Zone1 Christianity and our founding fathers

The Founding Fathers of America - to a man - believed in the existence of the God of Nature, whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator, and whose existence and causal relation to the world is essential to the foundation of natural-rights.

Last edited:
See how Saint Ding runs. Jefferson lie when had no defense. There is no excuse lying about Jefferson’s writings to to argue that his strong objection to the Christian Religion and dogma make Jefferson part of our Christian Heritage.
HUH? what strong objection to christian religion?

HUH? what strong objection to christian religion?
John Calvin is a Christian

this about John Calvin:

The being described in five points, is not the God whom you and I acknowledge and adore, the creator and benevolent governor of the world; but a daemon of malignant spirit. It would be more pardonable to believe in no God at all than to blaspheme him by the atrocious attributes of Calvin."

John Calvin was a nut
But John Calvin worshipped the God of Abraham. Do you wanna know what Jefferson said about the God of Abraham?

{Jefferson was….} A detractor of all priests, he found those of the Hebrew Bible “a bloodthirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the being whom they represented as the family of god of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel.”

But John Calvin worshipped the God of Abraham. Do you wanna know what Jefferson said about the God of Abraham?
Doesn't matter. Jefferson believed in the existence of a providential, moralistic God of Nature. Whose existence and causal relation to the world is the source of natural-rights. Christians believe that too. All of the founding fathers believed that.

Doesn't matter. Jefferson believed in the existence of a providential, moralistic God of Nature. Whose existence and causal relation to the world is the source of natural-rights. Christians believe that too. All of the founding fathers believed that.
But Jefferson did not believe it was possible for his God to have an immortal son on earth, born of a virgin, who was crucified, then buried, and then rose from the dead.

As I understand it, without that belief there is no such thing as a Christian religion for people to be forced into believing out of fear of going to hell.

But Jefferson did not believe it was possible for his God to have an immortal son on earth, born of a virgin, who was crucified, then buried, and then rose from the dead.

As I understand it, without that belief there is no such thing as a Christian religion for people to be forced into believing out of fear of going to hell.
Who cares? Was that relevant in any way to the founding of America?

They believed in the existence of a providential, moralistic God of Nature. Whose existence and causal relation to the world is the source of natural-rights.

It's the establishment of the natural-rights that are important. I can't help it if it offends you that natural rights come from God. But that is exactly what the founders believed; Deists and Christians alike.

Who cares? Was that relevant in any way to the founding of America?

They believed in the existence of a providential, moralistic God of Nature. Whose existence and causal relation to the world is the source of natural-rights.

It's the establishment of the natural-rights that are important. I can't help it if it offends you that natural rights come from God. But that is exactly what the founders believed; Deists and Christians alike.
Deists----that means anglicans who understood that a religion invented
so that Henry could decapitate wives and lots of other people----is not
entirely credible

Deists----that means anglicans who understood that a religion invented
so that Henry could decapitate wives and lots of other people----is not
entirely credible
That doesn't seem quite right on a number of levels. What did Ringo Starr have to say?

Jefferson is ---in your befuddled eyes----A PARAGON?
Using the adjective befuddled implies you think you already know how my eyes see Jefferson, right? So what possible nugget of wisdom could you possibly hope to gain from my answer?

No, an imperfect human being like everyone else.

Using the adjective befuddled implies you think you already know how my eyes see Jefferson, right? So what possible nugget of wisdom could you possibly hope to gain from my answer?

No, an imperfect human being like everyone else.
and beyond----the spawn of england

Forum List

Back