sword I made

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..I used to work at a machine shop as a sheet metal fabricator .....I ran a punch press that cut the metal and a brake press that formed it ....I had ''simple''drawing'' programming on the system.....the machinist welded and ran the lathes/etc...so together, we made and fixed all kinds of stuff for ourselves/homes/etc
.....the sword is drawn on the PC and then tools assigned to cut it...then the code sent to the machine to cut..then I formed the bends on the brake press
....the most time consuming thing was polishing the metal with a small grinding tool with 3 or 4 different grits...the metal is originally not shiny, but has a grain
.....the grip and guards are fairly easy to bend--but they are ''intricate'' with many and different bends....also some cut outs for decorative looks ....the handle is wood
..this was fairly easy to make..I think the ''crudeness'' of it makes it look more ''realistic
1635707866415.jpeg

1635707887248.jpeg

1635707910084.jpeg

Last edited:
check out the link for the dimension specs--120' height [minus legs about 10 inches ].....48" wide/etc
the big parts are heavy 16 gauge with many parts..the most difficult part I ever made is on the inside....a lot of these parts get welded--SO, the parts have to be made to spec.....you can see panels on the top part--they all have to be to spec--so that it all fits together..the door had 2 parts--an inner and outer ..there's a lot to it

1635708417529.png

Forum List

Back