Zone1 Christian Nationalism is Not Chrstianity!

Maybe he is confusing disagreeing with the solution with not being charitable. By any objective measure Americans ARE charitable.

So is it the job of the government to be charitable or is it the job of the people? Because government charity doesn't seem to be solving the problem of poverty.

It is the job of everyone. And if we spent the money on poverty that we do on the military, we'd have no poverty.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you meant by that.

I was looking more for something like, "3 million", or "14% of the population".
Maybe this will help from a Pew study; 14% of Americans favor ending the separation of church and state / 54% do not. 15% want the US declared as a Christian Nation / 73%do not. The problem is that these extremists have very loud voices. They are attempting to drown out the voices of reason. And in fact this actually so contradicts what Jesus taught, " render unto Caesar what is his and to God what is his. " But look what they did they followed trump, they ,may as well have followed the devil himself so you can expect anything, it's like the last hurrah of all the religions is happening at the same time.

Maybe this will help from a Pew study; 14% of Americans favor ending the separation of church and state / 54% do not. 15% want the US declared as a Christian Nation / 73%do not. .....

Not really.

The "seperation of church and state" is too vague to be helpful. There is no way of telling what the people polled thought they were agreeing to, when they clicked that box.

Last edited:
Not really.

The "seperation of church and state" is too vague to be helpful. There is no way of telling what the people polled thought they were agreeing to, when they clicked that box.
If they knew that this threatened our democracy I don't think they would have said they are Christian nationalists nationalism is what builds autocratic States and fascist States. Fortunately most Americans are very patriotic and wouldn't dream of endangering our nation's future. I'm not concerned. There will always be a few crazies in any group.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It is the job of everyone. And if we spent the money on poverty that we do on the military, we'd have no poverty.
We need a healthy military but we don't need to start a arms race with anyone.

• Thanks
If they knew that this threatened our democracy I don't think they would have said they are Christian nationalists nationalism is what builds autocratic States and fascist States. Fortunately most Americans are very patriotic and wouldn't dream of endangering our nation's future. I'm not concerned. There will always be a few crazies in any group.

1. Nationalism does not build autocratic states.

2. So, "few" is your guess? Kind of mine too.

LOL, you're not really serious are you.
Actually I am. Because I'm not talking about the so called liberation theology made up by white right wingers used to denigrate black preachers. Look at what Jesus taught. It was about liberation.

Liberation theology is what Christ preached.
Ignore my other comment I looked up liberation theology and that is exactly what Jesus preached. Not by military means or anything, but by listening to one's own conscience and reasoning. Above All Else Jesus was a reasonable man. I believe he'd be ashamed of all the people who call themselves Christian and ask her emotionally about all kinds of issues these days.

• Thanks
Ignore my other comment I looked up liberation theology and that is exactly what Jesus preached. Not by military means or anything, but by listening to one's own conscience and reasoning. Above All Else Jesus was a reasonable man. I believe he'd be ashamed of all the people who call themselves Christian and ask her emotionally about all kinds of issues these days.
He'd be turning over plenty of church tables, that's for sure.

We spend more on our military than the other top ten military nations combined. This makes no sense.
I know, and it's very foolish. Most of the government contracts are not legitimate by any means, they overpay on everything when they should be bargaining with all the leverage they have.

• Thanks
He'd be turning over plenty of church tables, that's for sure.
There's a preacher out in Colorado that is preaching killing gays is doing God's work. I think Jesus would start with him and send him straight to hell where he belongs.

• Thanks
I know, and it's very foolish. Most of the government contracts are not legitimate by any means, they overpay on everything when they should be bargaining with all the leverage they have.
Yeah, people overcharge the government even as they are supposed to contract with low bidders.

There's a preacher out in Colorado that is preaching killing gays is doing God's work. I think Jesus would start with him and send him straight to hell where he belongs.
Yep. Jesus would tell a gay person to stop sinning but still would show them respect as a person. I'm quite sure there were gay people in the crowds when Jesus spoke.

Yep. Jesus would tell a gay person to stop sinning but still would show them respect as a person. I'm quite sure there were gay people in the crowds when Jesus spoke.
There were many. And Jesus just spoke to the crowd, not differentiating them. That has to mean something.

• Thanks
Look, the topic of the thread, which IM2 posted, was about Dominionists.

Dominionists have this delusion, that THEY were the one's that founded this nation, not deisists.

However, it was the Catholics, and the Anabaptists, united with the free blacks, who read the following verse, in the Bible;

1 Timothy 1:10

And finally decided? You know what? It is time we live up to the rhetoric and end slavery in this nation once and for all. What IM2 left out of the OP, is that there is a definite undercurrent to the dominionists.

White
Dominionism
The Taxonomy of White Radicalism

Now, you can try to divert the OP for your own little crusade, and I have, indeed, read many a critical pieces by lefty authors whose biggest axe to grind on the Dominists, is that they are against allowing folks with a penis, the use the ladies room. or they are alarmed that christian nationalists want to ban trans folks right to compete professionally, or in school, in girls sports.

And you know what? If that is the hill that folks want to try to battle the dominionists on? They WILL lose the battle against American Neo-fascism in the court of public opinion.

Your opinion on what the Bible may, or may not mean? Is just that, opinion. Folks have been debating those translations, and their meaning, for longer than you have been alive.

I find it sort of coincidental, that the same bible verse that antislavery Christians fought the Dominionists on, over the morality of slavery, is the same verse that condemns idolizing and make a god of sex, and same sex relations among men.

Interesting. Quite an interesting commentary on modern society, IMO.

:eusa_think:

Dominionists really weren't a thing until the early 1900s.

It didn't become popular until 1970.

Last edited:
Well it did in Italy and it did in Germany during world war II.

That's TWO out of hundreds...so....

Also, EMPIRES, are anti-nationism and were generally pretty oppressive... so.

how is any of this relevant to anything?

Forum List

Back