Clearing up a misconception atheists have about practicing Christians

Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.
Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

Oh, and isn’t lying wrong?
Very few people deny the climate is changing.

But your side simply hasn't proven man's actions have anything to do with it.

But you take it on faith because you were told to.
Scientific community isn’t lying to you
you have to be kidding ...
View attachment 456296
sure, nature is just a disposable commodity for christians ...
And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid. Tons of evidence for man made global warming, they don’t see any of it. No evidence for Jesus, not a problem. In fact they’ve seen evidence for Jesus when there was none. Hint. It’s all in their heads.

But they still need more evidence for man made global warming. The jury’s out on that but Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead? Totally believable.
Ooooh, look at that. Hate for believers. I called it.

Generally speaking, atheists don't want their misconceptions about Christians corrected.
Atheists have their own dogma which they follow religiously.
It’s called common sense, logic, reason.
Odd. You believe all these people lack logic and reason?

See, this is one of those misconceptions atheists in general and you in particular hold: That Christians are not as smart as atheists, that faith and science are incompatible.

That is simply incorrect.
Most Christians are pro choice or have had abortions Themselves. A lot of Christians aren’t “real” Christians. But you’ll take them. You’re just glad they say they believe the Jesus story. All the other stories are allegories but Mary really was a virgin.
Everyone is a sinner. Me, you, gays, straights, Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics. Everybody. And everyone's sins are between them and God. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone at least tried to sin less, but humans are...human. We make mistakes, and we choose to do wrong.

I don't claim anyone is not a "real" Christian. That's way above my pay grade.

You seem to have a lot of bitterness and rage towards Christians. Why?
Everyone is a sinner.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them as the 1st century religious itinerant they claim then otherwise not to have understood.
Everyone is a sinner. I don't know what's so hard to accept about that simple statement.
Everyone is a sinner. I don't know what's so hard to accept about that simple statement.
- because you have resigned yourself to perish when your physiology expires.
You may have. I have not. I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them
no sinner, those you persecute will ... but not you.

good luck to get a second chance - after renouncing your book of forgeries and fallacies.
I don't persecute anybody.

And you don't get to dictate what I believe.

Kinda sounds like you want to persecute Christians.
Breeze is worthless.

LMAO :laughing0301: .

It's the atheist scientific community. Sure, they are and you aren't the most trustworthy poster. Your posts are mostly ad hominem attacks against the believers and creation science.

And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid. Tons of evidence for man made global warming, they don’t see any of it. No evidence for Jesus, not a problem. In fact they’ve seen evidence for Jesus when there was none. Hint. It’s all in their heads.

This is what I mean. There are not tons of evidence for "man made" global warming. I don't think anyone denies the climate changes. OTOH, the YEC believers and creation scientists have presented plenty of evidence for God such as God as creator of the big bang and spacetime before it. We also presented what the Bible says and its history. History proves Jesus.

As for the rest, it's all in your head and the atheist scientists. Who cares if they end up in the bad place? They turned against the Bible.
As for the rest, it's all in your head and the atheist scientists. Who cares if they end up in the bad place? They turned against the Bible.
what would be their motive if they never read the bible - irregardless of knowing its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent for not reading it.

You take things I said out of context, so you are lying by omission.

It is a scientific and religious battle over creation by the Christian God vs evolution between the creation scientists and atheist scientists. I can't help it if you side with the atheist ones. Why you argue against Jesus as the Messiah and the Bible is just plain wrong.

As for those who won't, haven't read the Bible, or go against Jesus, it is their choice not to by free will. It means they will go into the Lake of Fire and lose their perfect spiritual selves according to the Bible. It is what it is.
It is a scientific and religious battle over creation by the Christian God vs evolution between the creation scientists and atheist scientists. I can't help it if you side with the atheist ones. Why you argue against Jesus as the Messiah and the Bible is just plain wrong.
it's only a battle for the desert religions - somehow as the superstition goes, so goes their religion. that is not true of the religion of antiquity and the path to the Everlasting for the freed spirit by their own volition.
not to mention the dreadful, unrepentant and uninterrupted history of the desert religions to this day -
1613261657814.png

the scriptures of all three are corrupt and their unwillingness to correct them will be their final epitaph or that of humanities.

It's the atheist scientific community. Sure, they are and you aren't the most trustworthy poster. Your posts are mostly ad hominem attacks against the believers and creation science.

This is what I mean. There are not tons of evidence for "man made" global warming. I don't think anyone denies the climate changes. OTOH, the YEC believers and creation scientists have presented plenty of evidence for God such as God as creator of the big bang and spacetime before it. We also presented what the Bible says and its history. History proves Jesus.

what would be their motive if they never read the bible - irregardless of knowing its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent for not reading it.

As for those who won't, haven't read the Bible, or go against Jesus, it is their choice not to by free will. It means they will go into the Lake of Fire and lose their perfect spiritual selves according to the Bible. It is what it is.
it's only a battle for the desert religions - somehow as the superstition goes, so goes their religion. that is not true of the religion of antiquity and the path to the Everlasting for the freed spirit by their own volition.
not to mention the dreadful, unrepentant and uninterrupted history of the desert religions to this day -
View attachment 456829
the scriptures of all three are corrupt and their unwillingness to correct them will be their final epitaph or that of humanities.

What specifically is it that you would like corrected? You can find the information in "the history of" or even right there in front of people's faces; in the older works. You do this all the time. You never go anywhere with it though.

Generally speaking, atheists don't want their misconceptions about Christians corrected.

See, this is one of those misconceptions atheists in general and you in particular hold: That Christians are not as smart as atheists, that faith and science are incompatible.

Most Christians are pro choice or have had abortions Themselves. A lot of Christians aren’t “real” Christians. But you’ll take them. You’re just glad they say they believe the Jesus story. All the other stories are allegories but Mary really was a virgin.
Everyone is a sinner. Me, you, gays, straights, Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics. Everybody. And everyone's sins are between them and God. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone at least tried to sin less, but humans are...human. We make mistakes, and we choose to do wrong.

Everyone is a sinner.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them as the 1st century religious itinerant they claim then otherwise not to have understood.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them

good luck to get a second chance - after renouncing your book of forgeries and fallacies.

Breeze is worthless.
Breeze is worthless.
believers of books ...

you are so stupid it does not bear mentioning - your nonexistent original documents written corruptly in books you do not even know the language of to read them ... worthless is mountains above mental dereliction. d & i.

Everyone is a sinner.

Breeze is worthless.
Breeze is worthless.
believers of books ...

you are so stupid it does not bear mentioning - your nonexistent original documents written corruptly in books you do not even know the language of to read them ... worthless is mountains above mental dereliction. d & i.
Too many facts for me to handle.

View attachment 456829

What specifically is it that you would like corrected? You can find the information in "the history of" or even right there in front of people's faces; in the older works. You do this all the time. You never go anywhere with it though.
What specifically is it that you would like corrected?
the forgeries and falacies fabricated in the 4th century christian bible - all three desert religions.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
they spent 100 years writhing their book when it became safe for them, the christian bible is a political document disguised as a religion and is not representative of 1st century liberation theology of that time. by the religious itinerant that gave their life knowing full well the duplicity that would ensue.

- to say this complaint and example have not been put forth previously is disingenuous at best.

View attachment 456829

the forgeries and falacies fabricated in the 4th century christian bible -
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
they spent 100 years writhing their book when it became safe for them, the christian bible is a political document disguised as a religion and is not representative of 1st century liberation theology of that time. by the religious itinerant that gave their life knowing full well the duplicity that would ensue.

- to say this complaint and example have not been put forth previously is disingenuous at best.
What liberation theology of the 1st century specifically?

View attachment 456829

the religion of antiquity as prescribed, the triumph of good vs evil.

View attachment 456829

the religion of antiquity as prescribed, the triumph of good vs evil.

Which religion of antiquity? Show me the religion of antiquity.

Everyone is a sinner.

Breeze is worthless.
Breeze is worthless.
believers of books ...

Believers in God.

Does it anger you that you've never been able to talk anyone out of their faith?

Everyone is a sinner.

Breeze is worthless.
Breeze is worthless.
believers of books ...

Believers in God.

Does it anger you that you've never been able to talk anyone out of their faith?
has it been tried -
1613277760489.png

christian, or shall we refer you for who you are - crucifier.

Everyone is a sinner.

Breeze is worthless.
Breeze is worthless.
believers of books ...

Believers in God.

No, I was a believer in Christianity until I reached the age of 40 but then I looked for Jesus, and he was nowhere to be found, for 10 years I searched and I searched from Protestants sermons and history books and I found God and Jesus nowhere. I found that every ancient civilization has their Gods or God, and its not much difference than Christianity.

I miss him, but I do not believe in Gods or God anymore. I thought I'd be alive forever and I believed in heaven and hell. I let on to my brothers as they all believe in Jesus and they are all RC (of which I was and my parents as well), , I even let on to some of my friends because without Christ you are titled for sympathy because you are a non believer. I have found that people that believe in Christ are less tolerant of people. They don't how precious life it.

I have found that people that believe in Christ are less tolerant of people. They don't how precious life it.
Rather those who believe are more likely to realize exactly how precious life is, and learn to live it to the utmost.

And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid.....

No evidence for Jesus, not a problem.....
Global warming is going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.
Evidence that the world is round is going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.
Because there is evidence of both I can now live a most fulfilling life. All because of the evidence of global warming, of plate tectonics, etc.

Oh, and if there were physical evidence of Jesus walking on water or changing water into wine, my life would be instantly better. Those two events are going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.

People of faith are not looking for evidence, we are listening to teachings to guide us through our own personal journeys. Put God first. Love others as you love yourself. You are the salt of the earth. Your sins are forgiven. Blessed are periods of mourning. Blessed are those who bring peace to those around them. Forgive as you wish to be forgiven. And a plenitude more.

Can you honestly say, "I am the best person I can possibly be due to the fact I see evidence for man-made climate change." That's all it took for me to become the great person I am today.
Yes. I’m the best me because I know the truth. It’s also possible to read your holy books, get the message about being good, but not buy into the religion.

You Christians here always defend the other religions because at least they are preaching to worship god. You dsay you know good muslims and being muslim is better than being atheist. You say there’s a beautiful message in their holy books.

Well like you, I understand the good messages in the Koran. Doesn’t mean I’m buying it.

Same way I feel about your religion.

I don’t believe living my life for allah would make me a better me. Do you?

Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.
Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

View attachment 456296
Anyone with any familiarity with the scientific method knows how climate "science" has been bastardized to support a predetermined conclusion.
The scientific community laughs in your face

View attachment 456296

But they still need more evidence for man made global warming. The jury’s out on that but Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead? Totally believable.
No hate. Just pointing out your flaws.

You guys talk about misconceptions? You don’t even know the difference between debate and hate.

Wai
You're wrong (buttercup)....
I'm an atheist and I and many others see religion as a social club-------everyone needs something to believe in and wants to feel like they belong. The religion one chooses is usually the one that they were born into as they imprinted on as a child. It's hard to convince people who weren't brainwashed as kids that there are talking snakes and eating a magical knowledge fruit is somehow evil while a vicious punishing vindictive god is somehow good when he smites people all over the place.

Atheism is its own Arrogant Condescending Club. Atheist High Priest Richard Dawkins calls himself and his sheep "brights" and insists that all of you are so very smart, so scientific, so *rational* and *logical* that you must SURELY be *right*. This is the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority. You atheists call yourselves authorities on everything and so you claim to be *right* about everything.

Your premise is incorrect and your conclusion is incorrect.

If atheism is so brilliant, so logical, so rational, then why do atheists abandon their religion more frequently than any other group?

View attachment 456320

Wait a gull darn second. You claim that 2000 years ago god sent his son and 11 guys ran around the world telling people it happened. They would be the authorities on the subject not us.

We call bullshit. Funny thing is the jews and Muslims agree with us.

Forum List

Back