Chess Anyone?

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Reaction score
1618811452846.png

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love chess, but I'm quickly humbled when I rarely play online.

Angelo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard it's more popular than dominoes, checkers and cards in prison
for the ones smart enough to play. ( No - I'm just guessing really) It's a good game --but, like
tennis, bowling, asteroids and ping pong, I haven't played in decades. Chess was in my top 5
growing up though, including, Risk, Monopoly, Battleship and Twister. ( does lawn darts count ? )

DudleySmith

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Used to love the game, won my club championship two years, small club. I liked the Ruy Lopez as white and the Sicilian as black, several variations of both. Haven't played in years, no time to keep up my skill level, much less improve. Would rather chase the wife around the house or the barn with any spare time I have.

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard it's more popular than dominoes, checkers and cards in prison for the ones smart enough to play. ( No - I'm just guessing really) It's a good game --but, like tennis, bowling, asteroids and ping pong, I haven't played in decades. Chess was in my top 5growing up though, including, Risk, Monopoly, Battleship and Twister. ( does lawn darts count ? )
Played a guy once that was pretty good (we drew), who said he learned to play in prison. All they've got is time, so according to him, it was really popular.

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard it's more popular than dominoes, checkers and cards in prison for the ones smart enough to play. ( No - I'm just guessing really) It's a good game --but, like tennis, bowling, asteroids and ping pong, I haven't played in decades. Chess was in my top 5growing up though, including, Risk, Monopoly, Battleship and Twister. ( does lawn darts count ? )
Played a guy once that was pretty good (we drew), who said he learned to play in prison. All they've got is time, so according to him, it was really popular.
And even in solitary confinement by tapping code.

You've got do something to keep from going insane in that situation. If you don't exercise your mind you'll get stupid.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Votto

Platinum Member
Reaction score
OP
TheGreenHornet

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The moves are easy to learn......what takes experience and or studying is how to co-ordinate your moves.......kinda like conducting a symphony

A good player can see around 5 moves ahead.

I am ranked in the l400s....play over at Lichess.com its free....be warned very addictive.

I play under sn Norco

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List