CBS Poll: 76% say Jan 6 was "a protest that went too far"

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
So much for the INSURRECTION.

Oh, and to nobody's surprise, CBS buried this part of their poll to try to cover up their findings.

CBS Buries Poll Results Showing Most Americans Of Both Parties Think Jan 6 Was ‘A Protest That Went Too Far’​

For starters, “a protest that went too far” was the overwhelming favorite of the 2,046 Americans who were polled with 76% agreeing with that characterization of Jan. 6. The second most popular result was “trying to overturn the election and keep Donald Trump in power” with 63%. Both of those options were omitted in the graphic bolstered by CBS. Meanwhile, “an insurrection,” which came at a distant third with 55% of Americans was kept in the graphic among the others which polled even less popular.

Law professor Jonathan Turley said, “Despite the constant media mantra that 1/6 was an insurrection, the vast majority of polled citizens view it as a protest that got out of hand, according to a CBS poll. It is the latest example of the MSM in framing a narrative.”

Tablet Magazine’s Noah Blum pointed out that the poll didn’t even offer “riot” as a choice in its list of descriptions. “The most accurate description (something along the lines of ‘violent riot’) isn’t even an option on this poll,” he said. “This type of poor methodology leads to a ‘circling the wagons’ effect that just spits out partisan results almost regardless of the question itself.”

Substack writer Jim Reacher concurred, albeit in more pointed language. “‘A riot’ isn’t one of the choices. It’s also the only accurate choice. This poll sucks,” he tweeted.

I find it odd how many defend what the protest was over by stating "BUT IT WASN'T AN INSURRECTION".

Really, you aren't saying much by saying that. You protested over losing an election. Call it whatever you want.

Oh, and to nobody's surprise, CBS buried this part of their poll to try to cover up their findings.

CBS Buries Poll Results Showing Most Americans Of Both Parties Think Jan 6 Was ‘A Protest That Went Too Far’​

For starters, “a protest that went too far” was the overwhelming favorite of the 2,046 Americans who were polled with 76% agreeing with that characterization of Jan. 6. The second most popular result was “trying to overturn the election and keep Donald Trump in power” with 63%. Both of those options were omitted in the graphic bolstered by CBS. Meanwhile, “an insurrection,” which came at a distant third with 55% of Americans was kept in the graphic among the others which polled even less popular.

Law professor Jonathan Turley said, “Despite the constant media mantra that 1/6 was an insurrection, the vast majority of polled citizens view it as a protest that got out of hand, according to a CBS poll. It is the latest example of the MSM in framing a narrative.”

Tablet Magazine’s Noah Blum pointed out that the poll didn’t even offer “riot” as a choice in its list of descriptions. “The most accurate description (something along the lines of ‘violent riot’) isn’t even an option on this poll,” he said. “This type of poor methodology leads to a ‘circling the wagons’ effect that just spits out partisan results almost regardless of the question itself.”

Substack writer Jim Reacher concurred, albeit in more pointed language. “‘A riot’ isn’t one of the choices. It’s also the only accurate choice. This poll sucks,” he tweeted.

As I've said many times, the vast majority of Americans, and virtually all of Real America, knows what happened on 1/6 was a protest of the kind our founding fathers envisioned for this country. Only a tiny fraction of the radical left disagrees, and keep in mind those are the same people who perpetrated the Summer of Terror in 2020, which killed 25 people, injured 600 cops, and caused over half a billion dollars in property damage.

As I've said many times, the vast majority of Americans, and virtually all of Real America, knows what happened on 1/6 was a protest of the kind our founding fathers envisioned for this country. Only a tiny fraction of the radical left disagrees, and keep in mind those are the same people who perpetrated the Summer of Terror in 2020, which killed 25 people, injured 600 cops, and caused over half a billion dollars in property damage.

The founders definitely supported protest but not over losing an election.

It's exactly what I said the day it happened. I said I supported the people's right to protest but I did not support what they were protesting over.

I supported both when people were protesting having their civil rights violated.

Sure. Zip ties, a gallows erected, thousands of people beating police with whatever they could find, mace, tasers, even a fire extinguisher. But yeah, it was just a protest.....to overturn the results of a free and fair election. Overthrow. Coup. Insurrection. All of the above. Honestly, at this point, it's best to just to own it. :)

Try to stay away from alt-right sources. They lie.
Here's what most Americans think. Republicans? They're too far gone in fealty to their savior.

Hey maybe I'll wear a mask after all.
s-l300.jpg

The FBI and the DOJ are two different organizations, and the DOJ is working with far more evidence, and it has only begun investigating.

I'm sure nothing will come of this, though!
The DOJ says you are full of shit.

1641570707156.png

2999.jpeg

The protest went so far as to get the avid trump supporter, Ashli Babbit, killed.

She's the only person who'd die for trump.

Forum List

Back