CBS Poll: 76% say Jan 6 was "a protest that went too far"

The second most popular result was “trying to overturn the election and keep Donald Trump in power” with 63%.”

That would be a coup. I don’t see much difference between a coup and an insurrection.

This is the type of argument that is a attempt to divert the public's attention from the facts. The poll clearly allowed people to choose more than 1 option. 63% saying it was a attempt to overthrow the election reasults is pretty strong and 55% saying a insurrection is a relatively strong majority. The morew general you get, the more people are going to agree.

Jonathan Turley means nothing. He is a Republican so he clearly would be participating in the attempt to turn horse manure into filet mignon.
Turley is a Democrat who voted for Hillary, Dumbass.

Sure. Zip ties, a gallows erected, thousands of people beating police with whatever they could find, mace, tasers, even a fire extinguisher. But yeah, it was just a protest.....to overturn the results of a free and fair election. Overthrow. Coup. Insurrection. All of the above. Honestly, at this point, it's best to just to own it. :)

Try to stay away from alt-right sources. They lie.
Here's what most Americans think. Republicans? They're too far gone in fealty to their savior.

Law enforcement disagrees with your assessment.

1641695411856.png

TWENTY percent of Republicans (rightfully) understand it was an insurrection designed to overthrow the government

Fuck I'd have joined that protest. Only an idiot breaks stuff and no way I'm entering the building unless it appeared welcoming. The tall majority of the assembly thinks the same way, though the left tells us 10s of thousands of rioters. An outright lie.

The protest was earned. The left swindled dirty for the appointment. The data doesn't compute, logic doesn't compute, so many anomalies don't compute, actions violating State Constitution don't compute. Shutting the place down with Trump cleaning up doesn't compute, and unethical actions like ballot harvesting and vote solicitation don't compute, nor does a dirty USPS having some much responsibility.

There's the elephant in the room too. Really, a record 81M suffering TDS leftists, no shit that many? They weren't voting for their candidate or issues for sure. One held up in his basement with early dementia, and the other is The Giggler who their own party rejected 99-1. What's to like about her and Creepy Joe?

If it smells like a rat it's a rat.

Hey assholes, I have a question, dicks too, being leftists, assholes can be respected. How many cameras operate from the Capitol, and why are they keeping the footage secret? That's the Democrats in operation. Same pukes practicing unquestionable hypocrisy against fellow congress during their witch hunt to nowhere for nothing but a narrative. Guess what happens when you steal an election? Well fuck, they've already established they're dirty.

Last edited:
So much for the INSURRECTION.

Oh, and to nobody's surprise, CBS buried this part of their poll to try to cover up their findings.

CBS Buries Poll Results Showing Most Americans Of Both Parties Think Jan 6 Was ‘A Protest That Went Too Far’​

For starters, “a protest that went too far” was the overwhelming favorite of the 2,046 Americans who were polled with 76% agreeing with that characterization of Jan. 6. The second most popular result was “trying to overturn the election and keep Donald Trump in power” with 63%. Both of those options were omitted in the graphic bolstered by CBS. Meanwhile, “an insurrection,” which came at a distant third with 55% of Americans was kept in the graphic among the others which polled even less popular.

Law professor Jonathan Turley said, “Despite the constant media mantra that 1/6 was an insurrection, the vast majority of polled citizens view it as a protest that got out of hand, according to a CBS poll. It is the latest example of the MSM in framing a narrative.”

Tablet Magazine’s Noah Blum pointed out that the poll didn’t even offer “riot” as a choice in its list of descriptions. “The most accurate description (something along the lines of ‘violent riot’) isn’t even an option on this poll,” he said. “This type of poor methodology leads to a ‘circling the wagons’ effect that just spits out partisan results almost regardless of the question itself.”

Substack writer Jim Reacher concurred, albeit in more pointed language. “‘A riot’ isn’t one of the choices. It’s also the only accurate choice. This poll sucks,” he tweeted.

You can call it anything you want, but scenes of a battering ram being used against the Capitol will be running 24/7 this campaign season against all those who downgraded its effect or worse, acted as traitorous cheerleaders.

No, this time it's the entire DoJ with far more evidence and hundreds of witnesses, including communications, staffers and officials.

Much more than Mueller had to work with.

But I'm sure it's all fake news. No problem.

Unless there is evidence that Trump told people to enter the Capitol and take the Senate by force, what’s the problem? And I’m not talking about evidence that Adam Schiff makes up or falsified dossiers. We’ve already seen how Democrats create “evidence”! (I wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary is behind much of this, knowing what she’s done in the past.)

And is this the ONLY thing the leftists have to hold onto? Are their policies so destructive to America, and the likelihood that Trump would win if he runs, that they are trying to make this the focus and deflect from Biden’s numerous failures and Harris’ idiocy?

Unless there is evidence that Trump told people to enter the Capitol and take the Senate by force, what’s the problem? And I’m not talking about evidence that Adam Schiff makes up or falsified dossiers. We’ve already seen how Democrats create “evidence”! (I wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary is behind much of this, knowing what she’s done in the past.)

And is this the ONLY thing the leftists have to hold onto? Are their policies so destructive to America, and the likelihood that Trump would win if he runs, that they are trying to make this the focus and deflect from Biden’s numerous failures and Harris’ idiocy?
Sure, change the subject.

Relax. I'm sure this is nothing.

Last edited:
Sure, change the subject.

Relax, I'm sure this is nothing.
How did I change the subject? You pointed out that there is mounds of evidence against Trump, and I pointed out how the Dems’ “evidence” was fabricated aka The Russia Hoax, and that therefore any evidence is circumspect.

And it is also relevant to discuss WHY the Dems are re-running the same play against Trump: they have nothing positive to run on.

How did I change the subject? You pointed out that there is mounds of evidence against Trump, and I pointed out how the Dems’ “evidence” was fabricated aka The Russia Hoax.

And it is also relevant to discuss WHY the Dems are re-running the same play against Trump: they have nothing positive to run on.
You may not realize it, but in a thread about Jan 6, you invoked Hillary, Biden and Harris, all of whom have nothing to do with the attack. I'm aware of how you folks (on both ends) are conditioned to deflect and attack without even thinking about it.

Again: I'm sure this is nothing. Fake news. Nothing to see here. MAGA.

You may not realize it, but in a thread about Jan 6, you invoked Hillary, Biden and Harris, all of whom have nothing to do with the attack. I'm aware of how you folks (on both ends) are conditioned to deflect and attack without even thinking about it.

Again: I'm sure this is nothing. Fake news. Nothing to see here. MAGA.
It’s all related! The Dems are desperate because they have NOBODY who could beat Trump, and thus they are presenting yet another false conspiracy charge to try to demonize him.

When the Democrats (or anybody) lie, it’s important to understand what motivates them. That is why someone who has nothing to gain from a situation has more credibility than those who do. IOW, in this situation it is, “believe my lie, or at least allow me to raise enough suspicion with it, and I can retain power.” That’s a pretty big incentive to lie.

It’s all related! The Dems are desperate because they have NOBODY who could beat Trump, and thus they are presenting yet another false conspiracy charge to try to demonize him.

When the Democrats (or anybody) lie, it’s important to understand what motivates them. That is why someone who has nothing to gain from a situation has more credibility than those who do. IOW, in this situation it is, “believe my lie, or at least allow me to raise enough suspicion with it, and I can retain power.” That’s a pretty big incentive to lie.
Sure is.

July 18 2018
"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," Trump said. "Just stick with us, don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news."

December 19 2021
Trump said he wished lawmakers had more protection during the Jan. 6 attack and that he asked for 10,000 National Guard troops to be present at the Capitol that day — a claim that has been debunked.

Sure is.

July 18 2018
"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," Trump said. "Just stick with us, don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news."

December 19 2021
Trump said he wished lawmakers had more protection during the Jan. 6 attack and that he asked for 10,000 National Guard troops to be present at the Capitol that day — a claim that has been debunked.
I don’t see anything wrong with that. Trump simply warned his supporters not to believe the crap of the fake news! Even now, despite the fact the FBI has said it wasn’t an insurrection, liberal media are still reporting it as such.

Forum List

Back