Canadian oil, gas emissions to be cut more than one-third by 2030 but offset credits allowed

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well..seems like Canada has set themselves quite the goal..is it possible? Time will tell, but for a country with vast oil resources to take such a stand is telling. Of course, this has been in the works for a while..dividing the country twist East and West..even more than it already is, with the bulk of the petro industry totally against this move.

Canada will require its oil and gas industry to cut emissions to 35% to 38% below 2019 levels in six years in what the government is calling a historic first for a major fossil-fuel producing country.
Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault announced the long-promised oil and gas emissions cap Thursday at the COP28 summit in Dubai, a policy likely to inflame tensions with conservative leaders of western provinces that are home to the bulk of the industry.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government will implement a cap-and-trade system to achieve the cuts. It will set a legal limit on the sector’s emissions and then allow companies to buy and trade a limited number of emissions allowances or permits. Companies that reduce emissions will be able to sell more permits, thereby rewarding those who innovate to cut pollution.

Well..seems like Canada has set themselves quite the goal..is it possible? Time will tell, but for a country with vast oil resources to take such a stand is telling. Of course, this has been in the works for a while..dividing the country twist East and West..even more than it already is, with the bulk of the petro industry totally against this move.

Canada will require its oil and gas industry to cut emissions to 35% to 38% below 2019 levels in six years in what the government is calling a historic first for a major fossil-fuel producing country.
Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault announced the long-promised oil and gas emissions cap Thursday at the COP28 summit in Dubai, a policy likely to inflame tensions with conservative leaders of western provinces that are home to the bulk of the industry.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government will implement a cap-and-trade system to achieve the cuts. It will set a legal limit on the sector’s emissions and then allow companies to buy and trade a limited number of emissions allowances or permits. Companies that reduce emissions will be able to sell more permits, thereby rewarding those who innovate to cut pollution.
All that may change when enough of their uncooperative EVs quit working on a -60 degree Farenheit night, and all they find is frozen corpses. They probably won't get to the other goal that is called "safety first" after a few weeks into the winter season that has likely already started in the northernmost areas of Canada that includes part of the arctic circle. (Upper Left Quadrant on map below)

1701968794693.jpeg

No serious discussion here.

As is typical when the denialists get their chain jerked on the climate change discussion.

Let's hear how long they can stay interested in spamming at least?

COP where the elite go to decide how much shit we lowly peasants will have to give up. Unless these shitbags traveled to Dubai in a sailboat why the fuck would anyone listen to their hypocritical garbage ?

If she can pass Trump by she's going to end up against a lot stiffer opposition at the polls than Biden.

Newsom?

It will become a quiz show question

" Where on the world map was Canada"

No serious discussion here.

As is typical when the denialists get their chain jerked on the climate change discussion.

Let's hear how long they can stay interested in spamming at least?

My posts are not great...I am usually posting from work (in a hurry) or on a small screen phone using Fat Fingers. But sometimes even my Posting make sense? Yours? No one can be quite sure of what you are saying. This post above is one of your better ones...I will admit that.

OFFSET? WTH? It means the rich can buy all the rights to use unlimited Oil-GAS? but the poor will have to stop using cars? or other? Ride the bus boy...you can't afford to pay the offset.

My posts are not great...I am usually posting from work (in a hurry) or on a small screen phone using Fat Fingers. But sometimes even my Posting make sense? Yours? No one can be quite sure of what you are saying. This post above is one of your better ones...I will admit that.
You haven't earned my time and attention.

Forum List

Back