Child Tax Credits and Stimulus

DBA

Diamond Member
May 10, 2015
Are child tax credits and stimulus money here forever? Does anyone wonder why there are so many people not working while there are so many jobs available?

The child tax ”credit” is a handout for those that don’t have income and why on earth are we still giving out stimulus checks?

How to file your tax returns

Are child tax credits and stimulus money here forever? Does anyone wonder why there are so many people not working while there are so many jobs available?

The child tax ”credit” is a handout for those that don’t have income and why on earth are we still giving out stimulus checks?

Child tax credits are misnamed - they’re just welfare. You don’t even have to have a job or any earned income to get them.

And you’ve answered your own question: we have so many people not working because we are handing out welfare equivalent to as much as $50,000 a year. There are entire welfare families with three of four adults, and a few children, living together in one house with everyone on food stamps, TANF, and “child tax credits” - and no adult has a job.

It’s time to stop handing out money from working people (or seniors who worked for 40 years) to 25- and 30-year olds who refuse to take a job.

Child tax credits are misnamed - they’re just welfare. You don’t even have to have a job or any earned income to get them.

And you’ve answered your own question: we have so many people not working because we are handing out welfare equivalent to as much as $50,000 a year. There are entire welfare families with three of four adults, and a few children, living together in one house with everyone on food stamps, TANF, and “child tax credits” - and no adult has a job.

It’s time to stop handing out money from working people (or seniors who worked for 40 years) to 25- and 30-year olds who refuse to take a job.
Well they stole from me for 50 years so I want all I can get back. ;)

It was established as a part of the 1997 Taxpayer Relief Act. Eligible recipients subtract the credit amount from their owed federal income taxes. Originally, the tax credit was $400 per child under age 17 and nonrefundable for most families.

So probably forever.

Well they stole from me for 50 years so I want all I can get back. ;)
You’ll never get it back, nor will I. The best we can hope for is to put a stop to the stealing NOW. The problem is that the Dems’ plan is to move more than half of all Americans onto government charity programs so they will vote for Dems forever.

P.S. I think we should call them “government charity programs.” I just heard a non-working single mother say that she just got her tax refund deposited into her account. What tax refund? She pays no tax. She should realize she just got her “charity payment” deposited, which came from working people with jobs.

It was established as a part of the 1997 Taxpayer Relief Act. Eligible recipients subtract the credit amount from their owed federal income taxes. Originally, the tax credit was $400 per child under age 17 and nonrefundable for most families.

So probably forever.
Yep, it will only grow ever bigger.....The slag politicians found them a fine way to raid the Treasury to buy votes.

That's OK, our new brown overlords will pick-up the labor slack.

This is something that helps poor people.

For the 2022 tax year, people with kids under the age of 17 may be eligible to claim a tax credit of up to $2,000 per qualifying dependent, and $1,500 of that credit may be refundable. We'll cover who qualifies, how to claim it and how much you might receive per child.

The expanded child tax credit was originally offered through President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package. The government says some families may be leaving up to $3,600 per child unclaimed, as well as other payments owed to them.

Thank you Biden.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA

For the 2022 tax year, people with kids under the age of 17 may be eligible to claim a tax credit of up to $2,000 per qualifying dependent, and $1,500 of that credit may be refundable. We'll cover who qualifies, how to claim it and how much you might receive per child.

The expanded child tax credit was originally offered through President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package. The government says some families may be leaving up to $3,600 per child unclaimed, as well as other payments owed to them.

Thank you Biden.

No, it is rewarding irresponsibility. It isn’t as if this is all the money they receive. This is just another handout, a reward for having another child. Remember, all other benefits increase as well with the addition of another child. If a mother pays no rent, gets SNAP, gets free healthcare for her and her children and then gets a nice little stipend on top of that for having another child, why worry about being responsible.

Democrats are REALLY stupid people.

Last edited:
No, it is rewarding irresponsibility. It isn’t as if this is all the money they receive. This is just another handout, a reward for having another child. Remember, all other benefits increase as well with the addition of another child. If a mother pays not rent, gets SNAP, gets free healthcare for her and her children and then gets a nice little stipend on top of that for having another child, why worry about being responsible.

I think privately even Republicans would admit the machine needs more bodies than the American people are producing. This is what happens when corporations control our government. They want growth. Growth means more bodies. More consumers. That either comes through immigration or birth rates.

I can't argue with you. I hope we all look at the planet and do things to DISCOURAGE poor people from having more kids.

But I think you and me know government, religion and corporations want more bodies not less.

I'm with you on this one.

No, it is rewarding irresponsibility. It isn’t as if this is all the money they receive. This is just another handout, a reward for having another child. Remember, all other benefits increase as well with the addition of another child. If a mother pays not rent, gets SNAP, gets free healthcare for her and her children and then gets a nice little stipend on top of that for having another child, why worry about being responsible.

Due to demographic changes, the U.S. Social Security system will face financial challenges in the near future. Declining fertility rates and increasing life expectancies are causing the U.S. population to age. Today 12 percent of the total population is aged 65 or older, but by 2080, it will be 23 percent. At the same time, the working-age population is shrinking from 60 percent today to a projected 54 percent in 2080. Consequently, the Social Security system is experiencing a declining worker-to-beneficiary ratio, which will fall from 3.3 in 2005 to 2.1 in 2040 (the year in which the Social Security trust fund is projected to be exhausted). This presents a significant challenge to policymakers.

Thank you Biden.

I read your link. It says the explanation from the government as to how families can get this “free” money is written in English and Spanish. Why? I thought these redistribution programs only went to U.S. citizens, and even naturalized citizens have to pass an English proficiency test.

I read your link. It says the explanation from the government as to how families can get this “free” money is written in English and Spanish. Why? I thought these redistribution programs only went to U.S. citizens, and even naturalized citizens have to pass an English proficiency test.

For years my Greek Grandparents came here and probably couldn't read English. Is that required to become a citizen? Nope. My ex girlfriends sister, husband and 2 kids came here from Belarus I know they can't read english.

But they would never write them in Greek or Belarus because we are such small part of the population. Now Hispanics? There are a lot of them in America. So many we cater to them. You don't like it? You must not have any foreigners in your family. If you did you'd understand.

Where most of Welfare/EICs/Food stamps etc..... where the money ends up.... FACT

360_F_207587210_3dVkrjztfmQVzpbjt3DQJuZ9e3AZ0f2u.jpg

I think privately even Republicans would admit the machine needs more bodies than the American people are producing. This is what happens when corporations control our government. They want growth. Growth means more bodies. More consumers. That either comes through immigration or birth rates.

I can't argue with you. I hope we all look at the planet and do things to DISCOURAGE poor people from having more kids.

But I think you and me know government, religion and corporations want more bodies not less.

I'm with you on this one.

More bodies that don’t work is a net loss. Makes little sense. Republicans want more responsible bodies, Democratic politicians want more dependent voters leading to more control. Democrats are global elitists taking advantage of their naive, ignorant and brainwashed electorate.

Do they? My Italian grandparents immigrated here from Tripoli and both became citizens after 5 years here, in New York City. My grandfather spoke broken English by that time, but my grandmother had a very hard time with it! She worked full time in a factory making fake fur coats and sat next to a Jewish woman who became her best friend who happen to know some Italian, so she interpreted to my Nonna (grandmom) on what the bosses wanted done.

Grandmom, was given the citizenship questions and my grandma studied and practiced the answers. She got her citizenship. It was silly, easy, questions like, Who was the first president of the United States?

Forum List

Back