Christianity: The Presuppositional Foundation of Modern Science

Plus, I don't get what is supposed to be happening, here.

Is someone supposed to be proud that religious inquiry was our first and worst attempt at science? Huh?

That doesn't make religion look good. It makes it look primitive and useless.

Are we also heaping praise on Alchemy, now?

"Don't forget, alchemy was the foundation of modern chemistry."

Oh , we won't. But, the thing is, that reminds us how much alchemy SUCKS, not how awesome it is.

Plus, I don't get what is supposed to be happening, here.

Is someone supposed to be proud that religious inquiry was our first and worst attempt at science? Huh?

That doesn't make religion look good. It makes it look primitive and useless.

Are we also heaping praise on Alchemy, now?

"Don't forget, alchemy was the foundation of modern chemistry."

Oh , we won't. But, the thing is, that reminds us how much alchemy SUCKS, not how awesome it is.
Right thread finally!

Do you want to make the case that they're wrong?
You fantasised/implied I was angry whilst having no evidence whatsoever.

Similar to the people in your list. I mean, they're not the sort of people to hold back evidence if they possess it.

Last edited:
You fantasised/implied I was angry whilst having no evidence whatsoever.

Similar to the people in your list. I mean, they're not the sort of people to hold back evidence if they possess it.
You're not angry? Good for you. That's certainly the impression you're giving, though.

Meanwhile, can you reconcile the existence of the brilliant scientists on that list with your insistence that people of faith are fantasists?

Meanwhile, can you reconcile the existence of the brilliant scientists on that list with your insistence that people of faith are fantasists?
Sure. Their position is not based on evidence. It is a fantasy.

Ummm...the impression I got is the evidence for the impression I got.
What particular part of my text struck you as expressing anger?

Or am I fooling myself in expecting an evidence based response, seeing that your impression was faith based?

So you do want us to take it on their faith, rather than an evidence based assessment. Why is that so hard for you to admit?
In reality, you want me to take your intellectual superiority to the listed Christians on faith. Because all you're offered is your say-so.

The list I provided showed their accomplishments. So far, your only accomplishment is internet access.

In reality, you want me to take your intellectual superiority to the listed Christians on faith.
No, I want you to show me their evidence for their beliefs, rather than you expecting me to take their faith as evidence for my faith.

Forum List

Back