Christian radicals vs. muslim radicals

What, specifically, are you asking for - evil individuals or evil groups – against other groups or other individuals? Exactly how many individuals must be in the groups? Anyway, enough of the bean counting and hair-splitting. Evils have been committed by Muslims and Muslim groups against other people and groups. Evils have been committed by Christians and Christian groups against other people and groups.

I'm asking for Proof of "Christian Terrorists" as was claimed earlier in this thread. Showing a Crime committed by ONE or TWO people who CLAIM a warped view of Christianity is not even CLOSE to backing up the claim that "Christian Terrorism" exists.

I'm asking for Proof of "Christian Terrorists" as was claimed earlier in this thread. Showing a Crime committed by ONE or TWO people who CLAIM a warped view of Christianity is not even CLOSE to backing up the claim that "Christian Terrorism" exists.

Probably the closest thing to organized Christian terrorism is the abortion clinic bombing, which grows out of the abortion clinic harassment and protest movement. The harassment and protesting is legit, the bombing is in fact terrorism. But that's very small scale compared to this Muslim crap and it's located only in one anomalous country (ours) whereas Islamofacism is international and intercontinental in scope.

Whether abortion clinic bombing and assassination of doctors qualifies as "organized Christian terrorism" depends on whether you think these are extreme actions within the group of abortion protesters or instead loose cannons on the fringe or outside of the main group. My personal opinion is that the groups must bear some responsibility because many members condone these acts.

Either way it's miniscule compared to Islamic terrorism. The world is not in threat of being run over or destroyed by abortion clinic protesters. Plus they can make a good argument for their cause (short of the bombings and murders) whereas there is no good argument for Islam.

I’ll ask you again to clarify your criteria for what you are looking for. How many people must be involved to satisfy you? Since I am not getting a specific and straight answer to my question, I will give some examples. I imagine that DMP will find some way to disqualify them.

http://experts.about.com/e/c/ch/Christian_terrorism.htm

List of Christian Terrorist Organizations
* Christian Identity movement
* Ku Klux Klan (A racist Protestant Christian organization founded during the Reconstruction in the former Confederate States of America)
* The Order (1980s-present)

Other Christian-related terror groups with nationalist motivations include:
* Lord's Resistance Army (Christian/Pagan/Muslim) (1987-present) (Uganda)
* Nagaland Rebels (1948-present) (Nagaland), including:
** The National Liberation Front of Tripura
* God's Army (a rebel faction of the Karen ethnic minority in Burma)

List of Christian Terrorist Organizations
* Christian Identity movement
* Ku Klux Klan (A racist Protestant Christian organization founded during the Reconstruction in the former Confederate States of America)
* The Order (1980s-present)

Other Christian-related terror groups with nationalist motivations include:
* Lord's Resistance Army (Christian/Pagan/Muslim) (1987-present) (Uganda)
* Nagaland Rebels (1948-present) (Nagaland), including:
** The National Liberation Front of Tripura
* God's Army (a rebel faction of the Karen ethnic minority in Burma)

Nice list Matt, and let's assume they are all legitimate. Do you think this list comes anywhere near the list of Muslim terrorist groups, or the numbers that are involved with them?

I am not a Christian or a Muslim, I have no horse in this race.

Nice list Matt, and let's assume they are all legitimate. Do you think this list comes anywhere near the list of Muslim terrorist groups, or the numbers that are involved with them?

I am not a Christian or a Muslim, I have no horse in this race.

How many men did it take to hijack 4 planes? Numbers don't really matter with terrorism. The smaller the group, the more dangerous it is.

How many men did it take to hijack 4 planes? Numbers don't really matter with terrorism. The smaller the group, the more dangerous it is.

Any terrorist is dangerous and scary, even an ex-husband who violates his restraining order and annoys his ex and the kids is a terrorist.

My point is that if you take Christians and divide them into terrorists an non-terrorists, the number of terrorists is very small.

Hinduism has one of the worst terrorist organizations in the world, the Tamil Tigers, and some other terrorist activity that goes on in India. Nevertheless I wouldn't characterize Hindus as terrorists overall.

Muslims on the other hand have institutionalized terrorism to the point that terrorist groups are elected governments in some countries and there are pan-Islamic heroes who are major terrorists. :dev1:

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
My point is that if you take Christians and divide them into terrorists an non-terrorists, the number of terrorists is very small.

It's less than small - it's so small as to be 'nill'. There are NO christian Terror networks, or signifigant organizations who commit acts of terror in the name of Christ.

Islamic terrorists are world-wide, and their handiwork is well known.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
It's less than small - it's so small as to be 'nill'. There are NO christian Terror networks, or signifigant organizations who commit acts of terror in the name of Christ.

Seems to me that this is so obvious that you shouldn't even have to mention it. But I guess it's not to everyone, huh?

Uh. Hello. I just gave you a small list. It shows that there are Christian Terrorist Organizations and other Christian-related terror groups. It should be evident that there is at least one Christian terror organization that commits acts of terror in the name of Christ. Do some reading. Check out "God's Army". The very title of the organization is evidence enough.

Christian terrorists exist.

Muslim terrorists exist.

There are many more Muslim terrorists than Christian terrorists.

What's there to debate over?

I just find it fascinating that DMP can sit there and categorically state that There are NO christian Terror networks who commit acts of terror in the name of Christ.

On the other hand, I believe that there are “Christian” terrorist organizations and I believe that there are “Islamic” terrorist organizations. I believe that there are a great many more Islamic terrorists and Islamic terrorist organizations than there are Christian terrorists and Christian terrorist organizations. I think that DMP is letting his anti-Islam and pro-Christian bias interfere with his acceptance of reality.

As the character Spock said to the character McCoy in the movie “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn” You must learn to govern your passions. They will be your undoing.

I gave you a list of Christian Terrorist organizations and other Christian-related terror groups but you still deny their existence. I just don’t get it.

You didnt. You named ONE 'group' which hasn't bombed any airplanes, buildings or attempted to cause "Terror". Then you listed other groups which SUPPOSEDLY are 'terrorists groups'. If they ARE, they are suckiest terrorist groups ever, because nobody is terrified of them.

Why do you want to believe Christians enjoy Killing people for their non-beilief?

I think I know why - so you feel better. You'll think to yourself "Christians are no different than anyone else. Why should I believe?" You comfort yourself that way, perhaps?

You didnt. You named ONE 'group' which hasn't bombed any airplanes, buildings or attempted to cause "Terror". Then you listed other groups which SUPPOSEDLY are 'terrorists groups'. If they ARE, they are suckiest terrorist groups ever, because nobody is terrified of them.

Why do you want to believe Christians enjoy Killing people for their non-beilief?

I think I know why - so you feel better. You'll think to yourself "Christians are no different than anyone else. Why should I believe?" You comfort yourself that way, perhaps?

(1.) Your criteria did not include bombing any airplanes, buildings or attempting to cause "Terror".

(2.) Why do you say that I listed groups that SUPPOSEDLY are 'terrorists groups’? Do you doubt the information on the web site that I referenced?

(3.) You said, “If they ARE, they are suckiest terrorist groups ever, because nobody is terrified of them.” Your criteria did not include a requirement that the terrorist groups not suck.

Look. Why don’t you simply admit the truth? You made the statement that there are NO Christian Terror networks. I think that, technically, I proved you wrong.

The rest of your post is irrelevant if not erroneous attempts at mind reading and ad hominem. First of all, want has nothing to do with reality. Secondly, I don’t want to believe that Christians kill people. Yet, it is evident that Christians and Christian groups have killed people based on belief (whether the people’s beliefs are real or not). It is simply a matter of fact.

I understand Matt's point here, Christians are capable of terrorism. The Spanish Inquisition I suppose would be a good example of state sponsored terrorism. But that happened a long time ago.

I just think that trying to equalize things by saying "all religions or groups have terrorists" takes the edge off the extraordinary threat that is posed by a specific religion, the Muslims, who intend to destroy Western Culture and kill all of us and our descendants. As much as I dislike abortion clinic bombings they don't hold a candle to annihilation of everything we hold dear. :dunno:

These people are the biggest threat the world has ever faced from any group of people. They make the Nazis look like some kids throwing spitballs in class. There are no suitable comparisons.

These people are the biggest threat the world has ever faced from any group of people. They make the Nazis look like some kids throwing spitballs in class. There are no suitable comparisons.

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?

The evil of the Nazis was very real. I am not trying to minimize it.

The reasons I think the Muslims are worse than the Nazis:

1. There are more of them.
2. They are not concentrated in one or two countries as the Nazis were.
3. Furthermore they are all over the globe.
4. Breeding like rats.
5. The Nazis wanted to take over the world but not at the expense of destroying it. The Muslims want to take over the world, but if they can't they'll settle for destroying it.
6. In general the stakes are bigger now, because the weapons are more powerful.

I could probably think of more but how's that for starters?

Forum List

Back