Christians are more moral than Yahweh and Jesus. So why worship them?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Christians are more moral than Yahweh and Jesus. So why worship them?

The Bible contains many instances that show Yahweh doing things that no moral human would do. Not even the most right-wing Christian theist.

If you Christians had God’s power, in Noah’s days, you Christians would not use Genocide against man and beast on the earth. Jesus said he came to cure those in need, not kill them, so you would cure those in Noah’s day and would not kill them all. Right?

In Egypt, you Christians would not harden Pharaoh’s heart but would leave it soft and let him let the Jews go. You would not punish the first born for what their parents did. If anything, you would punish the guilty and not the innocent. Right?

To the many other instances where God ordered massacres of babies, you Christians would not, as your better morals would make you care or cure and not kill. Right?

Christians and Muslim thus recognize their better morals. That being the case, why have you Christians and Muslims chosen to follow a God whose morals are inferior to your own?

Religions are supposed to be all about morals, yet Christians seem to ignore that their morals and ethics are better than Yahweh’s by a long shot. Right?

Why do you follow Yahweh, knowing that your morals are above Yahweh’s?

Regards
DL

It's always humorous when avowed atheists try to lecture Christians about their religion. ... :lol: :lol:

I am not an atheist, and for you to say that Christians are no more moral than a genocidal prick of a Yahweh and Jesus is quite disingenuous.

You must be thinking of the right wing.

Regards
DL

1604956854944.png

If not, that shows why Christian morals are so off the mark.

Thanks for showing what their main focus is.

Quite informative.

Oh wait, you did not have the whit to correct me so just denied like a G D child.

Regards
DL

I'm attempting to understand your point regarding Christianity. It would help if the basis for your argument don't all come from the Old Testament.

Let me comply.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

I could also use Revelation and the promise or Armageddon, which is Jesus/Yahweh returning to use genocide again.

Regards
DL

Quite informative.

Oh wait, you did not have the whit to correct me so just denied like a G D child.

Regards
DL
Did you have the whit to support your claim that religions are all about morals; you just assume it, don't you. And you know what they say about assume.

Morality is not a subject that sets the Bible apart from other books on morality, although a higher standard of morality certainly is a benefit of Christianity, as Christians brought that to bear on the Roman Empire.

Quite informative.

Regards
DL
Did you have the whit to support your claim that religions are all about morals; you just assume it, don't you. And you know what they say about assume.

Morality is not a subject that sets the Bible apart from other books on morality, although a higher standard of morality certainly is a benefit of Christianity, as Christians brought that to bear on the Roman Empire.

Yes, with inquisition and mass murder and the burning of holy books of better religions.

Strange that you would think that a religion that has a genocidal prick for a god and is homophobic and misogynous is somehow moral.

You are correct that Christians a higher standard of morals would be good for Christianity.

They should look to Gnostic Christianity for that as we do not call evil good while they do.

Regards
DL

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.
That happened. Christ slaughtered his enemies in the Jewish Wars.

Contrary to what atheists and liberals think (and many Christians), morality is not all lollipops and unicorns.
I could also use Revelation and the promise or Armageddon, which is Jesus/Yahweh returning to use genocide again.
Do you know that Armageddon was not actually a place name? Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon links Armageddon to a mythical place name identified with Megiddo and Jerusalem. Revelation makes no mention of a battle taking place in Armageddon, but rather that Armageddon was just a place where armies were assembled.

Again, the Christians did not perpetrate any genocide. The Romans and the Zealots did.

Quite informative.

Regards
DL

Yes, with inquisition and mass murder and the burning of holy books of better religions.

Strange that you would think that a religion that has a genocidal prick for a god and is homophobic and misogynous is somehow moral.

You are correct that Christians a higher standard of morals would be good for Christianity.

They should look to Gnostic Christianity for that as we do not call evil good while they do.

Regards
DL
You're not any kind of Christian. You're anti-Christian.

Contrary to what atheists and liberals think (and many Christians), morality is not all lollipops and unicorns.
Do you know that Armageddon was not actually a place name? Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon links Armageddon to a mythical place name identified with Megiddo and Jerusalem. Revelation makes no mention of a battle taking place in Armageddon, but rather that Armageddon was just a place where armies were assembled.

Again, the Christians did not perpetrate any genocide. The Romans and the Zealots did.

Jesus, a murderer. Who knew.

We have nothing worth discussing.

Regards
DL

Jesus, a murderer. Who knew.

We have nothing worth discussing.

Regards
DL
Okay, then. Come back when you're ready.

Quite informative.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
You're not any kind of Christian. You're anti-Christian.

I am a Gnostic Christian and your inquisitions, as well as your adoration of a genocidal prick and his homophobic and misogynous religion made us anti-Christian.

Regards
DL

I'm attempting to understand your point regarding Christianity. It would help if the basis for your argument don't all come from the Old Testament.

Let me comply.

Regards
DL

I really have trouble with understanding Revelation. Regarding Luke 19, remember Jesus taught using parables.

Thus, this verse has nothing to do with an individual turning the other cheek, nor does it speak to the idea of human governance at all. What it does teach is that all mankind will one day face the judgment of God. Those who have hated and rejected God will be punished.

Forum List

Back