car AC/Heater not working

The issue is political when an American is driving a 10 year old beater, and then contemplates spending more plastic money to keep it running.
Make an appeal to the moderators if the conversation doesn't please you. They may make it go away for you?

Hardly. My daughter is driving a 2012 Kia Rio. It runs great, only has 40,000 miles and she really likes it. If something minor goes wrong with it like we perhaps have here, I will fix it.

The part to fix my step sons car cost $30. No one had to use any plastic money.

Hardly. My daughter is driving a 2012 Kia Rio. It runs great, only has 40,000 miles and she really likes it. If something minor goes wrong with it like we perhaps have here, I will fix it.

The part to fix my step sons car cost $30. No one had to use any plastic money.
Yes, but we know that you and your family are the exceptions. And the Kia has the mileage that normally represents 4 years.

What were those statistical facts? Something like 2/3's of Americans don't have $800 for an emergency?

Yes, but we know that you and your family are the exceptions. And the Kia has the mileage that normally represents 4 years.

What were those statistical facts? Something like 2/3's of Americans don't have $800 for an emergency?

That's another issue not related to the fact that someone wants to fix their heater.

2011 Accent .....heater and ac not working at all...it was low on coolant ......it's old--could be anything....could it be a fuze?
Good news, really. If neither works, you are looking at a new thermostsat, most likely. Just about the cheapest repair possible, on that car.

yes--good call ...then they get into MORE debt if they have to get a repair...my relative talks about not 1 but 2 coworkers that have car repair problems/etc--- etc such as paying the electric/gas bills....once behind, they can't catch up

yes--good call ...then they get into MORE debt if they have to get a repair...my relative talks about not 1 but 2 coworkers that have car repair problems/etc--- etc such as paying the electric/gas bills....once behind, they can't catch up
For a short while it looked like Biden was 'hope on the horizon' but that's pretty much toast now.

The hope has become a political spin job to make it out as a success. Sometimes that works too!

For a short while it looked like Biden was 'hope on the horizon' but that's pretty much toast now.

The hope has become a political spin job to make it out as a success. Sometimes that works too!
..these workers were getting $$$ BACK on taxes because of children and low income bracket

Yes, I understand that's the system they have learned to live by. But just having a 10 year old car suggests that this one may be attempting some restraint.

I would expect him to say this is his second car now.
I own two vehicles both 2003 models. I fix them and drive them, I paid $1500 each and have driven the truck since 2017 and no major problems same with the Buick Le sabre.

Ah, so just the blower motor? Maybe even cheaper. Something you may be able to do yourself.
I'd agree...first thing that I would check. The fan should blow for the defog of the front windshield no matter what. If it isn't turning, check to see if it's getting power. (Which means do an ohms check of the fuse and check to make sure that the fuse is getting power to it)
Which will tell you where to look next.
Solenoid relay, fuse, dash controls, and etc.

Easy fix.

Your local parts place should have them for about 40 bucks.

Easy fix.

Your local parts place should have them for about 40 bucks.

..I'm fairly good at fixing stuff like that...ty for the link...I used to work in a machine shop ... I made food carts where we had to install various electrical/plumbing/lighting stuff......I am a sheet metal fabricator....at my old work I programmed [ easy ] the code for a punch press/ ran the press, then ran the brake press to form the punched metal.....the machinist and I made and fixed all kinds of stuff for ourselves
..I will send a link for a thread on a ''simple ''' sword I made

..I'm fairly good at fixing stuff like that...ty for the link...I used to work in a machine shop ... I made food carts where we had to install various electrical/plumbing/lighting stuff......I am a sheet metal fabricator....at my old work I programmed [ easy ] the code for a punch press/ ran the press, then ran the brake press to form the punched metal.....the machinist and I made and fixed all kinds of stuff for ourselves
..I will send a link for a thread on a ''simple ''' sword I made
here's that sword I made

You need an electrical tester.
Check if the blower motor is getting power.
If it is - it's the blower.
If it isn't - it is a fuse or a short

Of course when you check it, make to start the vehicle and have the heater on.

A good drone of capitalism will get a new car with a large loan and high interest to show how well they support capitalism.
Capitalism has bought more people out of poverty than any other economic system. If you consider that a bad thing it is alright with me.

You need an electrical tester.
Check if the blower motor is getting power.
If it is - it's the blower.
If it isn't - it is a fuse or a short

Of course when you check it, make to start the vehicle and have the heater on.
good call....now that I think about it, I might just take it in .......I tried a new fuse-no go ...I could probably fix it myself--the blower that is.....but, if I would need to check the blower like you said, that's more do buy and do

good call....now that I think about it, I might just take it in .......I tried a new fuse-no go ...I could probably fix it myself--the blower that is.....but, if I would need to check the blower like you said, that's more do buy and do
The rheostat is bad then.

Forum List

Back