Capitol insurrection hearings.

regardless of the "commission" in question, WHY has been my question from the start. WHY did they oppose it? (and i've looked. unfortunately most media outlets simply say they do but not WHY they do)

WHY do we have so many "independent" commissions on this?

WHY are we not holding ALL violence to this same standard?

oddly enough, zero big boy media outlets are asking this one simple question. They simply paint their stories up to make the other side look bad and insert emotions and insults where facts should be.

as a journalism minor from college days, it pains me greatly to see our "news' sources become political advocates instead. this isn't news, unbiased, or the truth anymore. EITHER SIDE.

but i keep looking and have found a few WHY's -

January 6 commission - Wikipedia - starting point and using their references to find what few articles i can that dig into it.

best article i can find:

part 1:
Republicans have argued that two Senate committees are already looking at the events of Jan. 6, as House panels have done as well. The Justice Department is pursuing cases against hundreds of individuals who were involved. Former President Donald Trump and others have said any commission ought to also be tasked to look at street protests and violence that took place in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd.

part 2:
But support in Congress has since become a partisan affair, despite the efforts of Rep. John Katko, a Republican of New York, who was tasked with negotiating details with Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi. Katko reported back success on his demands to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. The initial proposal for a 7-3 Democratic majority and superior subpoena powers for the Democratic chairman had been negotiated to a 10-member body split evenly between Democrats and Republicans with shared staff and subpoena powers along the 9/11 model.

so - initially it was 70% democrat. interesting. not exactly starting of bipartisan as we're lead to believe, now is it?

part 3:
Those who wonder why Republicans today are resisting the creation of a new independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol might review the tape of that moment in 2004 for a potential insight. That's because the new commission plan has been advertised as being modeled on the 9/11 Commission, and Republicans have long memories.

seems everything got twisted up and "rephrased" by democrats to be an attack, not a truth. so when they got named the 9/11 style commission, they went back and remembered what was done then.

doesn't appear to be pretty.

but there we go. here are the reasons for balking and saying no. it didn't start out as bipartisan, certainly can't with a 7 Dem 3 Repub board (hope we can agree on that) and these days seems everything is reworded and the media who loves to stir shit up to get clicks, paves the way.

everyone is a nazi. everyone is a racist. everyone practices micro aggressions on others. EVERYTHING these days is made an extreme and we're told to fear it and ONLY THEY can save us. only - they can't save themselves. the vast majority of us are living in a shit bucket because our leadership can't work together and tells the rest of us to FIGHT OR DIE.

again, quite extreme.

so to recap, the bipartisan 9/11 style commission brought back the activities of the past and there is zero trust from one side to the other. if i believe you are setting me up, will i trust you? would you trust a 7 Repub 3 Dem commission to review election results and say "what really happened"?

from what i know of you - no. you would not. know what? i would not either. whatever is keeping us from regaining that trust and working together *is* the problem today. til we fix that, who's doing what commission and who's todays nazi is meaningless and were we will stay.

how we go from here us on us, but it's quite clear the reasons for not participating are many; top ones including total lack of trust based off historical review and references; and we already had several going on.
Let's cut to the chase....whether the 9/11 commission or the Benghazi or Ukraine or current hearings/commission, whatever....the MSM has at least explained the why. Problem is that they lack true investigative reporting on all the subjects....one has to depend on the likes of Greg Palast or several of the Pacifica Broadcast network on the New York WBAI station to get that. And make no mistake, in all the aforementioned the participants demonstrating most dubious honor, integrity and honesty have been from the GOP. The main fault of the DEMS (in my humble opinion) is that they chicken out whenever there is an opportunity to actually pull the trigger in calling a spade a spade publicly and acting aggressively...whether it was under Obama or now Biden.

And the band played on.

That would not have been her choice. You keep saying dumb and wrong things. See the pattern? It means your point is crap.

You're a liar, the only two "republicans" on the committee were picked by palousey, she rejected those that were chosen by the minority leader. This is the first time that has happened in house history. But hey, you commies just love your firsts.

1628022513369.png

Yet several are dead and many are injured - and many more are suffering from mental distress and PTSD. The NaziCons used many weapons.
Elaborate.
Then elaborate on how many murders Liberals commit every week across the US.

We all know that murdering non-politicians is all good...you stupid asshole.

While I am pumping up my tires for my daily bike ride, I have the “capitol insurrection hearings” playing on my TV with the sound turned off. This is the best way to take in what is happening.
2021 storming of the United States Capitol - Wikipedia

"The rioters openly planned to disrupt the counting of Electoral College ballots for several weeks prior to the event, and called for violence against Congress, Pence, and police.[98]

"Plans were coordinated on 'alt-tech' platforms distinct from larger social media platforms such as Reddit or Twitter, which had implemented bans to censor violent language and images.

"Websites such as TheDonald.win (a successor to the Reddit forum r/The_Donald), social networking service Parler, chat app Telegram, Gab, and others, were used to discuss previous Trump rallies and made plans for storming the Capitol.[99][100]
us-capitol-global-reaction-confederate-flag-GettyImages-1230455296.jpg

"There were also calls for violence mentioning January 6 on mainstream social media platforms, such as Twitter and TikTok, although the majority of posts on these platforms did not explicitly call for violence."

I’m more puzzled by this weird Republican idea that if violence and murder doesn’t involve guns...it’s not violence, but patriotism.
Can you give an example of violence that didn’t involve guns?

Then can you explain why it’s ok by Democratic mayors for people to be murdered on an hourly basis?

Forum List

Back