sure if the gun was real or not?
Someone had removed the orange tip. Who did that?
You're stupid.

I really wonder how many here have watched the police video. It shows the cops driving right up to the kid and shooting as they get out of the squad car. That's the explanation for killing this kid within 2 seconds of arriving.

would wonder why these cops didn't pull their squad car up within 30-40 feet of the kid, stand behind their respective open doors, and ask the kid who he was and what he was doing.

Perhaps they would have had time to see he was less than 5 feet tall and heard from his voice that he was a little boy, instead of " ....20 years old" as the murdering cop stated to his dispatcher after he shot him. As it stood, the kid never had a chance to say anything.

-Geaux

I've seen it.

-Geaux

Anything, anything other than suggest that parents teach kids how to behave in public.

Negro parents don't know how to behave. So how can they teach their spawn?
They don't give a shit about their kids.......except if there's a way of making a few bucks off them.

-Geaux

I've seen it.

-Geaux

Negro parents don't know how to behave. So how can they teach their spawn?
They don't give a shit about their kids.......except if there's a way of making a few bucks off them.

The more they have, the more entitlements they get.

It's looking like a break down in communication via dispatch.

It doesn't matter. The kid should NOT have reached for that gun. PERIOD.
because the cops counted have tried to talk to the kid first?

Plasma, can you believe these idiots are condoning killing children now? It's consistent with their beliefs on what happens to a child once it leaves the womb, though.

I'm done with this board. I've never seen a bigger bunch of low-lifes anywhere. Truly vile Keyboard Kowboys and Kowgirls who have most likely lived half-lives of low expectations and certainly low information.

Goodbye assholes.

To the good people on this board like Plasma, NYCarbineer, Lakota, Carla-Danger and Guno, Rightwinger, RDean, etc. I hope to see you elsewhere in cyberspace.
You're a fucking lying c***.
You'll back spewing your garbage and you'll get the same reaction. See you soon liar.

The cops were using the only access road to that part of the park. They had NO idea exactly where the "tall for his age' young negro was at that moment. They literally pulled up on him. Had they stayed bact 150' they wouldn't have even seen the "tall for his age" negro.
The cop told him to put his hands in the air. The "tall for his age" negro instead reaches for the gun in his waistband.
Guess what that means to the cops?

-Geaux

I've seen it.

-Geaux

Are you mentally challenged?
Anyone who reaches for a handgun, replica or not when told by the cops to put their hands up is risking their life.
You really can't be so stupid.
It's never a question of whether they deserve to die. What are you? Like ten years old?

-Geaux

I've seen it.

-Geaux

Nobody said he deserved to die or that it wasn't a tragedy.

Had there been restraint and two cops died because it was a real gun, you would not have given a flying fuck.

Forum List

Back