Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

Basic economics 101 (despite the fact California gives sanctuary to illegal aliens), I digress. The cost of living goes up, this is comparatively akin to cutting off a end of rope and adding it to the rope to make it longer. The economy doesn't work that way. Life doesn't work that way. Liberals exist on another plane of existence. Mostly rich white looking for a reason to excuse being alive. I don't know, but they know way better.

Basic economics 101 (despite the fact California gives sanctuary to illegal aliens), I digress. The cost of living goes up, this is comparatively akin to cutting off a end of rope and adding it to the rope to make it longer. The economy doesn't work that way. Life doesn't work that way. Liberals exist on another plane of existence. Mostly rich white looking for a reason to excuse being alive. I don't know, but they know way better.

Reverse engineering utopia is tricky.....

When they have conditions matching those this owner found himself in and he proves he can maintain profitability paying those wages.

I thought you claimed to have a great deal of business knowledge. You're not doing a great deal to prove that true.

A Chick-fil-A operator IS NOT an owner. Chick owns ALL of their restaurants.
You are full of shit.
Franchise Opportunities

Ready for a knee capping? I would have expected YOU above all to have found this.....

You should have found it, before you stupidly claimed there were no franchises.

I knew it before I started the thread. Chick, it ain't no franchise. The operator has no financial stake in employee pay. It's corporate that pays. Corporate can afford it. Every business can afford to pay a living wage.

You just keep repeating that as if it was true. It's not.

You're selfish if you don't pay them at least 110% of their added value.

No, I'm stating value added labor is non since.

Then you don't run a successful business and have no idea what you're talking about.

There is no such thing as value added labor.

That just means you have no idea how much any of your employees contribute to your bottom line and you're paying them blindly, which means several things:

You're a stupid business owner.
You're incredibly selfish for not giving them all your profits. After all, you can obviously pay more, but are not.

If you have no idea how much an employee adds to the bottom line, you don't know if keeping him around is smart or stupid. That's stupid.

Without employees, a business wouldn't have a bottom line.

And having too many employees, or paying them more than they contribute, causes the same situation.

When are the rest of the Chick-fil-A's going to follow?

When they have conditions matching those this owner found himself in and he proves he can maintain profitability paying those wages.

I thought you claimed to have a great deal of business knowledge. You're not doing a great deal to prove that true.

Is corporate setting these wages, ie are all franchises paying them, or is this one owner doing it on his own?

Why not? Chick is corporate owned.
Because paying employees more than they contribute would drive them bankrupt.

You're saying that the operator in California is shooting corporate the finger?
If he loses money, he's shooting himself in the foot.

Only if revenue slows. The operator has no personal stake in the operation, other then the $10k he/she paid for the job.
If he's losing money, revenue doesn't have to slow to drive him under.
Are you seriously claiming you could open a location with only $10k?
That's hilarious!

Again. The operator is paid 5-7% of revenue. There is no indication of any Chick losing money.

Yes, according to Chicks own website, you pay $10k for a job. A Chick operator has no assets in the business.

You are full of shit.
Franchise Opportunities

Ready for a knee capping? I would have expected YOU above all to have found this.....

I knew it before I started the thread. Chick, it ain't no franchise. The operator has no financial stake in employee pay. It's corporate that pays. Corporate can afford it. Every business can afford to pay a living wage.

You knew there were franchises when you said there were no franchises? DERP!
Why would you claim corporate pays the employees of the franchises?
Sounds like your mad cow has gotten worse.

A franchise implies that the franchisee has some kind of asset ownership. A Chick operator has no asset ownership. The money that pays employees comes from corporate.

You are full of shit.
Franchise Opportunities

You just keep repeating that as if it was true. It's not.

Prove I'm wrong.

No, I'm stating value added labor is non since.

Then you don't run a successful business and have no idea what you're talking about.

That just means you have no idea how much any of your employees contribute to your bottom line and you're paying them blindly, which means several things:

You're incredibly selfish for not giving them all your profits. After all, you can obviously pay more, but are not.

If you have no idea how much an employee adds to the bottom line, you don't know if keeping him around is smart or stupid. That's stupid.

And having too many employees, or paying them more than they contribute, causes the same situation.

Employees make ALL OF THE MONEY for the employer.

Is corporate setting these wages, ie are all franchises paying them, or is this one owner doing it on his own?

A typical operator of a Chick nets $130k+/-/yr. How would an operator pay his/her employees?

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Profit in fast food is huge, they don't have too.

It is for them. Not so much for the rest.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?
The chick Fil A in my area is cheaper than a visit to other fast food places for me. Sometimes traffic will be wrapped around the restaurant going through the drive through; however, the wait time is still less than waiting in a shorter line at other fast food places. Bottom line, they have polite employees that provide quick and efficient service. The product is higher quality than most other fast food restaurants at the best price. They are the best in fast food.

They can afford to come charge higher prices because they put out a quality product.

Chick Fil A buys their product from the same place every other fast food chain buys theirs, why would there be a difference?
Well now, I'm glad you asked. Chick Fil A charges higher prices than other fast food chains do. They can do that because they provide a higher quality product and eating experience. Thus, they are more profitable. I mean, how did you not know this?
The chick Fil A in my area is cheaper than a visit to other fast food places for me. Sometimes traffic will be wrapped around the restaurant going through the drive through; however, the wait time is still less than waiting in a shorter line at other fast food places. Bottom line, they have polite employees that provide quick and efficient service. The product is higher quality than most other fast food restaurants at the best price. They are the best in fast food.

I like Cane's, and they don't discriminate.

So what?

Neither does Chik Fil a.

A typical operator of a Chick nets $130k+/-/yr. How would an operator pay his/her employees?

That doesn't address the question.

1. Does the operator set the wages at his store or does corporate set them?

2. Net is not gross. There's a difference, and one would expect a business owner to know that. Nice though, that you acknowledge an owner isn't getting rich off his franchise. Kind of blows your whole argument that fast food is making huge profits out of the water.

So what?

Employees contribute ALL OF THE MONEY.

Neither does Chik Fil a.

Can Gay people become operators? No
Can non-Christian people become operators? No

That doesn't address the question.

1. Does the operator set the wages at his store or does corporate set them?

2. Net is not gross. There's a difference, and one would expect a business owner to know that. Nice though, that you acknowledge an owner isn't getting rich off his franchise. Kind of blows your whole argument that fast food is making huge profits out of the water.

1. In this instance it appears the operator set the wages, but more importantly, corporate pays the bill.

2. Revenue is the total amount of monies a business brings due to sales. A Chick operator is NOT an owner. Chick makes HUGE profits.

Neither does Chik Fil a.

Can Gay people become operators? No
Can non-Christian people become operators? No
:linky:

So what?

Employees contribute ALL OF THE MONEY.
Only if you ignore all the capital invested.
Yeah, without employees a company makes no money, so what?

Forum List

Back