Christian Bible More ‘Bloodthirsty’ than Quran

"The source is Frontpage Mag - hardly unbiased. I'm pretty skeptical of it. For example, it ignores the fact that unlike the Bible, the Koran includes a lot of rules and mitigating factors for violence."

It is always GOOD to read a book before commenting on it. The bible is chock full of RULES regarding the mitigation of violence-------the koran and Islamic law elaborated by Islamic scholars BASED on the Koran and Hadiths place limits on
violence by CRIMINALIZING violence against muslims as opposed to violence
against non muslims which is rarely criminalized and often sanctioned unrestrained ----even in the rare cases in which it is criminalized-----the penalties are TRIVIAL. A good example is MURDER of a non muslim by a muslim. Such a murder CANNOT be construed as a capital crime. The penalty is a very trivial fine-------for the murder of a non muslim man by a muslim man-----the maximum penalty is a fine equal to
1/4 of the value of a muslim male life---. Such a penalty is rarely enforced since
it virtually impossible to convict a muslim of a crime against a non muslim------
The Hitch is that testimony by a non muslim which conflicts with that of a muslim ----is COMPLTELY invalid in an Islamic court. It is always good to READ the books upon which one comments

"Christian Bible More Bloodthirsty Than the Quran" -

Any bloodthirsty references in the Bible are historical accounts of events that happened thousand of years ago.

In Islam these same references are not only historical but also ideological in the sense that commands are given how to act at all times.

The Bible has progressed with the times but Islam is still stuck in the time warp of the 7th century and it orders its followers to commit all the appalling atrocities that the Quran expects of their faithful.

"Christian Bible More Bloodthirsty Than the Quran" -

Any bloodthirsty references in the Bible are historical accounts of events that happened thousand of years ago.

In Islam these same references are not only historical but also ideological in the sense that commands are given how to act at all times.

The Bible has progressed with the times but Islam is still stuck in the time warp of the 7th century and it orders its followers to commit all the appalling atrocities that the Quran expects of their faithful.

I like to evaluate ---Judaism, Christianity and Islam----in the manner I know that
Jews and Christians and muslims evaluate their respective texts and religion.
I know----because I am a jew----grew up amongst Christians---sharing in their holidays, their "sundays" and ideas that children and young people always throw at each other and worked closely with muslims for almost 50 years. Unlike most people---I actually did read the books. Sky----you might be interested to know that
muslims consider themselves to be THE MOST SCHOLARLY UP TO DATE
AND WAY AHEAD OF EVERYONE ELSE----in the world. In fact they see
themselves as the BIG TIME INNOVATORS in Law, Medicine,
Philosophy, Science, math and GENERAL CIVILIZATION ------in all of history. Its Christians and jooooos dat is PRIMITIVE. I do not recall much violence at all
in the NT_---------violence was--HISTORICALLY committed by the ROMANS---and
did not decrease with the declaration of Christianity as the RELIGION OF
ROME------in fact it stayed barbaric to the extreme and Roman barbarism became
CHRISTIAN BARBARISM (don't blame Jesus---he has nothing to do with it).
The OT is far more a compendium of HISTORY OF THE MIDDLE EAST---
and its incessant warfare than is anything in the NT. The NT does not even get
into the ongoing barbarism of Rome at THAT TIME

It's certainly true the Middle East is a hotbed of violence and war. How much of it is sectarian religiously motivated and how much is tribal would take a scholar of history to determine. I don't automatically assume that one religion or another is in some kind of pecking order.

I think all the religions have some violent content in their holy books. In some parts of the world, Christians behave just as barbaric as Muslims. Like Africa.
I told Christians if you want respect you have to acted like islamist and start cutting off heads, good for them. They should go and fight isis on their own terms. Now those muslims getting killed in central africa is just pay backs for when they slaughtered the same Christians...

I think all the religions have some violent content in their holy books. In some parts of the world, Christians behave just as barbaric as Muslims. Like Africa.

I think that there is an issue with SEMANTICS "HOLY BOOK" is a misleading.
Neither the OT nor the NT nor the Koran is purely a THEOLOGICAL DISCUSSION----it is a recounting of purported historical events

Forum List

Back