Cancelling Student Debt?

No one is forced to take on student debt.

Accordingly, cancelling it would be the height of stupidity...
Wrong. College costs are a scam. Why do you support a scam?

I don't support a scam. I also don't support allowing people to borrow money to go to college and then simply telling them they don't have to pay it back. You can't do that with your mortgage company, why should you be able to do it with college loans? No one was forced to take on the debt from college loans. No one. Ever.

I didn't go to college but, somehow, I'm in a far better place financially than a lot of my friends who had student loans to pay. But, as I always remind them, they chose to take on that debt, knowing full well what the cost would be...
You’re not comprehending. If only those who are rich can afford college, you have done a great disservice to the nation.

Outside of HC costs (also a scam), nothing as gone up in cost more than college tuition. Forcing young people into massive debt serfdom to get a college education, is ignorant and harmful.

Please. Wake up.
And to think the more costs have gone up the education received has been in steady decline. So much so that today's graduate of a liberal arts program is as dumb as a box of rocks and has NO useful skills or knowledge whatsoever to market. All they've managed to do is piss away four or more years of their lives that they can never recover.
Very true. It’s a scam.
It's a scam designed to be a life support system for a bunch of assholes who for the most part can't do or contribute anything useful to society. Without academia and tenure many would be occupying a tent in one off the homeless camps and craping on the streets.

You’re not comprehending. If only those who are rich can afford college, you have done a great disservice to the nation.

I'm comprehending fine, numbnuts.

First off, I haven't done a disservice to anyone. I didn't go to college and, if I had, I sure the fuck wouldn't want to weasel out of a responsibility I took on of my own free will. That's just wrong.

Second, I've never said that college isn't too expensive. It is. It's fucking stupid. But the solution for that isn't to simply forgive the debt that's already been WILLINGLY taken on by people...

Outside of HC costs (also a scam), nothing as gone up in cost more than college tuition. Forcing young people into massive debt serfdom to get a college education, is ignorant and harmful.

Then work to change the system. Work to bring college tuition costs down. I'm onboard with that 1,000%. But I will never agree that erasing the slate for existing debt is a sane way to go.

And the idea that you can't be successful without a high school diploma is silly. I went into the Navy six months out of high school, retiring 20 years later. I then worked in the music industry for 12 years before starting my own photography business, which has become comfortably successful. I didn't have a penny of student debt to pay back, and I'm in a position where I could retire if I really wanted to.

Take a look at the President of Taylor Guitars in El Cajon, California. He and a friend bought out a small luthier's co-op in 1974, in Lemon Grove, California for $3,000. That company today is worth over $100,000,000. Bob Taylor has only a high school diploma and he's fucking rich as fuck; a net worth measured in eight figures...

Please. Wake up.

To what? To the ridiculous notion that forgiving all existing student debt is the way to go?

Not in 1,000 lifetimes would I ever agree with that...

First off, I haven't done a disservice to anyone. I didn't go to college and, if I had, I sure the fuck wouldn't want to weasel out of a responsibility I took on of my own free will. That's just wrong.

Second, I've never said that college isn't too expensive. It is. It's fucking stupid. But the solution for that isn't to simply forgive the debt that's already been WILLINGLY taken on by people...

Then work to change the system. Work to bring college tuition costs down. I'm onboard with that 1,000%. But I will never agree that erasing the slate for existing debt is a sane way to go.

And the idea that you can't be successful without a high school diploma is silly. I went into the Navy six months out of high school, retiring 20 years later. I then worked in the music industry for 12 years before starting my own photography business, which has become comfortably successful. I didn't have a penny of student debt to pay back, and I'm in a position where I could retire if I really wanted to.

Take a look at the President of Taylor Guitars in El Cajon, California. He and a friend bought out a small luthier's co-op in 1974, in Lemon Grove, California for $3,000. That company today is worth over $100,000,000. Bob Taylor has only a high school diploma and he's fucking rich as fuck; a net worth measured in eight figures...

Please. Wake up.

To what? To the ridiculous notion that forgiving all existing student debt is the way to go?

Forgive all student loan debt, and shut the fuck up.

Why do cons love it when the ultra wealthy get bailed out, but really like screwing the much less fortunate? Are they stupid?

Please. Wake up.

Why do cons love it when the ultra wealthy get bailed out, but really like screwing the much less fortunate? Are they stupid?

Why do cons love it when the ultra wealthy get bailed out

(8) Cancelling Student Debt is Highly Regressive | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

DURR........

Please. Wake up.

Suck a dick, buttmunch.

You're too fucking stupid to understand that forgiving the loans won't fix the problem. I don't like seeing anyone get bailed out. Live with the choices you've made. How is that askiing someone to do too much?

These people willingly, and freely, assumed these debts. Period. End of story. As such, they also assume the responsibility of paying those debts back. That's how the world works.

When you buy a house or a car, you don't get to say "Oh, this costs too much" and renege on the loans, and a house is a fucking necessity! How does forgiving voluntarily assumed debt addressing the issue? There need to be ramifications for bailing on the debt that's rightly owed.

You want the loans forgivien? Fine. Everyone who wants their student debt forgiven has to file for bankruptcy; enjoy your Chapter 13. Therein will lie the penalty for being a fucking scumbag deadbeat...

Please. Wake up.

Suck a dick, buttmunch.

You're too fucking stupid to understand that forgiving the loans won't fix the problem. I don't like seeing anyone get bailed out. Live with the choices you've made. How is that askiing someone to do too much?

These people willingly, and freely, assumed these debts. Period. End of story. As such, they also assume the responsibility of paying those debts back. That's how the world works.

When you buy a house or a car, you don't get to say "Oh, this costs too much" and renege on the loans, and a house is a fucking necessity! How does forgiving voluntarily assumed debt addressing the issue? There need to be ramifications for bailing on the debt that's rightly owed.

You want the loans forgivien? Fine. Everyone who wants their student debt forgiven has to file for bankruptcy; enjoy your Chapter 13. Therein will lie the penalty for being a fucking scumbag deadbeat...
Millions have been scammed by the higher education crooks. You want them to pay for the scam. I don’t. It’s not right.

When our government bails out big business to the tune of trillions, you don’t complain. Yet you’re fine with screwing little people for trying up get an education.

Think man. Think!

Millions have been scammed by the higher education crooks. You want them to pay for the scam. I don’t. It’s not right.

I want them to pay for the debt they VOLUNTARILY took on.

If it's truly a scam, then investigate, charge, try, convict and imprison the perpetrators. But, until that point, those bills need to be paid...

When our government bails out big business to the tune of trillions, you don’t complain. Yet you’re fine with screwing little people for trying up get an education.

Hey, pinhead, reading ain't exactly your strong suit, is it?

I said previously that I don't think ANYONE should be bailed out, big or small. Not a fucking penny. To say "you don't complain" only proves to me how monumentally fucking ignorant you are.

But, like I said, let these deadbeats file chapter 13 and then we'll talk...

Think man. Think!

I am.

In fact, I'm thinking about how enjoyable this conversation might be if you did the same...

If it's truly a scam, then investigate, charge, try, convict and imprison the perpetrators. But, until that point, those bills need to be paid...

I said previously that I don't think ANYONE should be bailed out, big or small. Not a fucking penny. To say "you don't complain" only proves to me how monumentally fucking ignorant you are.

Think man. Think!

I am.

In fact, I'm thinking about how enjoyable this conversation might be if you did the same...
Big banks and other scammers voluntarily screwed home owners resulting in the Great Recession. They all got bailed out.

So, we have a precedent.

Think son. Think.

Think man. Think!

I am.

I attended my state’s largest public university in the early 80s. Got a degree in business. I have my cancelled checks for tuition payment. They were under $1,000 for a full load of credit hours. I wrote the check easily because I had worked full time after high school and saved up. Kids today don’t have this ability. The cost is too great BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING SCAM.

So dipshits, do we want an educated citizenry where kids can attain quality jobs with high salaries via education, or do you prefer they all work at Walmart?

Of course you grant exceptions for the wealthy.

Think man. Think!

I am.

I attended my state’s largest public university in the early 80s. Got a degree in business. I have my cancelled checks for tuition payment. They were under $1,000 for a full load of credit hours. I wrote the check easily because I had worked full time after high school and saved up. Kids today don’t have this ability. The cost is too great BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING SCAM.

So dipshits, do we want an educated citizenry where kids can attain quality jobs with high salaries via education, or do you prefer they all work at Walmart?

Stop being a fucking retard. I don't want to see exceptions granted for anyone. You really need to get that through your thick, retarded skull.

That's great that you were able to work and put yourself through college. But to say kids can't do that today is untrue. They can. Kids are doinig it every day...

Think man. Think!

I am.

Stop being a fucking retard. I don't want to see exceptions granted for anyone. You really need to get that through your thick, retarded skull.

That's great that you were able to work and put yourself through college. But to say kids can't do that today is untrue. They can. Kids are doinig it every day...
BS. Most kids can’t afford college tuition working menial jobs.

My son graduated summa cum laude from one of the nation’s best engineering schools. It cost about $20k annually just for tuition. It was this cheap only because we lived in state. With books room and board, add another $10k. What kid can afford that doofus?

In your world, you’d tell my exceptional son to go fuck off. You aren’t going to get a good education or you will have to suffer under mountains at appalling double digit interest rates.

WTFU!!!

Think man. Think!

I am.

My son graduated summa cum laude from one of the nation’s best engineering schools. It cost about $20k annually just for tuition. It was this cheap only because we lived in state. With books room and board, add another $10k. What kid can afford that doofus?

In your world, you’d tell my exceptional son to go fuck off. You aren’t going to get a good education or you will have to suffer under mountains at appalling double digit interest rates.

WTFU!!!

You aren’t going to get a good education or you will have to suffer under mountains at appalling double digit interest rates.

Liar.

1606877216887.png

Federal Interest Rates and Fees | Federal Student Aid

Think man. Think!

I am.

WTFU!!!

You aren’t going to get a good education or you will have to suffer under mountains at appalling double digit interest rates.

Liar.

View attachment 424140

Liar...and dumb ass.

Current average interest rates for private student loans are as follows: 3.64% to 13.63% for fixed rate loans and 2.72% to 11.88% for variable rate loans.
Here's Why Student Loan Interest Rates Are So High—And What You Can Do About It

Think man. Think!

I am.

WTFU!!!

Liar.

View attachment 424140

Liar...and dumb ass.

Current average interest rates for private student loans are as follows: 3.64% to 13.63% for fixed rate loans and 2.72% to 11.88% for variable rate loans.

What kind of a stupid twat would pay 11.88% for a variable rate loan when they could pay
2.75%-5.30% fixed? Besides you.......
1606879011443.png

Durr.

It is rational to compare forgiveness of student loans with personal bankruptcy. In both cases, there are lenders who get screwed, and people who voluntarily borrowed money walk away from it. Morally indefensible, but it is a thing that we tolerate.

The decision was made many decades ago to exclude student loans from bankruptcy debt absolution, because there was a flurry of doctors and lawyers who were intentionally running up student loan debt with the intention of having it all discharged in bankruptcy. Not so fast...

Maybe this policy choice should be revisited. Not absolve all student loan in bankruptcy, but a portion of it under certain well-defined circumstances. Maybe absolve an amount that is equivalent to four years tuition at the applicable state college, and keep the student-debtor on the hook for anything more than that.

But this should not be an ordinary thing. It should be limited to extraordinary circumstances where for reasons that were totally unpredictable and without fault of the student-debtor, s/he is unable to repay.

Think man. Think!

I am.

WTFU!!!

Liar.

View attachment 424140

Liar...and dumb ass.

What kind of a stupid twat would pay 11.88% for a variable rate loan when they could pay
View attachment 424152

Durr.
Fool. Many kids are stuck with high interest rate loans.

My daughter’s best friend was paying 13% as of a 18 months ago. She’s now paying 9%.

You don’t know shit. Stop posting.

Think man. Think!

I am.

WTFU!!!

Liar.

View attachment 424140

Liar...and dumb ass.

View attachment 424152

Durr.
Fool. Many kids are stuck with high interest rate loans.

My daughter’s best friend was paying 13% as of a 18 months ago. She’s now paying 9%.

You don’t know shit. Stop posting.

Many kids are stuck with high interest rate loans.

Your claims were future tense

Moron.

You don’t know shit.

That's why I keep making you look stupid.

Think man. Think!

I am.

WTFU!!!

You assume a lot.

What kind of idiot takes on $120,000 in student debt and takes a job at fucking McDonald's in the hopes that he'll be able to support a family?

No one can afford that. Which is why, after spending that kind of money on their education, they get good paying jobs that aren't minimum wage. Did your son get a shitty job? I'm gonna' guess no. Which means your own family experience should tell you that people don't go to college for four years to work the drive-thru at Jiffy-Chef.

The problem which is coming to light here is that you believe that leftist bullshit line that, in order to be successful, you have to have a college degree.

You need to wrap your pointed little head around that fact that it just isn't true...

Forum List

Back