Clearing up a misconception atheists have about practicing Christians

So many wars in the name of religion
Do you know how many wars have been started for initially religious purposes? Most of them are not. Land/Family wars are basically 99% of wars in our history. Of course, they'll claim creeds, but what the war is about isn't religious at all. I don't expect you to acknowledge common historian common sense, but, that's the case.

How many "Christians" do you know that follow their rule books perfectly?
None. Who said Christians are perfect? It sounds like you are skewed in your perspective.

If you view Adolph Hitler as an example of a Christian, I cannot help how literally stupid you are.

Nobody can be expected to address such stupidity. I don't insult much, but to say that is just stupid. You have to be purposefully stupid to think that. It would be entertaining if not so tragic. By the way, as a non-believer, you can own the tens of millions of corpses of Joseph Stalin and answer for them (just for starters).. do you accept?
Hitler was a FUCKING CATHOLIC...from the day he was born to the day that he died. If you are so delusional and so dishonest that you can not accept this fact, then you are truly out of your gore. My guess is that you would like to pretend in order to manipulate with lies about the morals of christians. Fact is that the nazis were christians mainly Catholics/Lutherans etc who murdered non christians because up till that point Churches especially german Catholic preached day in and day out the teachings of Martin Luther notorious Jew hater who said that Jews should be killed because they had murdered Jesus.

EVERYTHING that I posted is dead on and you know it...hence why you are trying a smear instead of arguing the points.

The bible advocates for murder in mass including infants. Christian believers kill in mass despite your silly claims that christians are the moral standard against murder.

Not all people murder, and I hate to tell you----it has nothing to do with religious belief often but what their nature and views toward others are.
Wow, talk about a pool of lies.

I just as soon should claim you're a werewolf who wants to fondle my nuts.

Nobody will take you seriously when you say such things Turtle. You're only hurting yourself.

Hitler was a FUCKING CATHOLIC...from the day he was born to the day that he died. If you are so delusional and so dishonest that you can not accept this fact, then you are truly out of your gore. My guess is that you would like to pretend in order to manipulate with lies about the morals of christians. Fact is that the nazis were christians mainly Catholics/Lutherans etc who murdered non christians because up till that point Churches especially german Catholic preached day in and day out the teachings of Martin Luther notorious Jew hater who said that Jews should be killed because they had murdered Jesus.

Let me ask you a question.

Let's say you have a theory of morality.. and we'll call it "Turtlesoupism".

So, you have many followers of "Turtlesoupism".. yet, one becomes a horrible person as does all sorts of bad things. They steal, they run from the law, they slit someone's throat, etc. They claim "I'M A FOLLWER OF TURTLE SOUP"...

Are you bound to them?

Or, did they leave you, and they're claims are BS?

By your logic, you'd have to own the stealing, the law-breaking, and the murdering, because they claim you. By normal common sense, you wouldn't, as clearly their actions don't align with turtlesoupism.

This all just adds up to you being intellectually dishonest and just an opportunist. Have a brain and try to think for a second.

Even though I'm going totally off-topic on my own thread, I just wanted to say that if you honestly think that politicians are always sincere and don't ever use religion as a way to gain the public's trust, then you are incredibly naïve.

Anyone can claim to be a Catholic or Christian or anything, for that matter. Mere words about a religious affiliation mean absolutely nothing if they are consistently in direct opposition to the core teachings of said religion.

Jesus taught to love your neighbor, but He didn't stop there. Jesus said to love even your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you. Loving your enemies is about as FAR as you can possibly get from what Hitler did. Hitler did seem to have some spiritual views, but if anything they were Occultic.

But again, this is totally off topic, so unless you want to talk about the actual topic, please start your own thread. Thanks.

I'm not speaking for atheists, I mentioned what I have heard some atheists say. Have you honestly never heard an atheist say something like, "believers have no evidence, they believe because they're gullible" or "christians are christians because of the country they were born in, if they were born somewhere else they'd belong to a different religion" etc, etc.

I mean, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a comment like that....

So where was I wrong? Are you saying that I have never heard people say those things?

Only from the anonymous of an internet political forum. In face to face discussions .. NEVER.

You are wrong....atheists realize that religion is basically a social club for group think. Most people need a GROUP to help them form their own views of right and wrong.

Christians aren't like the muslims who follow their book to a T. CHRISTIANS religious views are more like fads..they change, ebb and flow, based on whatever the current culture is into. Lonely, insecure, don't know the whys of the world...fall back on a god and supposed human offspring and make them whatever you need to feel all is ok. It's not necessarily wrong---christian beliefs can do a lot of harm but they can also cause a person to do good. Often this depends largely on choice of religious leader.

There are many Muslim sects who disagree and five different versions of Sharia law. Muslims are by no means monolithic.

Generally speaking, atheists don't want their misconceptions about Christians corrected.

Here's my misconceptions.
You lackeys believe in immaculate conception and virgin births, talking snakes, resurrections, dead men walking, a man walking on water, the parting of the seas and ten commandments written in stone suddenly appearing from fucking nowhere.
Yet you talk about misconceptions???
You have to be kidding.
You godbotherers have been conned by the oldest trick know to man and not One of you have the guts to admit it. You don't even read anything which could hurt you hideous belief in soMe supernatural ghost.
The OP suggest he makes up his own mind. if he did and had the capacity to make a decision about facts, you wouldn't be a stupid godbotherer.

Don't make me vomit again.

You are wrong....atheists realize that religion is basically a social club for group think.
And atheists are about that. Sure, maybe they can find a sect or a parish here or there, but mostly religious worship and practice is a very personal thing, something one works to incorporate in one's personal life. Even when we gather together for worship as a community, most of our prayers are still very personal.

Here is a thought: If atheists believe religion is merely a social club for group think, are they looking for a social club that agrees with their own ideas for group think? That is why they left religion? They couldn't find the correct "Group Think" for them? I thought atheists like to think for themselves as much as people of faith like to think for themselves.

And atheists are about that. Sure, maybe they can find a sect or a parish here or there, but mostly religious worship and practice is a very personal thing, something one works to incorporate in one's personal life. Even when we gather together for worship as a community, most of our prayers are still very personal.

Here is a thought: If atheists believe religion is merely a social club for group think, are they looking for a social club that agrees with their own ideas for group think? That is why they left religion? They couldn't find the correct "Group Think" for them? I thought atheists like to think for themselves as much as people of faith like to think for themselves.
Every single human organization that has ever existed has this characteristic.

People don't invest time money and emotion in organizations that are filled with people who don't agree with them

Again, my 2 main points were that most atheists think our reasons for being believers are baseless... and more importantly, most atheists don't understand that one of the reasons we are Christians is that we've discovered that following God's ways rather than the ways of this world is simply BETTER, wiser, and the principles actually WORK, in a practical sense.
Well sure... I mean, who is going to adopt a set of beliefs and admit the are NOT better? One has to truly think they are better or lie to themselves out loud.

And a Christian would come right back and ask you by what guidelines is something "right" and "wrong"? By whatever YOU say so? What if your atheist neighbor says it's right to kill you and take all of your posessions. How, by your standards, would they be wrong? They wouldn't. Their "rule book" would dictate they are fine.
You don’t need a book or guidelines to know right from wrong, good from evil. If you need it that’s fine but to think others need it is pitiful on your part.

If atheists believe religion is merely a social club for group think, are they looking for a social club that agrees with their own ideas for group think?
Sure, some of them. But they draw the distinction between believing in a set of iron aged myths and a casual hobby, like hiking or cycling.

Here's my misconceptions.
You lackeys believe in immaculate conception and virgin births, talking snakes, resurrections, dead men walking, a man walking on water, the parting of the seas and ten commandments written in stone suddenly appearing from fucking nowhere.
Yet you talk about misconceptions???
You have to be kidding.
You godbotherers have been conned by the oldest trick know to man and not One of you have the guts to admit it. You don't even read anything which could hurt you hideous belief in soMe supernatural ghost.
The OP suggest he makes up his own mind. if he did and had the capacity to make a decision about facts, you wouldn't be a stupid godbotherer.

Don't make me vomit again.
Goodness, you're an angry child. Perhaps the internet is not the place for you.

Goodness, you're an angry child. Perhaps the internet is not the place for you.
That's what I keep noticing on some of these atheist posters who pop in in every Christian thread and start the same issues. I assume they're just lonely and need attention.

You don’t need a book or guidelines to know right from wrong, good from evil.
Um, yes you do.

Otherwise, you could be killed by someone, a person who doesn't think murder is wrong, and there would be no moral code or laws to prevent it.

That's what I keep noticing on some of these atheist posters who pop in in every Christian thread and start the same issues. I assume they're just lonely and need attention.
I have a theory. Militant atheists are not angry because they think Christians are wrong; they're angry because they think we may be right -- and they can't tolerate the idea of a power higher than themselves.

Let me ask you a question.

Let's say you have a theory of morality.. and we'll call it "Turtlesoupism".

So, you have many followers of "Turtlesoupism".. yet, one becomes a horrible person as does all sorts of bad things. They steal, they run from the law, they slit someone's throat, etc. They claim "I'M A FOLLWER OF TURTLE SOUP"...

Are you bound to them?

Or, did they leave you, and they're claims are BS?

By your logic, you'd have to own the stealing, the law-breaking, and the murdering, because they claim you. By normal common sense, you wouldn't, as clearly their actions don't align with turtlesoupism.

This all just adds up to you being intellectually dishonest and just an opportunist. Have a brain and try to think for a second.
o, you have many followers of "Turtlesoupism".. yet, one becomes a horrible person as does all sorts of bad things. They steal, they run from the law, they slit someone's throat, etc. They claim "I'M A FOLLWER OF TURTLE SOUP"...

Are you bound to them?
Aug 19, 2011 — On Aug. 19, 1934, the German public voted 90 percent in favor of Chancellor Adolf Hitler becoming Führer und Reichskanzler
not one, the majority -

the christians of germany voted for hitler, one of their own, as repeated throughout history - the persecuition and victimization of the innocent by the christian, desert religion majorities.

I have a theory. Militant atheists are not angry because they think Christians are wrong; they're angry because they think we may be right -- and they can't tolerate the idea of a power higher than themselves.
I dismiss that they are angry. I see "militant" more as perhaps being more exasperated and irritated. The theology they were taught may have made no concession of the scientific knowledge we have gained over the centuries. Those who were taught that every Biblical account, indeed every word, must be taken literally by middle school knows this goes against everything they are taught on how to identify metaphors, symbolism, fables, just so stories, etc. Yet in following science, they may become further frustrated when science cannot disprove God.

Militant atheists may become aware that the majority of other religious denominations do not dismiss science and do not take every Biblical verse literally, which may cause further resentment of all the time wasted on religion and scriptural studies. They might think, Why can't people of faith come together?!!? Good question. On top of this, it is not the job of science to redirect them back to religious philosophies. To whom do they turn, whom do they trust?

not one, the majority -

the christians of germany voted for hitler, one of their own, as repeated throughout history - the persecuition and victimization of the innocent by the christian, desert religion majorities.
Hitler wasn't gassing jews and declaring war on the world when he was initially put into power, so no, your claim doesn't mean German Christians massively supported Hitler's evil actions. Meanwhile, the German people were in massive poverty from the massive sanctions after WWI, and were a beaten, shamed people... easily exploitable and manipulated.

Your attempt makes no sense.

Forum List

Back