car AC/Heater not working

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
2011 Accent .....heater and ac not working at all...it was low on coolant ......it's old--could be anything....could it be a fuze?

2011 Accent .....heater and ac not working at all...it was low on coolant ......it's old--could be anything....could it be a fuze?
The AC and heating systems are two completely different things that often share the same controller so yeah it's possible a fuse is bad. Or the controller unit has failed, or you have something blocking the vents or a combination of all the above.

I bet they put that stuff in your coolant to stop leaks at the factory that if the level goes down and an air pocket forms in the coolant line, it forms a blockage in your manifold!
That's one I didn't think about. Drain the coolant system and add new coolant.

Do you hear anything when you try to turn them on? If not, could be the fuse. If so, it may be the fan. Usually even if the fan is shot, you will fill some heat eventually out of that side of the system.

Do you hear anything when you try to turn them on? If not, could be the fuse. If so, it may be the fan. Usually even if the fan is shot, you will fill some heat eventually out of that side of the system.
Yes, the osmosis of the heat should flow through mitigating drafts. Or the OP forgot to turn it to "on".

nothing

Fuse or electrical short or something of that nature it sounds like.
thanks confirmation ..I wasn't seeing anything on fuzes for the problem on inet ...so I will start with that
...thanks everyone for replies

I just replaced the control unit in my step sons Ford Taurus. It opens and closes the door that lets air into the car. But it's hard to diagnose over the internet.

thanks confirmation ..I wasn't seeing anything on fuzes for the problem on inet ...so I will start with that
...thanks everyone for replies
It's ten years old and not worth spending your money on. Poor working class Americans should all consider buying bicycles.
Biden's rescue plan is certain to fail.
Make the sacrifice to a bike for a billionaire!

It's ten years old and not worth spending your money on. Poor working class Americans should all consider buying bicycles.
Biden's rescue plan is certain to fail.
Make the sacrifice to a bike for a billionaire!
A good drone of capitalism will get a new car with a large loan and high interest to show how well they support capitalism.

A good drone of capitalism will get a new car with a large loan and high interest to show how well they support capitalism.
Yes, I understand that's the system they have learned to live by. But just having a 10 year old car suggests that this one may be attempting some restraint.

I would expect him to say this is his second car now.

A guy asks about fixing his car in a proper forum and people still can not restrain from making it political.

A guy asks about fixing his car in a proper forum and people still can not restrain from making it political.
The issue is political when an American is driving a 10 year old beater, and then contemplates spending more plastic money to keep it running.
Make an appeal to the moderators if the conversation doesn't please you. They may make it go away for you?

Forum List

Back