Clearing up a misconception atheists have about practicing Christians

That's right. Same goes for creating religions. So clearly a better method is to arrive at morality by reason and legal consensus than to have a bunch of pseudo shamans dictating contradicting, primitive moralities, and all claiming to do so by imagined divine authority.
Can you point to any society in history that has done that and also hasn't committed insane human rights violations?

Correct me if I’m wrong,
You’re wrong.

Those free from religion ‘believe’ no such thing.

Those free from religion understand that to a theist his beliefs are real to him and that he follows those beliefs sincerely and in good faith – those free from religion take no issue with that.

Conflict manifests, however, when theists lie about what those free from religion ‘believe’ or think.

You’re wrong.

Those free from religion understand that to a theist his beliefs are real to him and that he follows those beliefs sincerely and in good faith – those free from religion take no issue with that.

Conflict manifests, however, when theists lie about what those free from religion ‘believe’ or think.
You're not free from religion.

Our Republic's fundamental governmental philosophy is religious in nature.

"All men are created...endowed by their Creator." - Declaration of Independence (ironically)

Stick to preaching cultural Marxism, bro. America isn't your thing.

America, however, is a haven for all religions, and its fundamental governmental philosophy is therefore inclusive of all religions. Including your preferred religion of statism.

Last edited:
You’re wrong.

How about when atheists lie about what believers think?

How about when atheists lie about what believers think?
I just can't imagine the mindset of those who get angry over other people's faith. It mystifies me.
good example, atheist - who's kidding who ...
1629248156548.png

mystified, the bible belt, really ... gun lovers united. they're all the same.

Not so. People in a mob often follow others into actions they normally wouldn't think of doing.

If you kill someone and blame it on a mob you're just lying to cover your ass. The reality is that the vast majority of people would commit murder mob or no mob

But they break the law and would be punished, which is the point of this conversation. I was replying to someone who said we don't need laws to know what is right and wrong. That is clearly false, don't you agree?
Hun, most of our laws are WRONG------------and I say this because I do what is right and what is wrong

That seems obviously false, nor could you possibly know the truth of that. Deterrent is real. Seems absurd for you to make such an assertion. Like, on every level.
The fact is the vast majority of people would never plan to murder anyone and then carry it out laws or no laws.

Most homicides are not first degree murder and are not planned but rather happen in the heat of the moment or they occur without the intent to kill. If a person wants to commit murder then no law will stop him.

The fact is the vast majority of people would never plan to murder anyone and then carry it out laws or no laws.
true, but that is a different point.
If a person wants to commit murder then no law will stop him.
Again, you have no way of knowing that is true, and the obvious idea of deterrent contradicts you. And your unqualified, unbounded argument is basically: laws do nothing to prevent crime. Absurd on its face.

true, but that is a different point.

Again, you have no way of knowing that is true, and the obvious idea of deterrent contradicts you. And your unqualified, unbounded argument is basically: laws do nothing to prevent crime. Absurd on its face.
LAws don't prevent crime.

Speed limit laws do not prevent speeding
Laws against murder don't stop people from murdering
Laws against drugs don't stop people from doing drugs

The evidence of that is all around you.

Shit even the death penalty has been proven not to deter murder.

No they don't.

Like I said no law against murder has ever stopped a murderer.

You seem to think your average person would just start murdering other people if there was no law against murder.
All absurd. Of course laws do prevent some crime, by deterrent. Saying "murder laws didnt stop murderers" is a useless, circular tautology.

Forum List

Back