Multiple deputies fired after 2 Black men file lawsuit alleging torture and attempted sexual assault in Mississippi

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
CNN —
The Rankin County Sheriff’s Office in Mississippi has fired multiple deputies after two Black men filed a federal civil rights lawsuit alleging six White deputies entered their private residence illegally and tortured them for nearly two hours.

“Due to recent developments, including findings during our internal investigation, those deputies that were still employed by this department have all been terminated,” Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said during a news conference Tuesday, without specifying the number of deputies fired or their names. The deputies had been on administrative leave, the sheriff said, and he declined to comment on specific allegations.

The terminations come roughly two weeks after Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker filed a lawsuit alleging six deputies entered their Braxton home in January and handcuffed, kicked, waterboarded, repeatedly used Tasers on the men and attempted to sexually assault them. One deputy also put a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shot him, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed June 12 in the US District Court in Mississippi, names Bailey and six deputies as defendants and seeks $400 million in damages.

It comes amid nationwide scrutiny of police use of force, especially against Black people, including the shooting of 11-year-old Aderrien Murry in Indianola, Mississippi, last month, the fatal shooting of Alonzo Bagley in Shreveport, Louisiana, in February and the beating death of Tyre Nichols by officers in Memphis, Tennessee, in January.

This doesn't happen in America anymore.

This is just 2 black men trying to get some free money.

I bet we can find more white men that this has happened to that there are black men.

CNN —
The Rankin County Sheriff’s Office in Mississippi has fired multiple deputies after two Black men filed a federal civil rights lawsuit alleging six White deputies entered their private residence illegally and tortured them for nearly two hours.

“Due to recent developments, including findings during our internal investigation, those deputies that were still employed by this department have all been terminated,” Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said during a news conference Tuesday, without specifying the number of deputies fired or their names. The deputies had been on administrative leave, the sheriff said, and he declined to comment on specific allegations.

The terminations come roughly two weeks after Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker filed a lawsuit alleging six deputies entered their Braxton home in January and handcuffed, kicked, waterboarded, repeatedly used Tasers on the men and attempted to sexually assault them. One deputy also put a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shot him, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed June 12 in the US District Court in Mississippi, names Bailey and six deputies as defendants and seeks $400 million in damages.

It comes amid nationwide scrutiny of police use of force, especially against Black people, including the shooting of 11-year-old Aderrien Murry in Indianola, Mississippi, last month, the fatal shooting of Alonzo Bagley in Shreveport, Louisiana, in February and the beating death of Tyre Nichols by officers in Memphis, Tennessee, in January.

This doesn't happen in America anymore.

This is just 2 black men trying to get some free money.

I bet we can find more white men that this has happened to that there are black men.
Oh, come on. Next, you are going to tell me it is wrong to choke one or two black men in the line of duty. Where does it end?

Are these convicted felons, accusing the cops of the crime?

Magnus

Why are you such a robot. Once, and for all in your life think for yourself. when somebody says they oppose BLM and they support equality you turn around and called them racist …

You putting any money into the hands of poor white men, or poor black men. ?

Are these convicted felons, accusing the cops of the crime?

Magnus

Why are you such a robot. Once, and for all in your life think for yourself. when somebody says they oppose BLM and they support equality you turn around and called them racist …

You putting any money into the hands of poor white men, or poor black men. ?
What the fuck are you babbling about? Next time, try to post in English. I don't get gibberish.

And our Conservatives mock the Black Lives Matter movement
Their taunts of “All lives matter” minimize the continued cases of police abuse with perceived immunity.

Six officers entered that home and tortured the black residents for two hours for no other reason than they thought they could get away with it

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said the police badge was “tarnished by the criminal acts of these few individuals” at a news conference hours after the five former deputies pleaded guilty Thursday. A sixth former officer from the Richland, Mississippi, police department also pleaded guilty.

“These guys were so far past any boundary. It is unbelievable what they did,” said Bailey. “This is a bunch of criminals that did a home invasion.”

This Sheriff ran a Department where his Deputies felt completely capable of conducting such a vile act with immunity

It took him over two months to apologize for the actions of his department and acknowledge that he has problems

He needs to resign….he won’t.
I said I was sorry

Meanwhile his Department faces a hundred million dollar lawsuit

Last edited:
Bailey said he does not plan on resigning in the wake of the shocking charges. “I am going to stay here,” he said. “I am going to fix these problems.

“The only thing I am guilty of on this incident right here is trusting grown men that swore an oath to do their job correctly,” he said. “I am guilty of that, but the people of Rankin County elected me to do a job during good times and during bad times. Yes, this is a bad time.”

“I am embarrassed and ashamed of what they have done to this badge,” he went on, with his hand over a badge embroidered on his shirt.

It happened on his watch
When the incident happened, he ignored the complaints of the victims and ordered no internal review.

This is Mississippi…..who are you going to believe? Your white deputies or a couple of darkies…..you know how they lie

Why Black Lives Matter is still needed

Hell yea, you most definitely would give a shit. Man if you don't go on somewhere with that bullshit.

Still wouldn't give a shit. Not my circus, not my monkey.

Now if I were standing right in the middle of it and it was going to effect me, I'd probably give a shit. But unless that happens, no fucks given

Forum List

Back