Zone1 Christianity and our founding fathers

So glad the mods allowed W to turn this into a Christian Nationalism thread. SMH.

"...This article makes four claims about Jay's understanding of religious liberty. First, Jay's appreciation of religious liberty grew out of personal and familial experience. His concerns for religious liberty were not simply abstract. They emerged from his family's actual experience of religious intolerance and subsequent discovery of religious liberty. Second, Jay's understanding of religious liberty developed over time. His increasing comprehension of the principles of religious liberty holds promise because it demonstrates that thinkers can develop a greater appreciation of the principle. Third, for Jay, religious liberty encouraged religious believers to bring their faith to bear on politics, and it did not imply privatization or secularization. Instead, expression of religion in public could promote corporate success. Thus, religious liberty was an invitation for public engagement, rather than a wall built to oppose it. Fourth, Jay's experience with religious liberty encouraged movement toward a more voluntary expression of Christianity in the new nation. In the process, he found this new organization for Christianity beneficial for the growth of the faith. When put together, these ideas suggest that Jay witnessed and participated in the creation of an ideal of religious liberty for America during the founding era. Importantly, they communicate significant ideas from the founding era which bear repeating, understanding, and appreciating in the present....

Someone who believes that America was founded by white Christian protestants as a Christian nation in order for the nation to serve the Judeo Christian Biblical God’s purpose.
You seem to be bent on hatred for America and all it stands for. You make straw men and then burn them down claiming you have proven your assertions but all you have is a pile of ashes. You have no proof of American servitude to any Church. The Founders separated Church and State but did not limit what one could believe, which is what you want to do.

Marxists always try to tear away at the foundation of the society they wish to supplant. The Marxist alt-left have taken over the Democrat party in America and have been busy spreading lies and false information about the founding and Founders of America to the historically ignorant. Ignorance naturally breeds Marxism.
False. The Founders would have excluded you.

Maybe not Ding.

Last edited:
You seem to be bent on hatred for America and all it stands for. You make straw men and then burn them down claiming you have proven your assertions but all you have is a pile of ashes. You have no proof of American servitude to any Church. The Founders separated Church and State but did not limit what one could believe, which is what you want to do.
W's on a "crusade" against modern day Christianity. In large part because of Roe v Wade getting overturned. But given his screen name it most likely started with George Bush back in the early 2000's. He's on a mission. I don't believe there is anything he wouldn't say or do.

So glad the mods allowed W to turn this into a Christian Nationalism thread. SM
{240319 #423}

Christianity and our founding fathers 240319 {post•430}

I’m sure the mods read the OP.

Saint Ding should do the same.

An excerpt from the OP:

Christianity and our founding fathers 240119 {post•1} my2¢ Jan’24 Scaoff: For a while now I've not bought into the idea that America was founded as a Christian nation. myncnts 240119 Scaoff00001

nfbw 240319 Vcaoff00430 to Scaoff00423

Last edited:
Christianity and our founding fathers 240319 {post•429}

I’m sure the mods read the OP. Saint Ding should do the same.

An excerpt from the OP:

Christianity and our founding fathers 240119 {post•1} my2¢ Jan’24 Scaoff: For a while now I've not bought into the idea that America was founded as a Christian nation. myncnts 240119 Scaoff00001
Says the guy who hijacked the thread because of his OCD with MODERN day Christians. Again... I don't believe there isn't anything you wouldn't do or say. You are a true ideologue.

Read the Op. Focus on FACTS. I don’t do personal attacks in Zone 1.

America was not founded as a Christian nation.

That is a fact.

Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian. All talk of America’s Christian heritage must not include Thomas Jefferson in that heritage and in my opinion the first four presidents and the 80 percent of the population in 1776 were not Christians.

Says the guy who hijacked the thread because of his OCD with MODERN day Christians.

I love modern day Christians. The Black Christian Church is a great American Institution. And I love the American Jewish Community.

I think Trump is wrong about American Jews.

Trump this week told right-wing podcaster Sebastian Gorka that "any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion, they hate everything about Israel, and they should be ashamed of themselves."

W's on a "crusade" against modern day Christianity. In large part because of Roe v Wade getting overturned. But given his screen name it most likely started with George Bush back in the early 2000's. He's on a mission. I don't believe there is anything he wouldn't say or do.
Funny, I guess W doesn't know Roe was never really overturned it just gave abortion back to the States. The Federal Government had no reason to be involved with abortion in the first place. 'W' he can still kill his illegitimate, inconvenient offspring with reckless abandon in the many States that still have abortion. He might even be able to off her and put a MAGA hat on her. She'd probably get off in this corrupt legal system.

Read the Op. Focus on FACTS. I don’t do personal attacks in Zone 1.

America was not founded as a Christian nation.

That is a fact.

Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian. All talk of America’s Christian heritage must not include Thomas Jefferson in that heritage and in my opinion the first four presidents and the 80 percent of the population in 1776 were not Christians.
Seems to me the only people talking about that are far left Democrats. Everyone else can see that America has no State religion, does not disallow other religions and, in fact, allows for robust religious pluralism.

I love modern day Christians. The Black Christian Church is a great American Institution. And I love the American Jewish Community.

I think Trump is wrong about American Jews.

Trump this week told right-wing podcaster Sebastian Gorka that "any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion, they hate everything about Israel, and they should be ashamed of themselves."
Trump was not talking about ALL American Jews and, the statement was made contrary to Schumer's anti-Jewish speech.

Trump was not talking about ALL American Jews and, the statement was made contrary to Schumer's anti-Jewish speech.
So do you condone Trump saying any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion, they hate everything about Israel, That is nine out of ten American Jews Saint Leo123 .Why are you defending that Christian man?

Schumer criticized the government of Israel that takes military aid from the U.S.

All talk of America’s Christian heritage must not include Thomas Jefferson in that heritage
Thomas Jefferson believed:
  1. In the existence of a creator.
  2. That the creator was moralistic.
  3. That the creator was providential.
  4. That natural rights come from the creator.
Same as the Christians believed.

Forum List

Back